Awaiting the wet season … a slow start?

Mugdha+Singh+Monsoon.jpg

Just checking to see where it’s raining.

Where you wish it was raining.

What you have delayed, awaiting the start.

I know in the greater Bangkok area, it’s been dry, the canal at the back of the Farm is dry, so we can’t use the boat.

How is it up (or down) your way?

We have been getting an hour of good rain every evening for the past 4 days. (40 km SE of Suratthani town)
Just in time as the river, pond and both wells were dry.
We now have a river again, pond is on the way up and can pump the wells at last :)

Did have a mini tornado come through between the houses yesterday.. One of my white cockerels did a Malaysian aircraft impression and went past me at Mach 2 with the wind ! He did return though :)
  • Like 2

Darkside is still pretty dry. Out among the market gardens and farms it's very dusty and many of the roads are still coated with the mud and detritus from the storms of a couple of weeks ago. Haven't felt that crisp freshness that usually follows a good rain for quite a while.
  • Like 1

Hot and dry in Jomtien.  Little 5-10 minute shower every other day.  Nothing to get excited about.

In upper Thailand (central to North and Northeast) the actual rainy season is July-October, and the start of it is marked the Wan Khao Pansa - the Buddhist lent, when men go into the monkhood for a short time, etc.

It rains before July and it usually rains after mid-October but that's the actual "official" rainy season. This year the start of lent and the rain season is July 11-12.

Edited by wandasloan
  • Like 2

Hot and dry in Jomtien.  Little 5-10 minute shower every other day.  Nothing to get excited about.

In upper Thailand (central to North and Northeast) the actual rainy season is July-October, and the start of it is marked the Wan Khao Pansa - the Buddhist lent, when men go into the monkhood for a short time, etc.

It rains before July and it usually rains after mid-October but that's the actual "official" rainy season. This year the start of lent and the rain season is July 11-12.

Good Post Wanda, thanks

Here in Lopburi  we have had some rain,ok for us ,was going to cut some grss for silage,it said rain but none came forth,allthough it did say 60  percent chance of rain, hope to  cut it tomorrow.

,Maize near here looks well had its fertilizer on( some used 46-0-0,on maize),but 15 km from me ,still yet to drill any maize ,not enough  rain,a lot of sugr cain dos not look to good ,needs some rain.

• Like 1

This time last year. The stream behind the house, was in the house. Which is about 15' above the banks. So far it's a trickle. and I'm in the wettest province.

Mate, I remeber that ... some amazing photos.

and I'm glad that your Farm survived that deluge.

Been raining in NBL and Udon since the beginning of May. Usually the monsoon starts in the north and moves south. If it is slow about getting to you, look out in September.

Have ran out of likes ... thanks for the comment.

I live in southern Nakhon Sawan Province and the rain has just been perfect for planting.  All of the sugar cane that needed to be planted this year and the corn has been planted and has sprouted nicely.  It has been raining everyday in the early evening and has been just right.

• Like 1

It's strange,here i Petchabun,i live in the south of the province,we had a lot of storms from the end of march through to midmay,in the last ten days it seems to have dried up,had a brief downpour the other night,but that's about it,i checked on weather underground and the rest of this week they are saying 80% chance of rain,i have been checking the clouds,and they seem to be the right type for storms,the towering cumunimbulus type,but yesterday as evening came they drifted off,the heat has gone down a little yesterday 36c,an improvement on the long run of days 38c and above,so i would say here at least it has not really started,good thread by the way David.

• Like 1

Hello All, the past month and a half have been the wettest I've seen in the past

14 years I've lived in the Muang area of Korat.

A few weeks back, the moat at the corner on Hwy. 224 was close to the top as

so much water was coming into it and the drainage cannel at the corner couldn't

handel the out flow.

The back yard a few minuets ago, we've had lots of water.

rice555 

• Like 1

No rain for long time in Yasothon / Loengnoktha.....rubber trees looking very sad....the rest of the garden.....uhm....what garden....

Yes Josh; it has been like that for months,  On sunday we had the rocket festival in Kutchum and it looks like those rockets worked the way they are supposed too. Good soaking rain for about two hours yesterday and a little more overnight.

• Like 1

Haven't had any significant rain yet on our paddy field here in Prachinburi.Rice is coming up very patchy.Needs water very soon.

I'm in UK for a while yet,so only know from the photos and reports from my girlfriend.Rice was only being grown as her Dad wanted to give it a go.though he hasn't done rice for over 20 years.No plans for us to continue in the future.

• Like 2

Whew! Just glad the hot season is fading away. In Nakhon Nayok we had sporadic rain in May, but June has brought more frequent rain & cooler temperatures. The weather forecast on my mobile shows rain for every day this week, but the report for the current day is usually revised to cloudy. Most showers have been strong but of short duration.

Let it rain!!

• Like 1