Cafes With Wifi *and* Power Outlets?

friendly_yankee

Hi (again),

Does anyone know of good cafes with both wireless Internet connections and power outlets. I've been hunting around the net -- and searched the archives -- not nobody says anthing about power outlets. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and I'm willing to travel to any part of Chiang Mai. The Internet service doesn't need to be free at all. Thanks. Sorry for posting so many messages.

F.Y.

There's one that meets those requirements at Ratchapakinai Road, just south of Ratchadamnern (inside the moats). From Thapae Gate walk straight ahead. Turn left at the first intersection and enter the first Internet cafe you meet.

Edited by rishi

Buddy Internet, opposite Central Kad Suan Kaew on Huawy Kaew Rd definitely, and probably their branch in Sompetch Gold Place near Spicy also.

Always liked Buddy. Friendly people and a nice fast connection. Upstairs at the Kad Suan Kaew branch is a nice coffe shop area with more PC's and wireless. It is more comfortable and much quieter. Not too many people seem to realise it is there.

Starbucks has both but the rates offered are expensive in my opinion, I think its 200 B/hour also Starbucks isnt everyones cup of tea :o

The one at Ratchapakinai, mentioned above, charge 20 baht/hour (same as for using their own computers). High quality equipment (Compaq, 512 MB ram, flatscreens, fast connection, firewalled against keyloggers and spyware. They connect via True cable (which makes their connection as stable as you can get in thailand).

Buddy Internet is great (as mentioned above). The owner and the staff are really great people.

Cafe Sansai (on Mae Jo Road near Ruamchok Market) has free WIFI for there customers. The owners are really nice and after one visit, they'll remember your names for life. (The menu is small but you can't beat free WIFI).

Cafe Mong Pearl, on Thanon Huay Kaew, go past Central and Thanon Nimmanhemin to the Canal road, carry on towards the Uni, past the first 7-11 (on the right), past Lanna III, Cafe Mong Pearl is about 50m up from there on the right.

Free WIFI internet and they never complain about plugging in, which you can do at the tables. Iced coffee standard western price - about 50 baht. Their banana pancakes and peanut butter on toast are pretty good.

Also I hear Happy Hut on Thanon Nimmanhemin (around soi 9 I think) has free wireless now. They also have power outlets outside, probably inside too.

In fact, there are so many cafes springing up on Nimmanhemin that they'll probably all start competing on that, especially since Thai students have laptops these days :-)

Wawee coffee I think has wireless but if I remember correctly, you have to pay for it. Not sure about the power outlet situation there.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...

THE GARDEN GUESTHOUSE/CAFE/MASSAGE on Ratchadamnorn road near The Writer's club. Offers FREE WIFI and INTERNET for customers.Check out http://www.thegardenchiangmai.com You will find that they will also provide you with a power point from extension cables in the garden or there are power and ADSL points in the cafe.Wifi signal strong throughout garden and cafe and also in the rooms for rent.