Handevision Ready to Ship its 40mm f/0.85 Lens Worldwide

It’s official! The world’s fastest mirrorless camera lens is going to be shipping worldwide in the very near future. With a 40mm focal length perfect for many situations, the lens is topped with a maximum aperture of f/0.85. The prime lens is now in stock based on their press release. Looks like the Voiglander 17mm f/0.95 has some competition now!

If you are in love with tons of depth of field, this is the route you may want to start going down. “Mirrorless cameras with a sensor smaller than full-frame have a larger depth of field even if they are used with lenses set to the same aperture as their full-fram equivalents” (The Phoblographer). This explains why ou see a lot of creamy bokeh on cameras such as the Fujifilm 56mm f/1.2 that everyone goes crazy about. Personally, I am a huge fan of nice bokeh and depth of field and would love to get my hands on this product.

full story..... http://fstoppers.com/handevision-ready-to-ship-its-40mm-f0-85-lens-worldwide

Just realised the juxtapose in that statement.

Edited by rhythmworx

Silly price. Will be interesting to see the wide open sharpness, distortion and vignetting when in real use. My guess is anything wider than f1.4 will not perform and then it begs the question of why pay for the extra stops. This is a manual focus lens and that's the first challenge. I previously owned a Scheinder 25mm 0.95 and found it incredibly difficult to nail focus wide open. On a tripod with a static subject it was no problem but in everyday use? well, I sold it!

• Like 1