Revealed: Asian slave labour producing prawns for supermarkets in US, UK

Jonathan Fairfield

The junta have just set up a panel to look at foreign labour issues. It would be good if they used their power to stamp out slavery but there's too much profit in it for entrenched interests (including the military) so nothing will be done, except the usual lip service.

Don't buy anything from CP. 7Eleven also belong to CP. I personally avoid to buy anything from CP.

Sent from my 6560 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So does Macro

On the subject of MACRO and Fish.....

Noticed only yesterday that MACRO Hang Dong is flogging off Large Packs of SHARK FIN. I thought that most Civilized Countries had placed a BAN on Shark Fin.

I have no love of sharks but I do NOT agree with the Barbaric way, in which Shark Fin is harvested and the poor creature is tossed back in the water to die in agony. SHAME on you MACRO!!!!

I'm just wondering if I should be very happy that sanctions are rightly brought to bear regarding this.

There is not much happiness outside the subjugated media these days is there.

What's next to be happy about. The financial junta board. Already looking into the shareholdings of DTAC for speaking the truth,,,,, all those companys holding land can't be far off a visit. FBA 2 last time round certainly was after them all.

I'm happy that the streets are deserted and I can drive home late at night and to work in the morning.... are all the bangkok thais as happy to be shutting up shop and going home to praise their new leaders? Up to them.... innit

Noone in Thailand can avoid buying from CP. Impossible. Chicken, pork, seafoods, any 7-11, agro products, TRUE telecom, cable, Tesco, Makro...and the list goes on. Each person in Thailand touches a product of CP everyday. Unavoidable.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Noone in Thailand can avoid buying from CP. Impossible. Chicken, pork, seafoods, any 7-11, agro products, TRUE telecom, cable, Tesco, Makro...and the list goes on. Each person in Thailand touches a product of CP everyday. Unavoidable.

Don't mistake "very difficult" with "unavoidable" - they are not the same thing.

Don't mistake "very difficult" with "unavoidable" - they are not the same thing.

I wish it were very difficult. But it is unavoidable.

Pretty much everything in Thailand has some inkling of participation from the CP trading group. Even if you don't buy CP farmed eggs, chances are the feed from the other brands were supplied by CP. Even distribution chains of products that CP doesn't manufacture were probably owned by CP. Just shopping at Tesco or watching a game at a bar contributes to CP's coffers. Taxis or limos you take might be leased by TRUE leasing, owned by CP.

Edited by tomyummer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pretty much everything in Thailand has some inkling of participation from the CP trading group. Even if you don't buy CP farmed eggs, chances are the feed from the other brands were supplied by CP.

I don't eat eggs, and I don't shop at any of those other places you listed. So far, I am on the right track.

Pretty much everything in Thailand has some inkling of participation from the CP trading group. Even if you don't buy CP farmed eggs, chances are the feed from the other brands were supplied by CP.

I don't eat eggs, and I don't shop at any of those other places you listed. So far, I am on the right track.

If you eat vegetables, I bet the farmer used some fertilizer purchased by CP? The clothing you buy uses cotton thread grown in Cambodia which used the same organic fertizer created by CP.

Okay, reaching a bit there, but I'm sure there are some degrees of separation between you and CP goods.

If not, good on you.