Thais, Chinese arrested for selling weapons using Internet

webfact

Thais, Chinese arrested for selling weapons using Internet
By Digital Content

14023872253143.jpg

BANGKOK, June 10 -- Thai police arrested two Chinese men for selling weapons following the discovery of machine guns and other military weapons in Thailand's eastern province of Chon Buri last week.

Pol Gen Watcharaphon Prasanratchakit, acting chief of the Royal Thai Police said today that the cache of illegal weapons discovered on June 3 in Nong Ree subdistrict in Chon Buri's provincial seat, belonged to two Chinese men already arrested by immigration police on June 2.

The weapons consisted of shotguns, rifles, M79 grenades and various calibers.

The police continuing investigation and captured three men, one Thai and one Chinese in the northern province of Phitsanolok and a Thai man in the northeastern province of Ubon Ratchathani. The Thai men sold weapons to the Chinese men who later sold them to their clients in China online.

According to Gen Watcharaphon, the weapons selling gang, most of whom are Chinese and Thais, have been hiding in Thailand for over a year.

The senior police officer said most of the weapons were licensed but some have smuggled across Thailand's borders. He said they are not associated with politics. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-06-10

• Like 1

There are no valuable antiques there, but I'd love to have that M-1 Carbine that's second from the top (second down from the other non rifle items.)

At the very bottom is a really nice Remington 1100 12 gauge shotgun with nice, checkered walnut. That was never a military item.

• Like 2

Im not an expert but does it look like they should be in a museum ?

Ancient, maybe. They shoot, they kill ... full stop

Correct. I see a couple of Mausers there that would be in 30-06 caliber. They are so good that guys in the US still buy them and sporterize them by putting a stock on them that's more modern. They are excellent for deer, bear, elk, moose, etc. hunting.

30-06 ("thirty-aught-six" or "30-06 Springfield) was the standard US military cartridge from 1906 until 1970 and stood the test of time.

• Like 2

Just because they're old doesn't mean there's no market for them

Recently there was this on the internet.

'Italian Army WW2 Combat Rifles For Sale. Good Condition. Only Dropped Once.'

And there was this on the internet.

'Italian Army WW2 Army Tanks For Sale. Good Condition. Only work in reverse gear' lol !!

• Like 2

Just because they're old doesn't mean there's no market for them

Recently there was this on the internet.

'Italian Army WW2 Combat Rifles For Sale. Good Condition. Only Dropped Once.'

LOL

What Thailand needs is their own NRA, I look forward to the time that people can assert the right to walk through the shopping malls with automatic rifles strapped to their backs and carrying side arms. Nothing would make me feel safer.

• Like 1

"Thais, Chinese arrested for selling weapons using Internet"

So there you have it, from Dubai to China and from China to Redshirt land to Bangkok ONLY Bangkok...

What other proof do you need?

• Like 1

What Thailand needs is their own NRA, I look forward to the time that people can assert the right to walk through the shopping malls with automatic rifles strapped to their backs and carrying side arms. Nothing would make me feel safer.

Then you would be no safer then walking down the main street of Peshawar!!

NO country deserves an NRA. Even the USofA would be better off without those gun-slinger nutbags.