'anti-red' Miss Universe Thailand concedes crown

webfact

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a kind reminder

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) Do not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban. This rule also applies to links to external websites.

Forum rules: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Miss Thailand Universe abdicates after internet calls her ‘too fat’ to be beautiful
By Coconuts Bangkok

9june_0.jpg?itok=eaVpErD1

BANGKOK: -- After being harshly criticized online as being undeserving of the crown, Waluree “Fai” Disayabut decided to resign from her duty as Miss Thailand today.

In a press conference this afternoon with the Miss Universe Thailand committee, the 22-year-old claimed it was her decision to give up the crown after being subjected to insults and abuse which have affected her family emotionally.

"It is my own decision to resign," Fai said. "I don't regret it at all. At first, my family was happy that I won, but when society did not agree, all of our happiness was gone. My mother cannot sleep, and I can't either."

Last month, Fai was heavily criticised on the Internet as many Thais felt she was “too fat” to represent the country in the Miss Universe competition.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/06/09/miss-thailand-universe-abdicates-after-internet-calls-her-too-fat-be-beautiful

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-06-09

It might be an idea NOT to publish 'related' subject on TV

As a matter of self censorship.

TV is about visa and visa related subject's like

Farming

Marriage

Tourism

Experts-Expats and more..........

lets stay away from any sensitive subject.

Farming

Marriage

Tourism

All of us shgould be stopped from discussing politics and openly accusing someone in politics of being corrupt, or a murderer, that includes me, it should be stopped forthwith. We have no rights to vote, and are we any different to what the silly girly said

• Like 1

Urgent: Miss Universe Thailand 2014 relinquishes crown

BANGKOK: -- Miss Universe Thailand 2014 Weluree Ditsayabut Monday relinquished her crown following social media storm against her.

The organiser made Pimbongkod "Ellie" Chankaew, the first runner-up, the new Miss Universe Thailand 2014.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-09

• Like 1

The feeling on Thai websites was that the contest was fixed. Apparently her father was a

big sponsor of the pageant . It was clear to the Thais present at the contest that Ellie should have

won. That is why everyone was astonished and booed when this girl won. The red shirt

thing was a side issue that came up later.....

• Like 2

She gave her open and honest opinion about how she feels about Thailand. Why should she kow down to people that do not like her views? This is the problem now, no one can have a different thought apart from the herder of the flock............not all people are sheep. If I were her I would have kept the title and said F U to the rest of them.

You mean similar to the Army general.

The lady got what she deserved, If i gave my honest and open view about things on here, i would be banned for life. One has to keep one,s gob shut if one is in public. She was a stupid little girly

Yes I agree, she was a tad stupid, however her comments were bang on the button ... and at least her comments opened the eyes of this one blind Farang.... Now, does anyone have her phone number ?w00t.gif

• Like 1

You mean similar to the Army general.

The lady got what she deserved, If i gave my honest and open view about things on here, i would be banned for life. One has to keep one,s gob shut if one is in public. She was a stupid little girly

Looking back at your last 20 posts i think your very lucky to be still posting on here. if it was Thaksins country you wouldn't be!!

Another trolling post from a self-confessed thai housewife.

Looking at your 650 posts it's you, who should be banned, for putting name of ts in every post you make. Never mind waisting your own time, but you are waisting time of many who might still read your posts

Farming

Marriage

Tourism

All of us shgould be stopped from discussing politics and openly accusing someone in politics of being corrupt, or a murderer, that includes me, it should be stopped forthwith. We have no rights to vote, and are we any different to what the silly girly said

Spot on. We all have different views of the world, but some of the veiws expressed here are way over the top and mostly based on supposition. If legal action were to be taken against some of the garbage spouted here, the person making the comments would not have a leg to stand on. No names mentioned.

• Like 1