More Thais to default on their loans due to increased household debts: NESDB

webfact

I'm waiting for the posters in that other thread a few days ago who claimed that most Thais earn 40.000 a month these days.

Note that in this OP they have adjusted the 25.200 Baht per Thai person to per household. Huge difference

My 17 year old nephew earns 6,500 baht per month and quit school when he was 16 as he considered himself to clever for school. He has the intelligence of a coomon rock but lacks the social skills of the rock. He spends more than he earns as his grandmother supports him.

My niece at 22 however is the first person in the family to go through Uni and has a degree in Business Studies. She has a better job and earns 13,500 baht per month and her debts are Uni fees. So much for ther promised 15,000 baht per month for Uni graxduates as promised by the PTP.

The g/f's 18 y/o cousin who is a computer wiz earns 12,000 THB per month working part-time designing websites for a company in BKK. She also has another part-time job as a cashier in a Japanese restaurant which earns her another 6,500. So 18,500 per month for a girl just out of high school. In her first year of working she bought a brand new motorcycle, iPhone and Apple computer that she uses for her work. There are good paying jobs out there for people that have high tech skills.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The g/f's 18 y/o cousin who is a computer wiz earns 12,000 THB per month working part-time designing websites for a company in BKK. She also has another part-time job as a cashier in a Japanese restaurant which earns her another 6,500. So 18,500 per month for a girl just out of high school. In her first year of working she bought a brand new motorcycle, iPhone and Apple computer that she uses for her work. There are good paying jobs out there for people that have high tech skills.

Two poorly paid jobs doesn't equal one well paid job.

• Like 1

I'm waiting for the posters in that other thread a few days ago who claimed that most Thais earn 40.000 a month these days.

Note that in this OP they have adjusted the 25.200 Baht per Thai person to per household. Huge difference

most, if not all the Thais I know earn between 40-75K per month on average. and many of them are not living beyond their means. 2 kids at a reasonably good school alone costs 120,000 Baht per term or 240,000 per year, car payments, health insurance, etc. the cost of living here has gone to the moon.

It sounds as you know very few Thais.

actually i know many Thais not only in Thailand but in USA and Europe. i've lived here many years and before moving here, traveled back and forth since 1980, so have built up many professional and personal relationships over the last 34 years. in my business, Thais are some of the best customers and the biggest spenders.

actually i know many Thais not only in Thailand but in USA and Europe. i've lived here many years and before moving here, traveled back and forth since 1980, so have built up many professional and personal relationships over the last 34 years. in my business, Thais are some of the best customers and the biggest spenders.

I would suggest these are not typical Thais and not earning a typical Thai wage.

I only know one Thai that has been outside the country (if you exclude hookers).

He is now a chef working at a major 5* hotel, currently earning 12,500bht a month.

I would suggest these are not typical Thais and not earning a typical Thai wage.

I only know one Thai that has been outside the country (if you exclude hookers).

He is now a chef working at a major 5* hotel, currently earning 12,500bht a month.

it all depends on who you know i guess. all of my Thai friends have traveled to Europe, USA and Australia, Korea, China, etc. either on vacation or on business-related seminars or industry functions. a number of them lived in either Los Angeles or Denver, or European cities, owned businesses there, etc. everyone in my wife's family has been to China, Japan, Malaysia, Australia, the States, etc.

so it all boils down to who you know. everyone is different.