How About You?

tuky

It seems there is a bit of interest in staying off the booze for a couple of weeks.

Does anyone want to join me in making a committment?

If so, how long?

I know it is no problem for a lot of you folks, but out of interest lets give it a 7 day trial yeah?

If you are interested in this let me know. I need all the help I can get and if a bunch of you will give me 7 days support I will be forever thankful.

Cheers

tuky

Might be a bit tricky at the moment for some Tuky, World Cup being on and all. But good luck anyways! :o

BTW, I see you trying to give up the cigs at the same time. Wouldn't if I was you, one step at a time mate and if you aint drinking you'll need some kind of vice. I done the booze first, and will be doing the ciggies next.

Thanks mate.

I forget about the soccer, seeing as I have no interest in it, Aussie rules footy for me anything else is an imitation.

But I am not going to give up on this. I really want to get my sh1t together and I hope others do to as I need some help.

But I am not going to give up on this. I really want to get my sh1t together and I hope others do to as I need some help.

I sincerely hope you don't, and you'll get many false starts but don't give it up. If you wanna stop and fall off the wagon, then get the <deleted> back on it!

Since this year I think I have finally learned to control my drinking and it feels great. I mean really ######ing great as well, problems that I drunk away have been resolved with a sober mind easily, I dont feel guilty or weak now if I do have a few beers, my health has improved, my heads clearer and sharper, and thats just to name a few benefits.

I think its important to remember just because you are giving up drinking heavily, it doesn't mean you have to give up totally. I certainly enjoy the odd drink a lot more now than I used to when I was on the drinking heavily, and that control over alchohol has been very, very hard earned but I appreciate it so much. I've had one slip this year but it was easily passed and I don't expect to have another anytime soon.

For a very long time, it seemed impossible, I'd get a certain amount of days under my belt and then the slip, followed next day by the depression, the shame of not being in charge of myself and whatever other shit it brought to my life, and it brought a lot. You gotta keep sticking with it though, and dont give up til you have that control.

I spose what I want to say to everyone on here that is trying to cut down/stop is that its well worth it, and thats something you are all going to understand when you can go a month without even caring about not having a beer. I don't know if its self respect but whatever the <deleted> it is, it's a prize worth having. :o

Tuky if you're trying to give up smoking and drinking at the same time.... good luck but I think it will drive you mad... :o try just stopping the booze first, in my opinion its much easier.

After 3 years of drinking everyday, upto 4 bottles per day..yeah I know some of you will laugh at that amount but so what ? it was enough to get me very drunk..

Anyway I've stoped drinking for 4 days now and feel much better allready, hardly any craving at all

:D Unlike giving up cigarettes where the craving was intense for 2 weeks but then gradually reduced.

Might help if you take up a new interest/hobby/challenge/sport or something to keep your mind occupied.

Tuky if you're trying to give up smoking and drinking at the same time.... good luck but I think it will drive you mad... :o try just stopping the booze first, in my opinion its much easier.
Since I gave up smoking, I drink all the day long.

Since I gave up smoking, I drink all the day long.

Definitely the booze has priority. It is far more disruptive to your life...even more so mentally than physically. when you have detoxed and feel a bit more comfortable, you can try to drop the cigs. Relapsing back to cigs is far less problematic.

Chok Dee :D

It seems there is a bit of interest in staying off the booze for a couple of weeks.

If so, how long?

I know it is no problem for a lot of you folks, but out of interest lets give it a 7 day trial yeah?

If you are interested in this let me know. I need all the help I can get and if a bunch of you will give me 7 days support I will be forever thankful.

Cheers

tuky

When I read this post, and another one that you wrote concerning your "problem", I began thinking that full abstention from drinking is not necessarily the only solution.

Choose the middle ground. Not one extreme or the other. Instead of hard liquor, just drink a bottle of wine. At most you will get only 4 glasses from a typical bottle. And there should not be a need to do this everyday. Supposedly red wine is good for the body. And a full bottle will help you sleep!

I think that one needs to control their drinking, and merely know when to say enough is enough. I have not had anything to drink since last Thursday night (a record for me!), but I will definetely drink again.

Anyhow, good luck with your plan.

If so, how long?

Cheers

tuky

Go for it!! Make a decision, make it your priority, stay away from bars and 'friends' you drink with and if you fall off the wagon, try again until you get your 7 days. Good luck!

The 30th is the day mate. I had hoped for it to be sooner, but there is a bunch of us that are going to give it a go from the 30th.

I am ready now, but I have been given an excuse to continue so I have :o

Anyway, the 30th is the big day,.

Tuky, after a disastrous and shameful, potentially harmful (but not, as it turns out) night last friday, I´m packing it in, though not entirely, though. I am not longer going to remain in the rut of waking up, spending my day getting drunk, going to bed.

It has hereby been stated. All I can say is I´m gonna give it my best, and try to get productive again.

edit:

BTW, thanks to those who had the balls to put this forum up. I smiled when I saw it last week, I´ll admit, but I have a feeling I may be visiting rather a lot more often, and actually post some more serious posts for a change.

Thank you.

Edited by kayo

BTW, thanks to those who had the balls to put this forum up. I smiled when I saw it last week, I´ll admit, but I have a feeling I may be visiting rather a lot more often, and actually post some more serious posts for a change.

Thank you.

Nice post kayo... it is a serious topic and we're all here to help each other.

:o

Nice post kayo... it is a serious topic and we're all here to help each other.

:o

Serious indeed,

But I would suggest try to keep posting in the funny- mode, humour is the best remedy for nearly all problems :D