Visa refused at Satun Border

My Friend just returned form a border run to satun and was given 20 Days. He had a doubble entry visa, which he had from Australia. He used the first entry and wanted to re enter to get the second 60 days but received 20 days only.

Any one had similar experiences on other borders?

A mistake giving 20 instead of 60 makes more sense.

OP, if there was a problem I think they would have told him why he wasn't getting 60 days.

If they didn't say anything, that would be consistent with a mistake being made.

• Like 1

it happened to me once that i filled in the wrong visa number on the immigration card and the officer gave me only 30 days on arrival without telling me the number was wrong. i realized it in the taxi later and then had to go to thai immigration in bkk to change it to 60 days... so, if something similar happened to your friend (wrong visa number or forgot to fill in any number) then the visa would still be valid (not stamped as "used", yet)... did he check that already?

It pays to check the stamp right there and then when you get your passport back.

You must even at an immigration office. After paying for a yearly extension and a multiple re-entry permit, my passport was given back to me with neither stamps nor receipts for both. "Oh Sorry" was their reply".

like said by others sounds like a mistake.

Where people work mistakes will happen once in a while.

Even Thai immigration do make mistakes . 555

Just go to your local immigration office and it should be solved.

Next time better check your stamp before leaving the immigration area.