Air Asia Seat Sale On Now

LuckyLew

Looking at air asia now as they have a seat sale on for next Jan to next June

It is cheaper to book our 1 year old baby as an adult

Has anyone done this before?

Any issues at the airport if we do this?

Thanks in advance

LL

To my knowledge, you can't book your infant as either a child or an infant.

You can, however book 2 seats for one person, but you must inform them.

I've recently had TWINs and looked at a few options for them.

If your experience differs, please come back and tell us so that we are better informed.

Somebody better inform Air Asia.

''To make a booking for an infant, please select the number of infants traveling with you while creating your booking at www.airasia.com.''

How do you find these sales? I've looked at AA's site and never seen them. Probably looking in the wrong place. Wouldn't mind booking well in advance for a trip somewhere for a few baht smile.png

''To make a booking for an infant, please select the number of infants traveling with you while creating your booking at www.airasia.com.''

Keyboard warriors ... *sigh*

Can one Adult fly with 2 infants?

AirAsia01a_zps384d8685.png

post-104736-0-19029100-1401715336_thumb.

Can you book a seat a seat just for an infant?

AirAsia02a_zpsefc08b8c.png

post-104736-0-75391100-1401715544_thumb.

If you persist in disagreeing ... up to you.

Please make the booking and I wish you the best of luck.

post-104736-0-96868100-1401715336_thumb.

• Like 1

How do you find these sales? I've looked at AA's site and never seen them. Probably looking in the wrong place. Wouldn't mind booking well in advance for a trip somewhere for a few baht smile.png

Simply go to the Air Asia website and sign up for their email notifications.

That is how I receive them.

• Like 1

Pointing out that you didn't read the OP properly is not being a keyboard warrior.

You can book an infant as an adult but to actually use the seat you would need to provide your own carseat.

Great, now we are getting somewhere.

You have done this?

If so, when it comes to the part where they ask the details of the accompaying passenger, in this case, the infant, how did you navigate the bit where ask about the date of birth?

I have an open mind and a desire to always learn that which I don't know.

Pointing out that you didn't read the OP properly is not being a keyboard warrior.

You can book an infant as an adult but to actually use the seat you would need to provide your own carseat.

If so, when it comes to the part where they ask the details of the accompaying passenger, in this case, the infant, how did you navigate the bit where ask about the date of birth?

You contact the airline, in the same way as you would if you were booking 2 seats for an adult.

From their website: "Should a car seat be used for an infant, the adult shall pay for the seat on which the car seat would be placed upon"

• Like 1

You contact the airline, in the same way as you would if you were booking 2 seats for an adult.

From their website: "Should a car seat be used for an infant, the adult shall pay for the seat on which the car seat would be placed upon"

A car seat...really?

In all my times on planes including AA, I have never seen a car seat used on a plane. Infant (not a child) sits on the parents lap for takeoff and landing.

You can, however book 2 seats for one person, but you must inform them.

I've recently had TWINs and looked at a few options for them.

If your experience differs, please come back and tell us so that we are better informed.

David, take them on QF, SQ or Thai and book 2 adult seats and request 2 bassinets that hang on the back of a bulk head.

baby_1-round1.jpg

• Like 1

But be careful, is that seat approved. eg, You book a Jetstar flight form BKK or Phuket to Oz, if it doesn't have the Australian standard thingo on it, they wont let you use it, (if they follow their own rules and Australian Law) even though in 99% of the cases it would be safer than the other options. (Kid belt in front of the Adult, and the baby be damaged in a sudden deceleration as the parent bends fwd.).

This goes for many western carriers whose countries have standards for safety products.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

As usual, be very careful with your options etc when booking on the Air Asia Site.

Their site can in some stages be extremely confusing with adding or not wanting some of their options........Many, experienced with their ways and means won't have any trouble, but, there are many traps if you are not careful and and not used to their antics!

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't actually designed to confuse.

Edited by fishhooks

Keyboard warriors ... *sigh*

Can one Adult fly with 2 infants?

AirAsia01a_zps384d8685.png

attachicon.gifAirAsia 01.png

Can you book a seat a seat just for an infant?

AirAsia02a_zpsefc08b8c.png

attachicon.gifAirAsia 02.png

If you persist in disagreeing ... up to you.

Please make the booking and I wish you the best of luck.

It's law, only 1 infant or child per adult.

Safety reasons I suppose.

I asked Air Asia this question, when I finally got through to a real person!