BREAKING: Thailand's curfew lifted countywide immedeately

george

BREAKING: Thailand's curfew lifted countywide with immediate effect.

post-128-0-22095000-1402669167_thumb.png

BANGKOK, June 13 (Reuters) - Thailand's military government lifted a curfew nationwide on Friday, citing the absence of any violence and the need to support the country's tourism sector.

"As the situation has improved and there have been no incidents that can lead to violence ... and in order to improve tourism, the curfew will be lifted in all remaining provinces," the ruling military council said in a televised announcement.

The curfew had been in place from midnight to 4 a.m. in 47 provinces including the capital Bangkok. It had lifted the curfew in 30 provinces, which include the country's main tourist hotspots, over the past week.

tvn.png
-- 2014-06-13

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai junta lifts post-coup curfew

BANGKOK, June 13, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's junta said Friday that it was lifting a night-time curfew across the country, three weeks after seizing power in a military coup.

The midnight-4am curfew, imposed following the military takeover, had already been lifted in some provinces and major beach resorts.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-06-13

• Like 1

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order announced the lifting of curfew nationwide effective immediately tonight after the general situation of the country has eased and returned normal. It also said the lifting will help to boost tourism back to the country, and ease the daily life of the people.

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-13

NCPO lifts curfew nationwide
The Nation

30236243-01_big.jpg

NCPO chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha leaves the Army Club after he chaired a budget meeting Friday morning.

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order announced the lifting of curfew nationwide Friday night with immediate effect.

The announcement said the there were no signs of violence in the areas the NCPO had imposed curfew so it decided to lift the curfew nationwide to alleviate effects on the people's daily life and on tourism.

The curfew lifting was announced in the 64th announcement issued at 9:30 pm.

The lifting of the curfew was announced immediately after the weekly TV programme of NCPO chief Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Prayuth said during the TV public address that the NCPO was considering whether to lift the curfew in the rest of the country.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-13

Finally some good news. clap2.gif

Not finally.

It's been good news from the time the Army took over.

May be you remember the previous situation and cry.

Definitely, better days are coming..........

And peace and reconciliation to you too, brother. wai2.gif

• Like 2

Not exactly curfew related but I share your condemnation of this vote.

On the other hand Thailand has been going downhill for the last 2 years and accelerating down during the past 6 months but since the army has had to take over the economy is beginning to look up again.

Many rice farmers have been paid - finally - and all will be paid very soon. Retailers and tourism operators are starting to receive more customers. There is an air of confidence in the business sector so your (anti-coup) pessimism has very little credibility.

Aw nuts! That damned karaoke bar behind us will be going on late again. neus.gif

I feel your pain.

I'd swear that place is the Chiang Mai Province Home for the Criminally Tone-deaf....but at least they're happy.

Yes, the army has done a fantastic job. The country is free at last from corruption because the army have proved themselves to be very honest.. as they have always been in the past.

Not only have the army introduced whole transparency, but now all Thais are free to voice their political opinions and to speak out about anything they think that might be unfair or unjust. It's great that the army is helping the thai people.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Yes, the army has done a fantastic job. The country is free at last from corruption because the army have proved themselves to be very honest.. as they have always been in the past.

Not only have the army introduced whole transparency, but now all Thais are free to voice their political opinions and to speak out about anything they think that might be unfair or unjust. It's great that the army is helping the thai people.

I suppose you also believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas,street party's and free food.

Corruption is still a huge potential problem and there are many curtailments regarding freedom of speech.

Perhaps in the right direction by still a long ay to go.

Perfect timing if you are in charge and want the Thai people to support you........yet anbother good sensible move by the Army.......They should run in the next election they'd win by a landslide lol

• Like 1

I suppose you also believe in the tooth fairy and Father Christmas,street party's and free food.

Corruption is still a huge potential problem and there are many curtailments regarding freedom of speech.

You mean you don't believe in the Tooth Fairy...........You couldn't be more wrong I know because I met her, she works Soi 7/1bah.gifrolleyes.gif

I believe he was being sarcastic. Wasn't he?