Curfew completely lifted in 17 provinces, partially in 3 other provinces

george

Fantastic! Great news about the curfew.

Not lifted in Khon Kaen - long may it reign.

Then everyone can sleep at night without all the cretins playing heavy bass until 4.00 am EVERY NIGHT!

Conversely not good news for me as Rayong has been included in the list.

Ah well, back to the cretins around here playing heavy bass until 4.00 am every night no doubtsad.png

I am told that Chiang Mai residents are seething with anger that the curfew hasn't been lifted yet and that Red areas appear to be being 'punished' The military should be careful that this resentment doesn't boil over.

As long as Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai are not included it is going to solidify the vote during the next election. The people up there are going to remember that the curfew lasted longer than in the south. They are going to vote even more as a block. They need to build unity by removing the curfew nationwide now.

The purpose of the Reconciliation is for the Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai folks to be reparatively adjusted to the Bangkok Elites ideology...a Happy Elite depends on the poor being Happy with less. And if there is another landslide vote, then they'll just be another coup. The North must put the Elite's happiness first.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why not Phetchabun,unless I missed something.

In my living years there has been gun fights between communist rebels in provinces like Petchaboon, Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai, and possible some more that I do not remember. Some provinces shown by history, causes more problems than other provinces. Therefore it does make some sense. Also remember, that Phayao used to be a part of Chiang Rai.

Gun fights in Chiangmai? Chiang rai and then you woke and realized..........................

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As long as Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai are not included it is going to solidify the vote during the next election. The people up there are going to remember that the curfew lasted longer than in the south. They are going to vote even more as a block. They need to build unity by removing the curfew nationwide now.

The purpose of the Reconciliation is for the Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai folks to be reparatively adjusted to the Bangkok Elites ideology...a Happy Elite depends on the poor being Happy with less. And if there is another landslide vote, then they'll just be another coup. The North must put the Elite's happiness first.

&lt;deleted&gt;! This why there is discontent when the propaganda spewing false ideology folks like (possibly) yourself keep the divisions going. Try another thought (if you can) now that things are going in a peaceful direction. Have you watched the local news and how many arsenals of weapons have been found. Dubai was gettin ready to rock and roll and thank the stars it has been thwarted.

Quite right.

Once you understand that, life can move on.

Only a few more to go. When is it Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai s turn?

I always wonder where posters get their knowledge from... Only a few to go......... Jeez, Thailand has 76 provinces, so more than 50 left, which is 2.5 times the number of lifted provinces, hardly to be called "A few".

Forget about CM and CR, as well as UT, KK, they are the risk area, so they will be curfew-ed as long as necessary, and that is long I guess.

I don't mean to be negative about these 17-20 provinces, it's a very positive step, based on analyzing the local situation. Well done!

Based on what?????????? BURIRAM is quiet all along the riots and now the coup. Not a soldier here. Not a single soul showing they care about this. Just a quiet community somewhere far from it all.

So why is there still a curfew here? No sense in this all. i want to watch the WC 2014 together with my friends in the bar. not alone at home with my wife gddmn!

Edited by myluckythai

I am told that Chiang Mai residents are seething with anger that the curfew hasn't been lifted yet and that Red areas appear to be being 'punished' The military should be careful that this resentment doesn't boil over.

And then.. they are going to rebel and fight armed soldiers. The reds got themselves in this mess, or more clearly their Master has.

I am happy with the army, but I am also in a province under curfew. I would like it to be lifted but fat chance for now. But rather a curfew as bodies on the street or bombs set off by red terrorists. They have proven that killing children is not a problem. Cheered on stage about it. So I can see the armies POV.

I only see 4 Southern provinces having the curfew lifted - in total there are 14, so your post makes no sense