English teacher

brooner

Native speaker ? or cheapo Philippino ?

Hopefully whoever it is will be someone who is able to spell "Filipino."

Is the child being taught some English in his school? If so, whoever tutors him should be familiar with what he is being taught and augment that, possibly meeting with his regular teacher to get assignments that complement what is being done in class. There is nothing so confusing for a child who is learning a language (or anything else) than getting two totally uncoordinated, unrelated and (in the child's mind) conflicting approaches to the language. Also, if one teacher has a Thai accent and the tutor had a British or American or Filipino accent, a native speaker may not notice much difference, but to someone trying to understand what is being said in a language he's just learning, it will seem like two different languages.

I'm sure your motivation for wanting the boy to be tutored is commendable, but you may just frustrate the child and cause him to lose any interest in trying to learn the language.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Native speaker ? or cheapo Philippino ?

Hopefully whoever it is will be someone who is able to spell "Filipino."

Is the child being taught some English in his school? If so, whoever tutors him should be familiar with what he is being taught and augment that, possibly meeting with his regular teacher to get assignments that complement what is being done in class. There is nothing so confusing for a child who is learning a language (or anything else) than getting two totally uncoordinated, unrelated and (in the child's mind) conflicting approaches to the language. Also, if one teacher has a Thai accent and the tutor had a British or American or Filipino accent, a native speaker may not notice much difference, but to someone trying to understand what is being said in a language he's just learning, it will seem like two different languages.

I'm sure your motivation for wanting the boy to be tutored is commendable, but you may just frustrate the child and cause him to lose any interest in trying to learn the language.

Thanks for the advice Suradit69 i also got this same advice from a teacher i am going to use unlike that clown Pattaya 28 who's reply to the add was how much how & many hours. He also wondered why he did not get a reply.

• Like 1

^^^

I am a fluent Thai speaker with English teaching skills who could have helped (and I live close by) but I would have asked the same questions had I been interested in a single student situation ....

Correct i should have worded this better as it was the personal messages i received from Pattaya 28 later that led me to call him a clown.

I believe he should have probably given a bit more info on his teaching qualifications & we could have discussed the terms & conditions once i had reviewed these.

I am sure if you were an employer & the first words that came out someones mouth at an interview were how many hours & how much you would not be too impressed.

How much, how many hours and when is not a "clownish" reply at all.

Also make sure the teacher has a WP to teach private.

No correct this was not clownish & i should have put it better but the private ones after were, but he never did take me up on the offer to come round & tell me these things.

Must be one of the keyboard warriors.