Phuket expat shooting target arrested for murder of girlfriend in Denmark

webfact

Phuket expat shooting target arrested for murder of girlfriend in Denmark
Claire Connell

1402279137_1-org.jpg
Dennis Knudsen. Photo: Pattaya One.

PHUKET: -- Dennis Mark Knudsen, the intended Danish victim of a shootout by two Australians last year in Patong has been arrested in Denmark and charged with the murder of his girlfriend.

Newspaper Ekstra Bladet reported that Knudsen, 25, had been arrested and charged with the murder of his girlfriend, 33, after he allegedly stabbed her to death in the bedroom of their apartment.

The woman's two young children were in the apartment at the time of the killing.

On January 22, 2013, Knudsen was allegedly shot at by Australian biker John Cohen who, with his partner Mark Shea, had been looking for the Dane and spotted him on the back of a motorbike taxi. The incident happened on Soi Sansabai in Patong.

Cohen missed Knudsen and instead hit two innocent German tourists, who had to be hospitalised with arm and shoulder wounds.

After their arrest, Cohen and Shea said Knudsen owed them a million baht – B380,000 for a big bike and the remainder in interest – and had paid them nothing. Earlier a court confirmed that they were entitled to the sum.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-expat-shooting-target-arrested-for-murder-of-girlfriend-in-denmark-46738.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-09

Right guys...the money is most important in this ...dont care about the German tourists or the dead Danish woman.......

The Aussies were fined for shooting the german's and the case is closed. I believe it is business as usual for them in Thailand. As for the girlfriend I hope this guy gets the full brunt of the law.

• Like 1

Interesting to note that the two children who were present during the murder had two different fathers, neither of which was this guy and that they were returned to their respective fathers. Sounds like there are many victims in this story. I hope the children aren't being placed in another unstable environment. It'll be a miracle if they reach adulthood without a load of baggage.

Sounds like a Danish quality tourist with a tendency to find trouble. Yeah, weird calculus that is but the military had said to start cracking down on loan sharks. Let s see.

So all in all we have two wounded Germans and his gf killed with her kids present. A pity the Aussies missed.

"...but the military had said to start cracking down on loan sharks."

"On January 22, 2013, Knudsen was allegedly shot at..."

Presumably even if that is a goal of the military it wouldn't prevent things happening a year and a half ago.

I cannot figure out if I’m schizophrenic. When I get flashbacks, my thoughts are violent, and I do not know where I am. Sometimes I have to open the door and look out to see where I am.

http://ekstrabladet.dk/112/article2301729.ece

That he would agree to pay 1 million baht for a Baht 380,000 loan doesn't seem so surprising after reading his comments. That the Aussies thought his risk profile put him in the 160% interest rate category doesn't seem so amazing either. Hard to believe a bank wasn't eager to lend him some money.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

Just another dick borrowing money and getting credit with no intention to pay, its a shame the aussies missed him.

Pity they were not "Roo" shooters..............one shot to the head every time. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

And shooting someone who owes you money gets you your money back by??

Wouldn't it make more sense to take the bike back?

Two people try to murder someone and shoot two bystanders and they're fined? Not put in jail, not deported but fined? W-T-F

Edited by Guitar God
  • Like 1

And shooting someone who owes you money gets you your money back by??

Wouldn't it make more sense to take the bike back?

Two people try to murder someone and shoot two bystanders and they're fined? Not put in jail, not deported but fined? W-T-F

That's justice, or rather lack of it, Phuket style - if you can pay.

If they did this shooting anywhere else in Thailand, they would be in gaol right now, and for a long time.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes out of the enquiry into this extremely lite sentence.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

interest towards a loan of 380,000 THB reaching the astounding sum of 620,000 THB ?? I would have made a runner, too !

The real trick is not to borrow money you can't afford to repay...

The real trick is not to lend money to anyone here, even if you think they can afford to repay. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

What is worst is the Court agreed with it !

If you take a loan of 380.000 THB and pay the maximum legal interest rate of 28% (effective), but do not do any repayments, after 2 years you will end up with 622.592,00 THB (initial sum plus interest accrued), and every court in Thailand will agree with that.

• Like 1

..boomerang bullets
should have hit the target AND gone back to the shooters?

Sounds like a Danish quality tourist with a tendency to find trouble. Yeah, weird calculus that is but the military had said to start cracking down on loan sharks. Let s see.

So all in all we have two wounded Germans and his gf killed with her kids present. A pity the Aussies missed.

After their arrest, Cohen and Shea said Knudsen owed them a million baht – B380,000 for a big bike and the remainder in interest – and had paid them nothing. Earlier a court confirmed that they were entitled to the sum.

620,000 baht for "interest", The shooters were entitled by a court for that sum, that makes my day. Of course it wasn't about some drugs as well.

Could anybody please confirm, if the two Aussie Tattoo dushbags are still in the Phuket biker/tattoo scene?

As far as I remember, they didn't even get deported, right?

The Danish freak should rot in hell, together with the tattoo freaks.The Dane for killing his girlfriend in front of two kids and the Aussies for human stupidity

. And they're allowed to take their mopeds with them.

Finest Quality Tourists-facepalm.gif

Edited by sirchai

Right guys...the money is most important in this ...dont care about the German tourists or the dead Danish woman.......

Right on....and if they had succeeded in shooting him in Phuket his girlfriend maybe would be alive today. Amazing how everything in the Universe is relative to everything else. What is it they say.......A butterfly flaps it's wings on one side of the world today and it causes a hurricane on the other side sometime later

Edited by dotpoom

I just completely confused

So he shot at the dan missed hit a couple of Germans then the victim went home killed his bird and the court ruled that he owed the Aussies money

This is a big circle of random confusion

Maybe it's a biker gang law thing

Something I am not supposed to understand

Or maybe I read it wrong and need to sober up

.Listen guys this Thailand, you all know the score, barring the newbies, what's the big deal ??? Shit like this happens multiple times every day. Just a regular day in thailand .

With a corrupt bib and everyone else from a school janitor down what the hell do you expect.