5feet 90lb. construction workers

choochoo

Often used as counter-weight, essential !

Havnt you ever noticed that unless the girls are really slim etc and look good they cant get a job in stores etc so those that are over weight, or have other problems are kept out of the main public view in the storeroom back office or have to go work in construction etc,

Its the same with age, you'll rarely see a woman over 40 working in a store, yet all the cleaners are 40+

Just an observation.

Edited by CharlieH

You think those girls are thai ?

Good point. But Thai women have traditionally worked manual labor in construction. I've seen crews of them leveling dirt and working concrete. I've seen them working on road crews doing the same thing.

I don't know the reason, but it isn't a new thing.

They work constuction because they may not be educated, come from another poorer country and most importantly have dark skin. I have many times seen the crews passing by on the way to a building site, all with the blue long sleeve shirts... many fit slim young long haired beauties dark beauties among them.

I dont get thIs thread.

Females actually do have the ability to work in construction in case this is all new to you, in fact theres female tradesman all over the world doing as good a job as any man.

To assume they must be from poor uneducated backgrounds is really a dumb assumption.

Seems you guys think they should be in the kitchen fixing you sandwiches.

• Like 2

I dont get thIs thread.

Females actually do have the ability to work in construction in case this is all new to you, in fact theres female tradesman all over the world doing as good a job as any man.

To assume they must be from poor uneducated backgrounds is really a dumb assumption.

Well, all the women I have seen everyday, piling into pick ups, are labourers mostly, the odd one does rendering cement, I think "tradesmen" here in Thailand is a far stretch. Not saying they dont exist, just not the "norm"

Elsewhere around the world , possibly, but they would be very much a minority.

12% in construction "trades" 1% in manual "trades" in the Uk according to a recent article, as an example.

Of the women working on my own property, they were mostly the wives of the guys, and they were labouring for them.

This thread, is not about if they should or shouldnt, its merely commenting that they do, and the possible reasons behind it. Thats my interpretation anyway.

Edited by CharlieH

When you are working construction ... I matters not your gender.

Particularly if you are driving poles for a foundation.

For those who have not seen this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB2uHnztADU&feature=kp

I do like the guy with the Tamborine creating the rhythm ... thumbsup.gif

OH ... notice how quickly that went in ... Bangkok Mud ... some construction foundation poles are 15 meters deep ... w00t.gif

• Like 2

At the Farm we gets lots of labourers who come to catch the fish.

Be it man or woman ... you get in and get it done ...

P4180442LR_zpsb82c80ac.jpg

Says the lady hauling the fish net.

Plus, 2 of them in the pond are ladies ... all with BIG SMILES ... biggrin.png

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

There's a 5 story apartment block being built next door. All the permanent workers are Mon. As many women as men. The strange thing is, all the men are very skinny, one woman is a wraith, all the other women are fat, some very very fat.

There's a 5 story apartment block being built next door. All the permanent workers are Mon. As many women as men. The strange thing is, all the men are very skinny, one woman is a wraith, all the other women are fat, some very very fat.

Considering the physical nature of the work, I would have thought 'fat' women would have been unusual.

You think those girls are thai ?

Good point. But Thai women have traditionally worked manual labor in construction. I've seen crews of them leveling dirt and working concrete. I've seen them working on road crews doing the same thing.

I don't know the reason, but it isn't a new thing.

Probably Burmese.

krisb, on 09 Jun 2014 - 12:54, said:

Actually, I think this would be the ultimate goal for many of these women. Just imagine sitting around the house fixing some sandwiches and beers for the husband, instead of manually handling cement/sand bags all day long.

krisb, on 09 Jun 2014 - 12:54, said:

Actually, I think this would be the ultimate goal for many of these women. Just imagine sitting around the house fixing some sandwiches and beers for the husband, instead of manually handling cement/sand bags all day long.

I'd happily give up construction work to stay home, look after the baby, cook, clean, get beer.

Considering the physical nature of the work, I would have thought 'fat' women would have been unusual.

That's why I said "strange". When I say "fat" I mean obese.

They love singing too....often the women will break out in song while they work. It's quite nice.

They work constuction because they may not be educated, come from another poorer country and most importantly have dark skin. I have many times seen the crews passing by on the way to a building site, all with the blue long sleeve shirts... many fit slim young long haired beauties dark beauties among them.

Never seen a beauty construction worker. Beauties have so many other opptions-me thinks.

Construction workers look like so many of the girls farang dudes marry.............lol.