Why Thais that can speak English not want talk with farang?

Sandman77

Experienced it many times...me talking thai ...thai person talking english....to each other. Whenever i found their english was good i quickly changed conversing into english.....if it wasnt i just blethered on in thai......quite funny....the longer i did that they never wavered...they kept speaking limited english...

About interrupting a conversation and start talking with somebody else...its just disrespectful no matter where one comes from.

no its not
Now now...a 3 word response from you....it beats at least...lol...or...nonsense.....you will get there 1 day...

i was there before you left primary school pal. you MAY learn more in time

Where were you and when ?

I really want to learn from you. Therefore please write a future response with more words. Explanation !

when i am talking to my wife in either english or thai,if another thai come's along she just drop's me in mid conversation,and speaks to them,it is rude and infuriates me,we have had a few arguments about this,well mainly me yelling at her,about it,i really do not like it.

She does that because she places Thais over and above you in terms of importance.

That's a clear lack of respect that, the longer you leave unresolved, will grow into a cancer that destroys your marriage.

My wife frequently does that to me. Right in the middle of a conversation she will drop what we are saying, speak Thai with whoever other Thai person and I am left standing there like a spare one at a wedding.

The part I find most annoying is that my wife always continues our conversation again after she`s finished with the Thai, which means I have to talk with her again, and having been stuck with her for over 30 years means your comment that breaking our conversation will destroy the marriage is total rubbish, unfortunately.

You must have put a lot of money in her name to endure this sort of treatment.

Give this ago, every time she does it, reduce her wages by 1,000bht a month.

• Like 1

when i am talking to my wife in either english or thai,if another thai come's along she just drop's me in mid conversation,and speaks to them,it is rude and infuriates me,we have had a few arguments about this,well mainly me yelling at her,about it,i really do not like it.

She does that because she places Thais over and above you in terms of importance.

That's a clear lack of respect that, the longer you leave unresolved, will grow into a cancer that destroys your marriage.

My wife frequently does that to me. Right in the middle of a conversation she will drop what we are saying, speak Thai with whoever other Thai person and I am left standing there like a spare one at a wedding.

The part I find most annoying is that my wife always continues our conversation again after she`s finished with the Thai, which means I have to talk with her again, and having been stuck with her for over 30 years means your comment that breaking our conversation will destroy the marriage is total rubbish, unfortunately.

You must have put a lot of money in her name to endure this sort of treatment.

Give this ago, every time she does it, reduce her wages by 1,000bht a month.

and she'll reduce her housework by an equal amount

Maybe the only thing she can say in English is "is there someone who can speak Thai that I can talk to"

Or talking specifically about the package... Maybe she wanted to talk about more technical details of what was needed to clear customs ... E.g. About whether customs registration has been done previously or to discuss about the Thai translation of goods for filling out customs documents or to confirm directions for delivery and wanted to check with a Thai speaker to ensure no misunderstanding... Or to see if there was a Thai speaker, whose mobile number could be given to the driver for delivery (not many English speaking truck drivers)

There are many reasons why a Thai person living and working in Thailand would prefer to speak Thai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That may because you're too terrified of losing her (or the stuff you've bought her) to even dream of pulling her up on it.

In Marko's case, he says he's had arguments with her about her behaviour and she hasn't changed. That shows she doesn't give a fig about his feelings and that's because she doesn't respect him.

It's usually guys who are in financially-based unions that have provided at least a house for a Thai spouse that typically encounter this kind of disrespect.

• Like 1

That may because you're too terrified of losing her (or the stuff you've bought her) to even dream of pulling her up on it.

In Marko's case, he says he's had arguments with her about her behaviour and she hasn't changed. That shows she doesn't give a fig about his feelings and that's because she doesn't respect him.

It's usually guys who are in financially-based unions that have provided at least a house for a Thai spouse that typically encounter this kind of disrespect.

Cypress, i don't think she does not respect me,i have a feeling it is maybe a western thing,the last time she did it i blew up big time,the other Thai's scarpered,terrified at someone losing their 'jai yen' like that, i must admit she has been better since then,but we all have our fault's and she is so good in every other way,that i can forgive her for this,even if it annoy's me now and again,after all marriage is about compromise,not one person lording over another.

Cypress, i don't think she does not respect me,i have a feeling it is maybe a western thing,the last time she did it i blew up big time,the other Thai's scarpered,terrified at someone losing their 'jai yen' like that, i must admit she has been better since then,but we all have our fault's and she is so good in every other way,that i can forgive her for this,even if it annoy's me now and again,after all marriage is about compromise,not one person lording over another.

You are in Thailand.

In Thailand marriage is her serving you.

She knows that, but apparently you don't.

If she had any respect for you, at all, she wouldn't listen to any other person when you were talking with her.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

dont listen to him. in case you havent noticed, thais will do that to each other as well. everyone talks at once and folks join and leave a conversation willy nilly. its got nothing to do with a lack of respect. just another farang judging others by the way it was "back home"

are you speaking from experience or just talking out you're a%se?