Man hospitalised inSurin

espinoza

My mom told me today that the spoke about a Norwegian guy staying in a hospital in Surin. Totally disabled after an accident. He do not have anybody to pay for his return to Norway. Have anybody here heard about the case ? If so, please give me some info on <use PM>

If I can I will help.

Edited by Tywais
email removed as per forum rules

This is not an unusual thing to happen. Thus, the reason to either have sufficient funds in a bank or a good insurance policy (one that covers scooter accidents as not all do).

Let's try this over in the Issan forum. Topic Moved.

• Like 1

I'd assume that some TVF members are living in Surin and could give a helping hand.

I was in a similar situation, but my wife was there 24/7 for me.

If that's not possible, the tourist police should help him to sort things out. Their phone number is 1155 (toll free)

Hope he'll have a speedy recovery and gets his problems sorted out.-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

I will make some enquiries with the guys in Surin. Eivan of the Oasis Norwegian Bar Is a regular in the private hospital, for example and he will be familiar with proceedures.

Good news, I know a German organisation in Bangkok, that might help as well.But it won't be a mistake to inform the tourist police. It's basically one of their responsibilities,

Keep us informed, please..

I will make some enquiries with the guys in Surin. Eivan of the Oasis Norwegian Bar Is a regular in the private hospital, for example and he will be familiar with proceedures.

Good news, I know a German organisation in Bangkok, that might help as well.But it won't be a mistake to inform the tourist police. It's basically one of their responsibilities,

Never seen a tourist policeman in Surin.

I have put a message out locally that many farangs will see.

Will keep u posted

Dave

Edited by DILLIGAD
  • Like 1

Never seen a tourist policeman in Surin.

I have put a message out locally that many farangs will see.

Will keep u posted

Dave

Just give them a call. 1155......got it on my tourist police volunteer shirt: Your First Friend. Will call a female officer who's working for Sisaket area.

Keep you up to date.

Info is slowly filtering through. He has been hospitalised for about a year following a motorcycle accident. He has no insurance to pay the large medical bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The guy to ask about the case in Surin is Alf.........

This topic has been covered considerably in 2 Norwegian/Thai/Isaan facebook groups. Money can be paid into a bank account created by a Norwegian doctor, who has been in Surin to see him and is trying to organ fundings to pay the hospital, and help him back to Norway.

If anyone wants the account number, or any other info send me a pm.

• Like 2