'Doc' Neeson, The Angels, has died aged 67

David48

Am I ever gonna see your face again was about his friends gf who died on a motorbike, a sad song. The no way get effed bit was not what he intended but fans kept singing it for the wrong reason.

• Like 2

Am I ever gonna see your face again was about his friends gf who died on a motorbike, a sad song. The no way get effed bit was not what he intended but fans kept singing it for the wrong reason.

Yes but Doc and the Angels adopted the additional line. If you notice the words on the shirt he (DOC) is wearing in the clip I posted above.

• Like 2

RIP - agree that he and the band were fantastic - the Brewster brothers remain very underrated guitarists. The Liveline album remains one of my favorites and I wondered how he was getting on after last year's benefit concert.

• Like 2

Not only were Doc Neeson’s ANGELS one of the most popular Australian live bands, they were also one of the loudest. After every show, it took at least three days for my hearing to regain normality…I will never forget that ringing sensation of the Angels in my ears. Thanks Doc for showing us how to have a good time..You will be sadly missed by the fraternity...RIP

• Like 1

A colleague tells a nice little yarn about Doc. His friend owned a guitar shop in Sydney and Doc was a regular customer. Doc was there one day when a Japanese girl came in to check out guitars and he spent the better part of an hour or two with her explaining what would be best to buy and then teaching her some chords.After Doc left and the girl asked who he was, she was quite speechless and asked the friend if he had Doc's phone number.

This is a sad day. Time for another Oz/Kiwi rock night at home with my old friend Johnny Walker.

• Like 1

For those that missed Australia Story 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for that chooka.

Just watched it, sensational show.

My pleasure Will, catch you on the AFL forum for some serious ribbing.

I was not what you call an Angels fan. However, as an Aussie, I was often inspired on travels to hear their sings.

Thanking you Chooka as I really enjoyed the Australian Story episode.

I like many will miss losing one of our very famous rascals

Finally got time to watch this vid - and I'm glad and sad. It popped up names that have faded from an era of music that is unsurpassed. But I witnessed that era, and I will go to my grave in gratitude at having the chance to be there. I had a very fringe involvement in that era through my work in radio and TV, It was nice to rub shoulders with the likes of, say, Peter Garrett, but in the grand scheme of things (my career, I mean) it was ultimately insignificant, and as your life moves in other circles, you tend to put these memories behind you (until a vid like this comes along). So the vid is a chance to look back - I was working in radio station 2JJJ when Doc came through one day (early 80's). I was excited. but many rock stars (and crims - Raymond Denning?) were passing through that William Street building at that time - and I had a job to do, so it was a case of "wow, it's Doc", but "will someone <deleted> check what's on the <deleted> teletype machine because I have to go on air in 5 <deleted> minutes?".

So thanks for posting the vid and reviving some memories.

Wit.