in 7 month iam 50. Marriage sour. Visa advice please

Mentors

My marriage is going downhill. My extensions based on marriage runs out in July. I get 50 in 7 month.

Im not shure if i should do a extensions based on marriage again on Juli or i better leave Thailand for a multi visa.

in 7 month im 50 years and i think about doing then a retirement appl.

Any advice/idea

The path of least resistance is to do one more marriage extension, work out a mutually agreeable separation and then convert the marriage extension to retirement end of next year. However, the spouses participation is required for the marriage extension and the OP hasn't said exactly how sour things have gone.

• Like 2

If you have a child from the marriage and the child is Thai, and a birth certificate with your name on it to prove you are the father, you can get an "O" visa based on your dependent. Then no need to have the wife's consent for your visa if you separate.

• Like 1

What happens if when having a visa based on marriage the wife snuffs it?

If on an actual visa, nothing happens. You would just not get a new visa.

If on an extension of stay, you will need to find a new reason to stay in Thailand. Technically it means your permission to stay ends the day the marriage ends (death or divorce), but in the case of death immigration doesn't expect you to leave the country right away. There are no official rules for, but often they allow you to stay till the end of the permission to stay.

I agree with the poster said it's a sad existence to be married for the green card I mean marriage visa...

BFD...take off and set up shop elsewhere either in Thailand or travel. Get a tourist visa which gives you 6 months to get you to age 50 if need be...

Best to start retirement visa process in your home country anyway...

CB

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The path of least resistance is to do one more marriage extension, work out a mutually agreeable separation and then convert the marriage extension to retirement end of next year. However, the spouses participation is required for the marriage extension and the OP hasn't said exactly how sour things have gone.

Run now and sue for divorce. It is not going to get better ever. Marriage extension is one more ball on the chain. Go home, enough time to get divorced. Claim she abandoned you and come back retired and fresh. No brainer.

There is no such thing as a mutually agreeable separation. Talk to a paralegal at home, you may not even need a lawyer. No brainer. Oooops sorry I am not a lawyer never been on Broadway and I am not giving legal adv. just common sense.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Run now and sue for divorce. It is not going to get better ever. Marriage extension is one more ball on the chain. Go home, enough time to get divorced. Claim she abandoned you and come back retired and fresh. No brainer.

There is no such thing as a mutually agreeable separation. Talk to a paralegal at home, you may not even need a lawyer. No brainer. Oooops sorry I am not a lawyer never been on Broadway and I am not giving legal adv. just common sense.

You do not need to "sue" to get divorced in Thailand. As long as both parties agree, it is a simple visit to the Ampur to arrange.

Whether or not you want/need a divorce, only you can decide.

Likewise only you know how feasible it is for you to remain married for another 7 months.

• Like 1

I agree with the poster said it's a sad existence to be married for the green card I mean marriage visa...

BFD...take off and set up shop elsewhere either in Thailand or travel. Get a tourist visa which gives you 6 months to get you to age 50 if need be...

Best to start retirement visa process in your home country anyway...

CB

While I agree there is no need to continue a bad situation or kow-tow to a bitch, you don't need to be in your home country to get the non-imm O and retirement extension--get a tourist visa now, or wait in Cambodia where the visa is easier, and do the O and retirement extension in 7 months time.

• Like 1

yes, thanks ian cnx. My head is running already on a high speed level. Will try a deep breath.

Having been down a similar situation, all I can suggest is one day at a time. When I was going through rough times, the conversations about my impending divorce would not stop running in my head.

I couldn't sleep and opted for professional help to be able to get some rest.

Good luck to you. This To Shall Pass.

It is easier and cheaper if you just run away from your so called marriage.

I too used to run away or do a "Geographical" as they are sometimes called. What I found, is that the resentments, memories and assorted baggage wasn't left behind after I had departed the scene.

I now deal with life on life's terms and learn from past mistakes. I no longer run...not even for a Visa.

Good luck to the OP.

Dude, have you been reading Thaivisa too much or what!

Sorting out the basis for the yearly extension is the least of your worries. You have got your priorities totally out of whack. Reading posts on here all day you might end up thinking that life's biggest challenge is how to get permission to stay in Thailand. How wrong you would be!

• Like 1

I recommend divorce and your departure.

It would help to know your nationality and hers, where the marriage was obtained, and if you would really consider living in Thailand (I hope not for your sake).

I hope not much property is involved and both can sign the divorce immediately.

If your relationship is this far along, time to face real facts, yes?

I hear no love of Thailand living so maybe best to just go.

My marriage is going downhill. My extensions based on marriage runs out in July. I get 50 in 7 month.
Im not shure if i should do a extensions based on marriage again on Juli or i better leave Thailand for a multi visa.
in 7 month im 50 years and i think about doing then a retirement appl.

Any advice/idea

1.) Were you a part of IT, that IT WENT "DOWNHILL?"

2.) Buy a fishermen's wife.-Please see photo. Doesn't eat, doesn't speak, doesn't annoy you, doesn't want money, doesn't want maak maak........facepalm.gif

post-108180-0-78555400-1402061640_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

Start attending classes at a TEFL school. One of those schools that will provide you with a one year visa. They gave me a non-imm O when I did that 12 years ago. The school was finished after 2-3 months, then I had the rest of the year to look for employment (90 day visa runs required). Several such schools exist, in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, and surely many other cities. Decide where's best for you at least in part, based on the need to exit every 90 days. And too, with the idea of possibly repairing the marriage, I'd hope. Some time apart might help in that regard.

There may be a list of such schools on thaivisa somewhere, their cost, rating, duration, visa info, etc. There are also several listed on ajarn.com. Never hurts to acquire new skills or brush up on old ones.

Choke dee...

Edited by RedQualia

Thank you for all replies.

In my marriage there is no property involved, no kids.

After 4 years living in the very country side (South) most of the time with nearly daily powercuts (sometimes for 30 hours) and poor infrastructure im not able to live there anymore.

If have started to get a depression about this.

And the time of love is gone anyway.

My wife seems to understand that i can not stay in the sticks for longer anymore than for example 2-3 weeks in line.

For the last couple of weeks i have travelled/stayed in Bkk, Pattaya, Chiang Mai.

Now i have to go back to do the 90 Days show face report and after that next month my marriage visa ext. Is running out.

In January i get 50.

So, this is the situation i ask about what to do.

it really gives me headache.

Edited by Mentors

It is easier and cheaper if you just run away from your so called marriage.

I too used to run away or do a "Geographical" as they are sometimes called. What I found, is that the resentments, memories and assorted baggage wasn't left behind after I had departed the scene.

I now deal with life on life's terms and learn from past mistakes. I no longer run...not even for a Visa.

Good luck to the OP.

But may be run because of the knife than!!

Glegolo