Curfew completely lifted in 17 provinces, partially in 3 other provinces

george

NCPO lifts curfew in 20 more provinces, excluding Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order Tuesday night lifted curfew in 20 more provinces.

But the curfew in Bangkok stays.

The provinces included Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Rayong, Chantaburi, Nakhon Phanom, Sakon Nakhon, Roi Et, Loei, Surin, Tak, Sukhothai, Mae Hong Son, Uttaradit, Phrae, Nan, Trang and Satun.

Moreover, the NCPO lifted curfew in Songkhla’s Sadao, Muang districts as well as some districts in Phetchaburi and Trat provinces including Koh Gud.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-10

• Like 1

Curfew lifted in 20 provinces

BANGKOK: -- Claiming that the situation has eased satisfactorily, the National Council for Peace and Order Tuesday night announced the lifting of curfew in another 20 provinces with immediate effect.

The 20 provinces where curfew was to be lifted are: Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Phanom, Sakhon Nakhon, Roi-et, Loei, Surin, Tak, Sukhothai, Mae Hong Son, Uttradit, Phrae, Nan, Trang and Satun.

Khao Yoi, Nong Ya Plong, Tha Yang, Ban Lat, Ban Laem, Kaeng Krachan and Muang districts of Petchaburi; Klong Yai, Khao Saming, Bo Rai, Laem Ngob, Koh Kood and Muang districts of Trat; Sadao and Muang districts of Songkhla.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-10

• Like 1

Sweet now I really don't have to worry about seeing the army driving home at midnight. Not that I have seen them in Kanchanburi seems more of a myth but good news to hear.

you dont have to worry about seeing anyone in kan after midnight most people are tucked up in bed before that

and excluding Udon Thani, again... What are they waiting for? Unlike in the beginning of the martial law, when the soldiers where conscious, the only thing the soldiers have been doing the last 5 days or so is sitting, eating, talking and laughing, when they`re not sleeping. I haven`t heard about a single sign of a threat or any reason why the Army should be present at all. I know what happened in 2010 and that there were protests last year, but now it`s really nothing. Most reds up here seems to be satisfied with the situation for the time being. Correct me if you disagree.

As long as Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai are not included it is going to solidify the vote during the next election. The people up there are going to remember that the curfew lasted longer than in the south. They are going to vote even more as a block. They need to build unity by removing the curfew nationwide now.

• Like 1

As long as Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai are not included it is going to solidify the vote during the next election. The people up there are going to remember that the curfew lasted longer than in the south. They are going to vote even more as a block. They need to build unity by removing the curfew nationwide now.

that's all they're going to remember? that and a lot more I think.

• Like 1

Why not Phetchabun,unless I missed something.

In my living years there has been gun fights between communist rebels in provinces like Petchaboon, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, and possible some more that I do not remember. Some provinces shown by history, causes more problems than other provinces. Therefore it does make some sense. Also remember, that Phayao used to be a part of Chiang Rai.

When home, I wake up around 4AM normally as gives me a chance to do some things online before kids are awake but can also adjust easier to a few hour shift when on Holidays.

Today I happen to be sitting in Udon Thani with an 11 day vacation planned and today is about making the long drive to Kanchanaburi. My family already agreed would sleep in the car and we'd leave whenever I wake up. We're packed, car oil is full, and ready to go.

I wake 12:00AM on the dot because am excited for the trip. But damn it, I have to wait 4 hours to leave

Good job and salutations to the Thai Military! I support the efforts to bring peace, democracy and prosperity to the people of Thailand.

And to punish the people whose views you don't share, and don't like.

Let them stay under house arrest at night. Free elections!! Whatever next??

Good job and salutations to the Thai Military! I support the efforts to bring peace, democracy and prosperity to the people of Thailand.

And to punish the people whose views you don't share, and don't like.

Let them stay under house arrest at night. Free elections!! Whatever next??

The curfew was not a "punishment". Nor what is a flexing of military muscle. It was/is intended to keep the hotheads apart and restore some peace. Simple. Effective. Fair. Flexible. Something clearly had to be done to prevent public clashes and mitigate the incessant pot-stirring such as the above (most of which, thankfully, seems to be confined at this point to foreign diehards here on TV...).

• Like 2