Flight at 2.40am the day after "admitted until" date

You are wrong. Nobody will get a fine for those hours. I'm sure that ubonjoe or some of the other experts here on visa/immigration questions will tell you the same in a few hours

that is not the point you are saying in a public forum that it is ok to overstay totally irresponsible you are the wrong advocating people should break the law. and I am sure ubjoe would not advice people to break the law , you are going by hearsay an immigration officer told you oh its ok but it is not the law, and iam sure that more expect posters that YOU will tell me the same and they would not advise people to break the law like you have add vised, you know you have made a mistake but you are not man enough to admit to it, do not post again you do not know what you are talking about you just give bad advice

Joe have already replied two times. Read his posts wink.png

I don't care what joe thinks, he is not the one on a public forum saying it is ok to overstay YOU ARE, I think you do not understand what you are saying, I don't think you should be on this forum giving advice to people,, end of story.

Edited by MikeandDow

Nearly every good direct flight to Europe is after midnight. That's the best time to fly there. You will arrive in the morning.

It's also always ok to overstay those hours even if he check in after midnight. No fine and no complains.

this is bad advice try not to overstay can not believe this guy saying it ok to overstay he is incorrect saying this, people have been fined.

can not believe this guy going on a public forum and saying it ok to overstay, totally immature and bad advice.

People don't get fined for overstaying a couple of hours at the airport. If you overstay more than one day you will get a fine.

Nothing bad will happen for a few hours overstay.

You're missing the point deliberately. There is no fine we know but the overstay is still just that, an overstay and is recorded.....

agree with you can not understand this guy advocating and advising people that it is ok to break the law, unbelievable.

Apart from not wanting to ever have to catch a flight at the god awful hour of 2.40am, even if I did have to catch a flight at say 12.30am to Europe or India say, I would still schedule my departure such that my last permitted date to stay is NO EARLIER than the date of flight, just to avoid the possibility of an overstay. In this time of increased scrutiny with regards to visa runners, previous overstayers are the first ones that are being scrutinized when attempting to re-enter the Kingdom on future occasions.

I agree that the check-in counter should be open about 3 hours before departure (rarely more unless it's a THAI Airways flight, but by the sounds of it, I recall that the sole flight at 2.40am or around that time out of Suvarnabhumi or anywhere in Thailand for that matter is Emirates to Dubai I believe) so if you can't reschedule your trip (or better yet, get a 1900 Baht 7-day extension) then you better make a beeline for immigration before midnight. Still, I personally would never do that, take that sort of risk and suffer the embarrassment of overstay - I've never overstayed in any country and never will. There's never a good excuse for it either (medical extensions are possible so that rules out being sick and not getting an extension of stay).

There are lots of flights leaving between midnight and 03:00 (true, including Emirates).

The check-in desks are generally open 4 hours ahead of the flight time so easy to get through Immigration before the witching hour and stay legal.

Edited by Bpuumike
  • Like 2

You are wrong. Nobody will get a fine for those hours. I'm sure that ubonjoe or some of the other experts here on visa/immigration questions will tell you the same in a few hours

that is not the point you are saying in a public forum that it is ok to overstay totally irresponsible you are the wrong advocating people should break the law. and I am sure ubjoe would not advice people to break the law , you are going by hearsay an immigration officer told you oh its ok but it is not the law, and iam sure that more expect posters that YOU will tell me the same and they would not advise people to break the law like you have add vised, you know you have made a mistake but you are not man enough to admit to it, do not post again you do not know what you are talking about you just give bad advice

Joe have already replied two times. Read his posts wink.png

I don't care what joe thinks, he is not the one on a public forum saying it is ok to overstay YOU ARE, I think you do not understand what you are saying, I don't think you should be on this forum giving advice to people,, end of story.

Ha ha ha are you serious or are you joking? We are talking about a flight that leave 02:40. So either he can pass immigration just before midnight, or a few minutes after midnight. Every week there are threads here about people overstaying many years. A few minutes in worst case is it here. And you go on like he is comitting a murder. ha ha Even the immigration just smile when at you when passing them a few minutes after midnight to your Europe flight. I have done it twice. No problem like ubonjoe also wrote in the beginning of the thread