NACC sets up panel to investigate assets of Yingluck, former ministers related to rice scheme

webfact

What about the topic on hand? The investigation related to the rice scam which has lost the country 500 billion already with more to follow?

i dont believe most of the drivel written in the Thai press and specially on this crappy website should have been shut down a long time ago.
Why bother hanging in this site then?

You sound like a right Merchant.

Cause i love reading al the crap reply's on topics such as this by the barstool Thailand experts who havent even got a bloody right to vote in said country bunch of laughs you silly little people are.

This is a forum which means it's a place to have a discussion about various subjects and a right to vote in Thailand isn't required. If we all had a vote we could express our views that way.

Your problem may be that you are only reading the posts that are written in English that is of a similar level to your own. I don't know if English is your first language but I suspect it is and it might improve if you took the time to read posts of a higher level. You might get a better response with a more reasoned approach.

As to your point about army generals I don't know the details but if they've been involved in anything they shouldn't then it's only right that they are held to account. The same can be said for anyone else who has done something they shouldn't. This is an ideal opportunity for General Prayuth to show he is unbiased.

That doesn't mean that the rice scheme and those involved shouldn't be investigated.

Nope English is not my native tongue that would be Dutch,French,German,some Spanish and Dansk.

And most of the responses that i have read the last few months concerning all the troubles in Thailand on this forum are certainly not of a higher level but are of bottom feeder level.

I think most army generals in western country's would love to have the same kind of money some of these Top Thai army brass boys have in their bank accounts google's youre friend pall.

• Like 2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looks like her brother will be expecting some guests to hide in exile with him soon.

Yingluck is not allowed to leave Thailand.

how hard is that with all the money and connections at her disposal?

All of the richest Thai family's have most of their dosh stashed away in tax havens and then you have the the pensioner foreigners triyng to meet the 800.000 requirement to get that yearly extension to stay in said country nuff said.

looks like her brother will be expecting some guests to hide in exile with him soon.

Yingluck is not allowed to leave Thailand.

how hard is that with all the money and connections at her disposal?

I didn´t say she can´t sneak out of Thailand, just that she was not allowed to do so.

• Like 1

All of the richest Thai family's have most of their dosh stashed away in tax havens and then you have the the pensioner foreigners triyng to meet the 800.000 requirement to get that yearly extension to stay in said country nuff said.

As do a lot of expats and retirees here who have money offshore. So what is your point?

800,000 should be pocket change for people of retirement age.

After reading the many problems foreigners have on said visa forums getting the cash to meet said visa requirments i dont think so,and yes has't there been a lot of so called crackdowns on certain dodgy visa agents providing the so called funds.... Edited by Kudel

How can these people, assumed as innocent until the facts are on the table defend them selves in a dictatur state ? How can the people of Thailand be sure the justice is fulfilled ? TV censored, newspapers censored and the radio censored.

The military have a challenge here, how to convince the Thai people of anything when they are censoring the media ??? Good luck.

Your new.

They don't need convincing.

Every one already knew before the military declared martial law.

Under the new laws for what can appear in the press.

Expect to hear some incredible numbers for how much money the guilty people have made.

Open your ears 500 billion. they have the figure they are just trying to find where some of it went.

I am not a Yingluck fan but I don't believe she was a part of it. She is not smart enough to do it.

She was just a tool.

I believe the young lady reported a 50million baht increase in net wealth last year not bad for someone making what 200,000baht a year.

As I have said before , anything to do with any programme the PTP were involved with , not only the rice scheme, should be investigated bah.gif

This is right.

And we must not forget, all income over the tenure should not only be accounted for, but see that all taxes have been paid.

As is so often the case, investigators look at income and ignore that the income had not been taxed.

Might as well hang the guilty parties for sheep as for lambs.

Thai anti-graft body to probe Yingluck finances

BANGKOK, June 6, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's anti-graft body on Thursday launched an assets probe into deposed premier Yingluck Shinawatra in relation to a bungled rice subsidy scheme that sparked widespread anger.

Yingluck was ousted in a controversial court ruling last month, two weeks before a May 22 military coup.

Her elder brother Thaksin Shinawatra -- a divisive former premier -- had $1.4 billion confiscated by a court in 2010.

In addition to Yingluck -- who was a successful businesswoman before turning to politics -- two former commerce ministers and their deputies also face investigations by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC).

"The NACC has agreed to set up a sub-committee for an assets probe against ministers involved in the rice scheme subsidy under Yingluck Shinawatra's government," the body said in a statement.

If they are found to have profited from the scheme they could have their assets seized, an NACC official told AFP.

The rice subsidy paid farmers up to 50 percent above market rates for the grain.

Some estimates say it cost the Thai public finances $4.6-6 billion a year.

It became a lightning rod for anger among protesters who alleged the scheme punched a hole in Thai finances, battered the rice industry and fostered massive corruption -- all to shore up Yingluck's rural electoral base.

The scheme spectacularly boomeranged on Yingluck at the start of the year as the caretaker government was unable to raise funds to pay thousands of rice farmers for their crops.

Yingluck was indicted by the NACC for dereliction of duty related to the rice policy, a day after she was removed from office.

Her brother Thaksin lives overseas to avoid a prison sentence for corruption -- which he contends was politically motivated -- handed down in the wake of his ousting by an army coup in 2006.

His assets were frozen that year by a committee set up by the generals.

In 2010, the Supreme Court confiscated $1.4 billion of Thaksin's wealth after ruling he abused his power.

Analysts say Thailand's new army rulers are determined to purge Thai politics of the Shinawatra family, who have dominated elections since 2001 with mass support from the rural north and northeast.

Their poll success has roiled the Bangkok-based elite who accuse the family of corruption and cronyism.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-06-06

RICE-PLEDGING SCHEME

Yingluck faces assets probe

The Nation

30235597-01_big.jpg

Yingluck

Anti-graft agency also targets four former ministers involved in the rice-pledging scheme; junta orders nationwide check of rice stocks

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/731971-nacc-sets-up-panel-to-investigate-assets-of-yingluck-former-ministers-related-to-rice-scheme/?p=7932095

'Tis indeed amazing just what 'brotherly love'' can lead to.

Yingluck is just another throwaway pawn in the Thaksin Shinwatra megalomaniac game of chess.

God gave us our relatives, thank god we can choose our friends.

• Like 1

Yingluck faces assets probe

Its a long shameful fall from Prime minister to having your assets probed. Twice in one family, they really must be clones.

Hopefully they will learn that crime and corruption doesn't pay.

Edited by waza

Under the new laws for what can appear in the press.

Expect to hear some incredible numbers for how much money the guilty people have made.

This quote again! Every thread it seems :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by SABloke

Along with all the vailed accusations, would someone please explain how the corruption was presumed to work? How was it manipulated? Where and how was the money being syphoned off? Thanks

The rort in this country is so deep and complicated like the 9 heads Hydra,

and if the NACC will investigate deep enough, those leads will take them

back to some of their own personal....

Its impossible to know if a "fair" investigation will ensue but both sides are rich enough to engage the best advocates for their case and it will be fascinating to see it all unfold. I hope the slimey Suthep weasel gets a good going over too...

. . . and. . . with the military in control, all this gets a better chance of emerging than it had. . . as there were no alternatives but

a continuation of the same politicians who cannot be trusted on either side of politics

..........To investigate a scam which may have cost lost the country 500 billion (and probably even much more than that) seems to be a tat more important at the moment.

According to physics, energy ( money ) is never lost, its just a matter of in who's pockets it ended up.

Not lost, just re distributed :)

• Like 2

Along with all the vailed accusations, would someone please explain how the corruption was presumed to work? How was it manipulated? Where and how was the money being syphoned off? Thanks

You won't get much joy there. Most opinion on corruption on this forum is of the "every one knows" persuasion. "Every one knows Yingluck stole money from the Rice Subsidy Scheme", "everyone knows the PTP have been emptying out the treasury", "every one knows..................." - you get the idea coffee1.gif

• Like 1