Mythical beast found in construction pool, villagers insist: Korat

webfact

I worry about this country sometimes.

Loch Ness ???????????????????????

Leprachauns (sp) cant be arsed to check

You were saying?????

Its one thing to have a fairy tale from a hundred years ago, quite another to find it now.

We found a naga today in the local companies pond?????? And we make offerings to it? Strewth....

Not sure when the loch ness thing came along. So Thailand is up with a couple of hundred years ago.

Nessie was deliberately faked as an act of retribution.

Retribution for?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hahahahhahahah oh the irony of it all..

The Patron Saint of England ... St George the DRAGON slayer!!! hahahahhahaha

And it's fine to have a wee pop at Thai cultural mythology? hahahahhahhahaahaha

I don't think anyone in England has claimed to have seen a dragon in a pond lately have they? It's not that most cultures don't have beliefs that belong in the dark ages, but a dragon in a construction pond? Come on.

As opposed to hearing "the voice of God" or seeing Big Foot, or the Loch Ness Monster ?? I'm being cynical about the whole mythology and peoples beliefs in it.

Last time I was at home, also in Korat, there were lots of people who claimed to be able to see a face of a deceased villager in a tree, I laughed it off (silently of course) but as sure as there was shit in a dog, the closer you looked, there was a shape there indeed that was eerily "like" a face. It was real enough for those who believe in superstition.

There have been many historical people who have claimed to have had "visions" , what's wrong with some random Thai's seeing a mutl headed creature in a pool :P ??

Of course it's stupid and far fetched for many people, but for those that believe it, isn't that down to them, and up to them? The rest of us will just "yawn and move along, nothing to see here " sort of thing ;)

• Like 2

Retribution for?

Essentially, the author said, it was a toy submarine bought from F.W. Woolworths with a head and neck made of plastic wood, built by Christian Spurling, the son-in-law of Marmaduke Wetherell, a big game hunter who had been publicly ridiculed in the Daily Mail, the newspaper that employed him. Spurling claimed that to get revenge, Marmaduke Wetherell committed the hoax, with the help of Chris Spurling, his son Ian Marmaduke, who bought the material for the fake, and Maurice Chambers, who asked surgeon Robert Kenneth Wilson to offer the pictures to the Daily Mail.

Source: http://www.mysteriesaroundus.com/nessie-is-she-real/

Geez, sometimes the sheer cynicism of TV members horrifies me.

Why, only a month or two ago back home in the Scottish Highlands, on my way home from a night out with the lads, I saw Nessie. We sat down together and had a dram or two before she swam off across the Loch....

That could explain why she's been ignoring my emails.

She's found another man. sad.png

They need to lay off chewin' that whacky-backy.

I bet my bottom dollar the old dear who saw it rear its head out of the water smiled, through her bright red lip-stick, revealing her beautiful brown cows teeth, as she gave her account of the miracle. sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

• Like 1

Why, only a month or two ago back home in the Scottish Highlands, on my way home from a night out with the lads, I saw Nessie. We sat down together and had a dram or two before she swam off across the Loch....

If that was really true you would claim that she paid the tab.

I worry about this country sometimes.

Loch Ness ???????????????????????

Leprachauns (sp) cant be arsed to check

You were saying?????

But the difference is that no Irishman or Scotsman take it seriously. It's only a good laugh.

Here they take it seriously. They are morons, one and all (ok, maybe not all, but far too many).

• Like 1

Retribution for?

Essentially, the author said, it was a toy submarine bought from F.W. Woolworths with a head and neck made of plastic wood, built by Christian Spurling, the son-in-law of Marmaduke Wetherell, a big game hunter who had been publicly ridiculed in the Daily Mail, the newspaper that employed him. Spurling claimed that to get revenge, Marmaduke Wetherell committed the hoax, with the help of Chris Spurling, his son Ian Marmaduke, who bought the material for the fake, and Maurice Chambers, who asked surgeon Robert Kenneth Wilson to offer the pictures to the Daily Mail.

Source: http://www.mysteriesaroundus.com/nessie-is-she-real/

Plastic Wood???

If I hadn't a believed it, I wouldn't have seen it!

If they did see it, then it is no longer a myth. Used to laugh at show "Unsolved Mysteries". Duh. Solved mysteries we call "facts". Maybe it is a hit or myth situation?

I am sorry Bernard we Irish never claimed Loch Ness I think the Scottish nation would have a problem with that. Especially if we came over

and drank all their whisky.

But we in Ireland own all the leprechauns who often appear for American tourists who travel to see them. We also had moving statues back

in the 80s but that was with the help of Irish whisky.biggrin.png

".......with the help of Irish whisky.biggrin.png

Well, would you look at dat. Whisky, the water of life from Scotland. Over there in the Auld Sod, they call it whiskey and so do their American cousins Jack Daniels & James Beam.

This pic has done the rounds but to my knowledge has never been satisfactorily explained. This is what the Naga is supposed to look like.

It's an oar fish that was hit by a Navy seal Rib and severed most of its head.

The seal team brought it back to shore and took the photo.

Some time later some clever dick in Thailand saw a Payanaga story in it and it went viral all over Thailand.

• Like 1

Did it ask you for tree-fiddy before she left?

Hahahahhahahah oh the irony of it all..

The Patron Saint of England ... St George the DRAGON slayer!!! hahahahhahaha

And it's fine to have a wee pop at Thai cultural mythology? hahahahhahhahaahaha

I'd certainly have my doubts about anyone who claimed to have seen St Georges dragon.