RS warns it might scrap live telecast if court rules in favour of NBTC

webfact

I would ban it world wide, the biggest waste of time and money ever,put all of it back to amateur status and make the overpaid ,cheating lot of them work for a living ! If they want to kick a bag of wind round a field let them do it in their own free time,at their own expense.Give the money to the poor who are striking and trying to raise awareness of the real problems in the world.

Have to disagree, people should have the choice to watch entertainment if they wish. TV stars, sports stars, Film stars get paid tonnes. If we banned all sports and all sorts of entertainment, the world would be dull.

I'd rather see people get paid and entertain others, than some rich oil business men and bankers bleed the world dry and get rich off that.

• Like 1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soccer is far away the biggest sport in the world and therefore everone in the world has a right to view this WC without having to pay for it.

Who do these thugs think they are?

Send in the army!!!!

Fullstop, on 11 Jun 2014 - 11:28, said:

Anyone who spends their time sitting on a sofa watching a bunch of grown men running around kicking a ball on TV...needs to get a life.

With having a life do you mean sitting on a barstool and buying lady drinks for the w****s?

Who cares. I am a cricket fan. Bring on the Cricket Word Cup

Maybe you should refrain from commenting on this issue, and please move over to the Cricket Forum?

wink.png

tongue.png

I'm trying to bring a bit of culture to this rabble

NCPO asks RS to air all World Cup matches on Channel 5, 7

6-10-2014-9-15-43-PM1-wpcf_728x396.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The National Council of Peace and Order (NCPO) has requested RS Plc to put on air all World Cup matches which is scheduled to kick off Friday.

The NCPO head Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha asked that the football matches be on air on the Army’s Channel 5 and 7 with reason of returning happiness to the Thai people.

RS executive was reported to have agreed to the request and the NCPO and RS might have a press conference on the matter today.

The returning of happiness move came as the Supreme Administrative Court is set to have a ruling Wednesday at 1.00 p.m. on whether all World Cup 2014 matches are required to be televised live across free TV channels.

RS International Broadcasting and Sport Management, the exclusive rights holder for the FIFA World Cup, is fighting a court case with the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) on whether it should allow live broadcast of the World Cup across all free TV channels.

Earlier, RS won the case in the Central Administrative Court and has decided to only televise 22 matches of the World Cup on free TV.

The rest of the matches had to be viewed through purchased set-top boxes.

However, the NBTC appealed against the court’s ruling by reasoning that all Thais must have a chance to watch the World Cup matches as they used to, citing its ‘Must-Have’ condition rule.

RS is also allowed to claim any monetary damages resulting from the “must-have” rule to protect their rights as the broadcast license holder.

However, RS affirmed that it would not do anything in violation of FIFA regulations and threatened to entirely stop broadcasting all matches on the World Cup if the Supreme Administrative Court ruled in favor of the NBTC.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ncpo-asks-rs-air-world-cup-matches-channel-5-7/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-06-11

OK boys just spotted this, a page couple of pages back.

Looks like we can call it a wrap, I think? You can all press which ever button takes your fancy, for me it's the Football one, played with the round ball. Not the egg shaped object that is picked up and run with that is Rugby Footegg shaped thing.

C'mon ENGLAND (team gb)

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

Maybe you should refrain from commenting on this issue, and please move over to the Cricket Forum?

wink.png

tongue.png

Is there a more boring sport than cricket? 5 days for one game!!

So where is court decision .announced at 1pm. "Update" court rules against free world cup matches on tv. Bad day for the country but shows now how it is totally 100% a business

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kingalfred

Is there a more boring sport than cricket? 5 days for one game!!

In the technological age some people have problems concentrating more than an hour or 2.

I'm as sick as a parrot.

Last week I forked out 8,500 baht for 2 PSI boxes and a RS Sunbox ( to watch the football in bed) plus an extra dish on the front of the house.

Now it looks like they will be expensive "door stops".

I'd like to watch through the internet but we are screwed 'cos TOT can only give us 3 MB.

Hi ,

Think yourself lucky , T O T are giving me 1 MG by way of a usb modem . I cannot connect to their aerial mast which is only 3 klm from my place in Prasat because of tall trees .. Also no phone lines available

Anyone know of any alternatives ?

Is the world cup really such a big deal here ? Of the ~50-100 Thais I know, only one follows football.

Really? I find quite the opposite. Many Thai guys I know and see, love talking about. Girls, another matter. But that's the same as in any country.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is that another threat to a court ?

No, it is the right of a company which bought all rights for this cup.

But go to onlinetvrecorder.com and you can have everything for free

wink.png

tongue.png

Well, the Cricket tea time (or tea break) is kind of culture I guess.

coffee1.gifbiggrin.png

By the way, did you know Cricket is one of the extremely few sports it is impossible to learn by just watching it.

Back to football.

:)

these RS media tycoons should be condemned, charged and join the 'corrupt' Dr. Thaksin in exile... as of late the new speak from Thailand is the stuff that just cannot be written. time to pull another rabbit from that magic hat ! ploy to allow coverage and applaud the powers that be.

It is the Happiness of The Thai people that is more important than other.

Also, we do not want Farang to tell us what to watch.

Western sport only corrupt innocent Thai mind.

So, please give free Sepak Takraw match for all Thai. Please Khun Army.