Is it worth setting up a thai company prior to marriage?

ghworker2010

not hope

its done everyday

sails through the BDB

It's rubbish, ancient history.
Can't do it now, shouldn't have done it then.
Today, most land offices will refuse outright to register a property in a company mane if any of the shareholders appear to be foreigners.

Buy your condo and car now, saves arguments when you get divorced.

The company is set up with all Thais
then 10 days later shares are transferred back
+

You hope!

If you feel the need to be devious, you are with the wrong woman to start with.

Follow the advice in post #2, more appropriate.

There is nothing devious thinking about worse case scenario and making sure you can't be strung out to dry or in a position to be dictated to.

Too many people walk into their biggest commitments in Thailand with just their hearts and balls, with their brain in the clouds.

I've heard countless miserable stories. I've only been on TV for a week & there's some1 wanting advise on messy break up after 2 years & from what I read kiss goodbye to his recent investment because of no thought of, "what if".

I don't know about LTD's with farang shareholders being flatly refused land registry now but think your right going in with your head and your heart. Maybe you won't another 1 at the end of the bar with jai dam if it doesn't work the way you want.

My post was referring to "You need to make sure the wife does NOT now" which IS devious.

There is nothing wrong with taking precautions, but be open and honest about it, she will understand your position and probably help you achieve it. Userfruct is a common answer.

exactly! you dont drive you car around without insurance thinking, im such a good driver, it'll never happen to me,

why not do it for assets worth more then your car!