Advice

klinpree

I am currently working as a MPD supervisor for a service company.

If I am to further my career I am going to have to obtain my IWCF ticket.

I have 5 years experience in MPD but I am not from a drilling background, how easy is this course to pass, is there any good books I could read to get an idea of the sort of questions they will be asking.

I assume the course work you do if understood tells you all the answers.

Also could anyone recommend a course that would be suitable here in Thailand

Many Thanks

Hi Klinpree

I made a comment on a similar subject here a few months ago. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706309-iwcf-well-intervention-course/#entry7486247

As far as I am aware PTTCO (google em) is the only WC school training here in Thailand,but I will be happy to be corrected on that if someone knows any different,......I have no affiliation to them, I just happen to be fairly senior offshore and have attended many schools world wide through the years and I would rate this one as one of the better ones, but it is a bit intense....I am going back in Oct.

IWCF are introducing a new procedure starting the 31st of Aug, check out www.iwcf.org, part of this new format is a new entry level exam so if you haven't had a cert before you cannot come straight in at Drillers level after that date. I would recommend booking it before then, the alternative is starting off with the IADC well cap well control cert, slightly different, open book exam and cert accepted by most employers, however to be honest as a rule the IWCF is preferred. I have access to a lot of training material but it'll be too much to email, if you PM me I would be happy to post it to you on a USB when I get back home to Patts from offshore the tail end of next week.