webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

army want thai want happy happy together why farang no understand it

Well most farangs DO understand that very much it is just some are sad farangs who hate to see others having happy lives. I am sure as with all cultures you have sad Thais like that too. I am a retired and happy farang living here in Thailand and feeling a lot happier and safer since the peaceful bloodless and necessary coup.

Sure we return to democracy when and only when Thailandis truly ready and not listen to stupid USA and their Western puppet states as they are ignorant of the truth here. So let's be happier and enjoy life knowing that we are indeed it clearly seems climbing to a better place ready for an eventual return to true and fair democracy. At least that is my hopes for Thailand which I now consider my home too.

Big trouble with the sick West these days is taking life too seriously and selfishness by the fat cat pond life leaving the masses poor and unable to be happy, sadly that happens here in LOS too.

So I am with you brother lets all try and be happier as we really do live in a fantastic and beautiful world. I honestly fully support what this military Government is doing so far, just what was needed here to try to cure the recent sad sickness here.

Finally, I can see someone properly understand why western world is "unhappy " about changes in Thailand. I would like to see more like Thai general type in western countries to fix their own "democracy"problems but somehow nobody wants to see it ....

I have spent 6 month here in Thailand learning their language and I feel more freedom here then anywhere else before. If Thai's help general ...I am sure it will be even better for them now on.

There is no perfect country in this world and early criticism doesn't help anyone. It does not matter what happen in the future ...it is important that finally someone is doing steps to unite own people. That is most important for any country.

Those who hate it must have not good intentions towards this country as is Thailand.

WOW! a whole 6 months. You must know everything by now. clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

I really don't think that anything is settled. People are just sitting quiet, either through fear or just waiting to see what will happen in the long run.

If the General can be neutral, although he appears to be drifting away from that, as he has said that he has been talking with the chief trouble maker come shit stirrer Suthep, then he will get through it ok. but if the 'elected' government side feel cheated then things could get bad again. coffee1.gif

Who wants things back to normal? I certainly don't... I would like for the new changes to stick. I would like for all the things the military is working on to be solutions to the problems. Please don't tell me I'm dreaming, because it all begins with attitude. Thailand was once a great place with friendly people. The General wants what's best for Thailand and if more stood behind him and took the effort to make some attitude changes Thailand could be a more pleasant place. Personally I have great respect for what he is doing. It appears that he has accomplished more in 3-weeks then the past gov. Officials. If more people like him were to be in the leadership role I think Thailand has a good chance of turning things around.

I would however like to see the military clean- up Sukumvhit Road where all the weapons and sex toys are on display. The image is in very poor taste and embarrasses me every time I see it.

• Like 1

Well most farangs DO understand that very much it is just some are sad farangs who hate to see others having happy lives. I am sure as with all cultures you have sad Thais like that too. I am a retired and happy farang living here in Thailand and feeling a lot happier and safer since the peaceful bloodless and necessary coup.

Sure we return to democracy when and only when Thailandis truly ready and not listen to stupid USA and their Western puppet states as they are ignorant of the truth here. So let's be happier and enjoy life knowing that we are indeed it clearly seems climbing to a better place ready for an eventual return to true and fair democracy. At least that is my hopes for Thailand which I now consider my home too.

Big trouble with the sick West these days is taking life too seriously and selfishness by the fat cat pond life leaving the masses poor and unable to be happy, sadly that happens here in LOS too.

So I am with you brother lets all try and be happier as we really do live in a fantastic and beautiful world. I honestly fully support what this military Government is doing so far, just what was needed here to try to cure the recent sad sickness here.

Finally, I can see someone properly understand why western world is "unhappy " about changes in Thailand. I would like to see more like Thai general type in western countries to fix their own "democracy"problems but somehow nobody wants to see it ....

I have spent 6 month here in Thailand learning their language and I feel more freedom here then anywhere else before. If Thai's help general ...I am sure it will be even better for them now on.

There is no perfect country in this world and early criticism doesn't help anyone. It does not matter what happen in the future ...it is important that finally someone is doing steps to unite own people. That is most important for any country.

Those who hate it must have not good intentions towards this country as is Thailand.

Totally unnecessary to flame him like that !!! Some folk can learn more in 6 months here than others in a lifetime. I just loathe this terrible need to flame folk like that, we should be encouraging new folk to contribute to our TV Forum. As I said how about some positive stuff and yes some happy feelings too.

Edited by rayw
  • Like 1

6 months could be the new record among expats here clap2.gifclap2.gif

I was speaking to a couple of neighbours about the whole happiness thing. He said if they remove all the dollops of tax Yingluck's regime whacked on alcohol and tobacco in anticipation of raking it in during the WC, they'd make a lot more people happier....

• Like 1

I was speaking to a couple of neighbours about the whole happiness thing. He said if they remove all the dollops of tax Yingluck's regime whacked on alcohol and tobacco in anticipation of raking it in during the WC, they'd make a lot more people happier....

Since the number of the snouts in the trough is slowly diminishing (A miracle by itself, anywhere in the world), tax cuts might be possible in the future. Axe half of the public sector jobs and party's on.

Damned... it really is Miracle Thailand cheesy.gif

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

When will "they" unblock the dailymail online ?

I look at the Daily Mail on my Android tablet and it was never down.

Oh NO! Someone just had to let the cat out of the bag. It will be now!

Back to trying to set up the b*****y VPN.

In the last two weeks I have heard just three ambulance sirens at night in my neighbourhood, a drop from one to three a night. If you think 'rolling' with the death and aguish that comes with it is OK, you might want to think again, if thinking is something you can actually do.

Roads deaths will be on the rise again once the curfew is lifted. Would be a good idea for the army to be on the streets with the police to stop the crazed drunk drivers. After all it should be the job of the police but...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Way to rain on everyone's "Happiness" Chicken George. The sky is not falling. Roll with it. Wear a helmet.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Against all odds Thailand recovers quickly from all recent catastrophes and setbacks. SARS, bird flu, political unrest, a tsunami, coup d’état 2006, airport takeovers, 100 people murdered in the capital during the political violence of 2010, and a crazed madman whipping the masses into a frenzy this year which ultimately resulted in the military stepping in. Once the curfew is lifted the tourist will come back. This will be in spite of the TAT mismanagement and made up numbers from other ministries.

At least in the west no one likes to be controlled and most wish to have an option to stay up past midnight. Once those controls are removed tourism will stabilize and the perception everything is "OK" will prevail. The lifting of the curfew will actually do what our new military leaders want, to bring happiness and prosperity to all Thais. The fly in the ointment will be those pesky travel warnings.

You've got the date wrong. The "crazed madman" episode was back in 2010, bankrolled and orchestrated by a power hungry lunatic from overseas.

...and from which by the way, Thailand has still not fully recovered if you were to talk with many Westerners... some of whom I know who opted to holiday in Cambodia this past year instead of Thailand, exclusively due to the visuals seen on the news at that time and still left branded into their memory banks. Nice work Reds... painting a picture of Bangkok to look like Beruit.

Yes, Thailand has put itself in quicksand by their own pompous and ignorant hands. It's gonna be a while, if ever it sees the sunshine the way it used to prior to all this horsesh*t.

Gen Prayuth hints at possible lifting of nationwide curfew

BANGKOK, 13 June 2014 (NNT) – The chief of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) General Prayuth Chan-ocha hinted at the possibility that the nationwide curfew could be lifted as soon as tonight.

General Prayuth has briefly mentioned to press members earlier today that an announcement concerning the status of the curfew will be made later.

On Thursday, First Army Region Commander Teerachai Nakwanich sent a letter to General Prayuth urging him to lift the curfew as reports of political conflicts and violence in most areas have been dwindling and the situation has nearly returned to normal.

On Tuesday, the NCPO completely lifted the curfew in 17 provinces and partially in another three provinces. Some of these provinces include Kanchanaburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Roi Et, Loei, Tak, Sukhothai, and Mae Hong Son.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-13 footer_n.gif

Against all odds Thailand recovers quickly from all recent catastrophes and setbacks. SARS, bird flu, political unrest, a tsunami, coup d’état 2006, airport takeovers, 100 people murdered in the capital during the political violence of 2010, and a crazed madman whipping the masses into a frenzy this year which ultimately resulted in the military stepping in.

Re the "crazed madman" bit, the Economist recently made the interesting point that one of the most destructive consequences of his actions will be the effect on the Democrat Party itself.

Their top echelons, including their 'Eton and Oxford' leader, are, it is claimed, essentially asking, "How did it come to this? Why did we let it happen?"

Due to the actions of one of their own they will almost certainly never again hold power through free and fair elections. The party's choices are either to act as placemen in an appointed assembly or try and re-invent themselves and start again. Their decades old legacy has been destroyed on the streets in a mere six months by one of their former top leaders. True irony.

• Like 1

It's a sad life if 'ideal happiness' is watching the World Cup!

How incredibly obtuse and boorish of you. It is not the fact that it is football, per se. World Cup is an occasion of planetary notoriety and is characterized by much festivity, along with the nuclear sporting event. It is the high spirits of the happening that are of significance here. I am not a football follower either but I know how to enjoy a good party- And there are plenty of very ok people who are way into the game.
  • Like 1

Several foreign websites still blocked here on my TOT line. When will the censorship be over ?

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Against all odds Thailand recovers quickly from all recent catastrophes and setbacks. SARS, bird flu, political unrest, a tsunami, coup d’état 2006, airport takeovers, 100 people murdered in the capital during the political violence of 2010, and a crazed madman whipping the masses into a frenzy this year which ultimately resulted in the military stepping in.

Re the "crazed madman" bit, the Economist recently made the interesting point that one of the most destructive consequences of his actions will be the effect on the Democrat Party itself.

Their top echelons, including their 'Eton and Oxford' leader, are, it is claimed, essentially asking, "How did it come to this? Why did we let it happen?"

Due to the actions of one of their own they will almost certainly never again hold power through free and fair elections. The party's choices are either to act as placemen in an appointed assembly or try and re-invent themselves and start again. Their decades old legacy has been destroyed on the streets in a mere six months by one of their former top leaders. True irony.

So says you.

Edited by yeeowww

This is baffling why they would lift curfew for soccer. Watching soccer is like watching paint dry.

At leat the US Open golf is on

It's called football.

And calling football boring while praising golf is hilarious. Watching golf is like watching paint after it has dried.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

This is baffling why they would lift curfew for soccer. Watching soccer is like watching paint dry.

It's called football.

And calling football boring while praising golf is hilarious. Watching golf is like watching paint after it has dried.

No it isn't. Football includes a number of rather more challenging activities; eg Rugby or Aussie Rules.

The kick-about game played in the World Cup is Association Football or 'soccer' for short.

• Like 1

It's called football.

No it isn't. Football includes a number of rather more challenging activities; eg Rugby or Aussie Rules.

The kick-about game played in the World Cup is Association Football or 'soccer' for short.

I have played three forms of football in my life. Football, rugby union and Gaelic football. They are all football and always will be. The s word is not the name of the game I follow. It is football, always has been football and always will be football. I can cope with other forms of the game being called football by those who follow it and see no reason why the game I follow is not given the same courtesy. Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

It's called football.

Did somebody praise watching golf? Or is that a straw man?

It's called football.

Did somebody praise watching golf? Or is that a straw man?

The last line of the OP would appear to praise golf, why include it otherwise?

Happiness and love can't be forced. It seems they have learnt nothing from the past.

Even if we give the army the good faith (which I don't believe because it has not shown to be real neutral) I doubt this is the way to solve any problem.

There is not even a single country amongst the happiest in the world and/or the most prosper which has achieved its goals by strong men or authoritarian governments, instead all third /fourth world most desperate countries have histories similar to Thailand with coups, conflicts, strong men, new flamant Constitutions (Haiti had more than 20 "democratic constitutions for example) etc.

I hope this will be an exception, really, I am not against anybody , i just judge the facts and try to learn from the past.

I wish good luck to the junta if its intentions are genuine.

Edited by max72

It's called football.

I have played three forms of football in my life. Football, rugby union and Gaelic football. They are all football and always will be. The s word is not the name of the game I follow. It is football, always has been football and always will be football. I can cope with other forms of the game being called football by those who follow it and see no reason why the game I follow is not given the same courtesy.

Touche. No disrespect intended to you or the game.

But sometime people just mean different things. An English friend who migrated to Australia was always bending my ear about 'football', but he meant a game I'd never seen.

Another time we had a quiz question, 'What game is covered by Harvard Rules?'. Since no-one else knew the answer I wrote 'Football' taking 'American' for granted since the question said 'Harvard'; we didn't get the point and lost the round. Also, apologies for forgetting the great Gaelic game.

Anyhow, I sincerely hope you enjoy the matches; sadly I'll not be putting any money on England.

Edited by Cthulhu
  • Like 1

When the curfew is lifted the tourists and Thais can party more. Means more money spending, no tourists restriction. Tourism will be back to normal values in no time. Business as usual. Not bad for less than three weeks junta.

Anyone remember how things were about a month ago?

Tourists will be back to normal in no time? What planet are you on? Thailand's image out there is about as low as it's ever been. The only way tourism recovers is if that image improves and it won't whilst men in green uniforms are running the place.

Yes, let's go back to bombings and shootings on the streets, mass protests and transport mafias ripping tourists off, that's going to attract more visitors... not.

people like yourself are never happy.

You can always go home or drink oleander tea