Advice On Beachfront Condo

piet pompies

If you are thinking about VT, a would strongly recommenation that the walk around VT1 to give an indication of what your purchase is likely to look like in 10 years time. I used to live there as a renter. There is no way I would buy a unit there

Very true, it's a slum...."Cell Block 8"

If you are thinking about VT, a would strongly recommenation that the walk around VT1 to give an indication of what your purchase is likely to look like in 10 years time. I used to live there as a renter. There is no way I would buy a unit there

Very true, it's a slum...."Cell Block 8"

I haven't been in that building for some years but don't like what I see from the outside. Now, at VT 5 (new on Dongtan Beach) there are Kitchens and washing lines on balconies. I know some of you strongly disagree with me about these things but there is no doubt that they make a place look slummy.

It just needs a few slummy looking hi-rise buildings to bring down the look and values of an area. Perhaps we should all get together with Jomthien Complex folks and all go to City Hall?

Totally different buildings and am suprised they featured in the same post. Northpoint (and Northshore) are Grade A, Luxury. VT6 is just a shell. It depends what's high on his list of priorities I suppose. Quiet, luxury, close to Soi 6 :o

VT6 (and Northshore for that matter) isn't absolute beachfront anyway - it's got a dirty great road infront of it. You'll also be able to hear your neighbours take a dump in VT6 - which isn't really desirable. You'll also have to fit it out afterwards if you want it to any decent standard.

If you've got the money and your going to buy something anyway, go for Northpoint (not Northshore) before the price goes up again and before they run out of foreign ownership. If you're as tight as an otter's pocket, then join the common herd in yet another View Talay Condo! Good luck.

As we are so far off topic.. Thanks for letting me know that I live in a slum! VT1. I wasnt aware until you snobs pointed that out. I've been living here quite happily for a year now and have no desire to move anywhere else. Dreadful that I have to share with poor folk who do their own laundry though!

Maybe I should really move to a gulag housing estate instead.

I am looking to buy absolute beachfront seaview condo on Pattaya Beach. Have looked at Northshore and have been offered View Talay 6. I need advice, the price difference is 100,000sq/m on Northshore and 65,000 on VT6. Is the the VT construction group reputable? The building will be completed in 2008. How are the other residences they built?

Does anyone have an idea on Markland as a place or other buildings?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Don't know much about the Northshore, seems quite nice looking at the pics. View Talay has a long track record in Pattaya. I'm buying in View Talay 7. Units at View Talay are not mcuh more than a shell and the buyer must do the build-out, but at North shore it's basically a no hassle turn-key unit. This explains some of the price differential. Doing your own build-out has it plusses and minuses. I would feel cramped trying to fit 2 bedrooms in a little over a 100 sqm (Northshore). My unit at View Talay will be a 1 bedroom and 140 sqm.

Checked out the Markland several years ago and even then it was starting to show it's age.

:o

That’s very simple to understand;

VIEW TALAY and VIEW TALAY Executive Condo's etc.

are 2 different companies and owners.

• VIEW TALAY the ugly and cheap looking and for low budgets build once are build by a Chinese Thai developer
  • VIEW TALAY VILLAS
  • View TALAY Executive Condos I, II, III, IV, V, VI
  • Majestic Residence
  • and the mega tower (91 story) project OCEAN1TOWER

are developed by the German business tycoon Bruno ######.

View Talay Residence buildings (7 floors) are real nice, but the big buildings (20 odd floors)

are horrible. highrise slums.

Cannot understand this company's marketing strategy. They should not

have used the same brand name for all their projects, as they are so different.

Be very careful with the ownership thing, it's all up in the air at the moment. :D

Naka.

:o

That’s very simple to understand;

VIEW TALAY and VIEW TALAY Executive Condo's etc.

are 2 different companies and owners.

VIEW TALAY the ugly and cheap looking and for low budgets build once are build by a Chinese Thai developer

[*]VIEW TALAY VILLAS

[*]View TALAY Executive Condos I, II, III, IV, V, VI

[*]Majestic Residence

[*]and the mega tower (91 story) project OCEAN1TOWER

are developed by the German business tycoon Bruno ######.

Just call me picky but I had no desire to walk down long dark hallways that reminded me of a cheap hotel or a boarding house with padlocks on the outside of the doors. I also thought about fire and no way to get out as well as the electricity going off and the elevators not working. How about lack of parking? I hope the area never has even a minor earthquake because I'd bet more high rises would be on the ground than still standing. I'll take a low rise development anytime, thank you. Never forget where you are at.

Just call me picky but I had no desire to walk down long dark hallways that reminded me of a cheap hotel or a boarding house with padlocks on the outside of the doors. I also thought about fire and no way to get out as well as the electricity going off and the elevators not working. How about lack of parking? I hope the area never has even a minor earthquake because I'd bet more high rises would be on the ground than still standing. I'll take a low rise development anytime, thank you. Never forget where you are at.

JR Texas to Gary A: For those who are crazy enough to buy a condo now, here is one to avoid: Tientong Condo off Soi 7. It is old and ready to collapse. It is full of some of the worst farangs in Thailand. It is the abode of a few deranged farangs that think they are clones of Donald Trump. Way too many people living there are genuinely crazy......one thinks he is one of Jesus' disciples reincarnated! Two others, a German and a Norwegian, are convinced that the swimming pool (perpetually dirty) is only for them and try hard to pick fights with guests. It has water and electrical problems and the elevators/lifts are an accident waiting to happen. And, if you believe in ghosts (and I don't), many Thais will tell you that there are a few that stay in the condo, especially around the pool area (ghosts of farangs that have committed suicide there). The good news is that the people running it are really nice. The bad news is what is surrounding them.