HBC Home Builder Centric ? What kind of house ? Why so expensive ? Pre-built house ?

Here's something from Youtube about them...there's several clips on there.

They are using something they call 'synergy' walling systems. A fancy name for spray on concrete I think.

It looks like they are promoting energy efficient or green housing. Usually a way to boost prices.

Anyhow, I like the designs, little pricey by Thai prices, cheap by western prices, but look nice.

Doesn't matter how you look at it, 47K Baht per sqm is ridiculous.

To repeat an idea recently posted by member beachproperty, if you want a cool house, just spend 200-400K baht on a solar system and run your AC for free - then your 38sqm house costs you less than 20K Baht/sqm, and is guaranteed cool, and environment friendly too.

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 2

Doesn't matter how you look at it, 47K Baht per sqm is ridiculous.

To repeat an idea recently posted by member beachproperty, if you want a cool house, just spend 200-400K baht on a solar system and run your AC for free - then your 38sqm house costs you less than 20K Baht/sqm, and is guaranteed cool, and environment friendly too.

Ouch, that's nearly twice what we paid per metre, and the insurance man thought we were over the top until he saw the place.

At that rate I could pay 4 million for a solar power system, have free aircon, export power to the village and still have change for a beer.

Yep. The logic of some does make you wonder... :)

Look, the cheapest 38sqm house costs 1.8 MB !!!

Assuming 6x6m layout. If wall is 2.5m high, area of perimeter wall is 60 sqm, that is 1.67 times the floor area enclosed.

In a 12x12m layout, area of perimeter wall is 120 sqm and is only 0.83 times of the floor area enclosed.

Cost goes up for smaller floor areas.