Shock defeat of majority leader Eric Cantor by Tea Party sends shockwaves through Republican Party

webfact

People who believe the Tea Party is a 'fringe' group have no idea who the typical Tea Party member is and are just regurgitating hate filled propaganda formulated by the wacko media team a places like MSNBC...

Agreed. There has been a serious attempt to marginalize them in the same way that they have done with Fox News and they have been very successful at it. Having most of the mainstream media supporting their efforts almost guarantees success, no matter how nonsensical the characterization.

But pointing out the blinding truth also works.

• Like 1

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never understood the fascination so many conservative Americans have with Teabagging , or whatever it is they call their movement.

The entire philosophy seems to be focused on obstructionism and not in the spirit of compromise that our Nation was founded on.

I have spoken to many of these teabaggers (?) and they are all so angry about everything. There is not a topic they are not pissed off about.

The "Tea Party" is a political movement known for advocating a reduction in the U.S. national debt and federal budget deficit. They tend to act on social issues such as abortion, gun control, prayer in schools, and illegal immigration. All are noble causes.

"Obstructionism"??? I think not. The Tea Party are patriots who are rightfully concerned about Obama, and his band of looney liberal leftist that are doing everything possible to ruin America. "You can't be right if you're left."

You ever hear what happened to the Patriot, Ton Coburn? He was essentially a poster child of the TP movement who made one fatal error, he attempted to compromise on a piece of legislation.

http://www.newsweek.com/tom-coburn-tea-party-turncoat-68375

I have never understood the fascination so many conservative Americans have with Teabagging , or whatever it is they call their movement.

The entire philosophy seems to be focused on obstructionism and not in the spirit of compromise that our Nation was founded on.

I have spoken to many of these teabaggers (?) and they are all so angry about everything. There is not a topic they are not pissed off about.

The "Tea Party" is a political movement known for advocating a reduction in the U.S. national debt and federal budget deficit. They tend to act on social issues such as abortion, gun control, prayer in schools, and illegal immigration. All are noble causes.

"Obstructionism"??? I think not. The Tea Party are patriots who are rightfully concerned about Obama, and his band of looney liberal leftist that are doing everything possible to ruin America. "You can't be right if you're left."

You ever hear what happened to the Patriot, Ton Coburn? He was essentially a poster child of the TP movement who made one fatal error, he attempted to compromise on a piece of legislation.

Maybe he shouldn't have attempted to compromise on such a serous issue.

They tend to act on social issues such as abortion, gun control, prayer in schools, and illegal immigration. All are noble causes.

In the minds of some indoctrinated God botherer maybe.

Why don't you give it up? The election is over and your side lost. Are you running for election or something? tongue.png

Tea Party supporters tend to be single issue voters. If they are adamant about reducing government, debt and deficits, the Tea Party is the only place they can look. Same with illegal immigration. Libertarians tend to support the Tea Party but they are pro-abortion, for legalizing pot and some other drugs, and some of the other things on the list.

Repubs and dems are OK with abortion and increasingly with pot, so it's not the worry. I can't understand why you don't see it, and see why Cantor got his butt kicked. He was pro-big government, pro-Wall Street, a DC insider, and a big spender. He needed to be outta here.

Edited by NeverSure

Maybe he shouldn't have attempted to compromise on such a serous issue.

Are you having fun with me? Because you just made my point. Tea Partiers refuse compromise and punish those within their movement when they do compromise, and all it takes is once for even a leader of the movement, a red blooded Patriot, to be banished.

I am not anti-TP anymore than I am anti-OWS. Each of these movements is a reaction to a failed political system and these disenfranchised voters are gaining momentum. I am all for it; however, I think its valuable for these groups to atleast have an honest view of their strengths and shortcomings.

They tend to act on social issues such as abortion, gun control, prayer in schools, and illegal immigration. All are noble causes.

In the minds of some indoctrinated God botherers maybe.

Why don't you give it up? The election is over and your side lost. Are you running for election or something? tongue.png

I'm sorry but you've lost me.

What election? What side?

In the minds of some indoctrinated God botherers maybe.

I'm sorry but you've lost me.

What election? What side?

Uh, the title of this thread is...

Shock defeat of majority leader Eric Cantor by Tea Party sends shockwaves through Republican Party

• Like 1

Obstructionist: One who "systematically" blocks a process.

Compromise: A settlement of differences in which each side makes concessions.

Please provide all the examples of the TP politicians who have compromised on legislation in a good faith effort because the TP members I have spoken to are rather proud of their position of blocking and stonewalling rather than compromising on the various issues someone listed previously in this thread. They have indicated to me that they would rather see no progress if their demands are not met.

Perhaps its just my region of the country or that I affiliate with the curmudgeon wing of the movement.

One can take any hot topic in politics and find that there is one or another party which won't compromise on it. Gay rights, women's rights, abortion, gun rights, on and on...

If every time someone took a firm stance on one of those issues he was an obstructionist rather than someone standing by his personally, strongly held beliefs, then everyone would be an obstructionist on something.

"Obstructionist" is a handy label for the loser to use against the winner.

• Like 2

You don't like people that are religious either? The above mentioned topics are noble causes for any concerned citizen with a little common sense.

They're all noble causes. It's their point of view that matters.

You don't like people that are religious either? The above mentioned topics are noble causes for any concerned citizen with a little common sense.

Yes, like I stated before, "you can't be right if you're left," lol.

I don't like people who force their religious beliefs on others. That has nothing to do with respecting peoples' religious beliefs.

Prayer doesn't belong in school, it belongs at home if parents wish to indoctrinate their kids; they have no right to try and indoctrinate others.

Abortion is a woman's choice; it's her body.

Gun Control has little to do with religion..

Illegal immigration isn't a religious issue either (or it shouldn't be!).

Two of the above causes are primarily religious issues; the other two are open to debate.

I don't think there's a particularly 'left' point of view on any of these matters.

I don't think there's a particularly 'left' point of view on any of these matters.

Where have you been? The left and right are deeply divided on abortion, gun control, prayer in schools, and illegal immigration.

I would not vote for Dr Ben Carsons, because he does not have any political experience. I would not vote for Palin, because she is too far right for me and because she quit her job in Alaska as Governor, but I really admire Condi Rice and her sex and race are not the main reasons why.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2