Canadian cannabis producers set their sights high

webfact

The comment about going down to Colorado to get pot has been criticised at length already. i just want to add that Joshstiles' sense of geography is way off too. Colorado is is in the middle of the U.S.A., a long way from Canada. If you were to drive north from Colorado you would be pulled over by police in Wyoming just because of your funny license plate. The police and maybe their K-9 partners will make you wait while they check your DL and run a warrant check and ransack your car, too, with or without your permission and try to scare you into confessing to something. If they find any whiff of marijuana or paraphernalia or think you look stoned or suspicious they may take you in for further questioning. North of Wyoming, you run into Montana. There you deal with another state of mind. The cops will accuse you of smuggling buffalo into their state and try to get you plead guilty to a lessor charge of marijuana possession - just for wasting so much of their time. The Canadian border cops now might want to search inside your gas tank and spare tire for your hidden stash that they are sure you have - why else would you have gone to the U.S.?

I have not made this trip but I have heard these stories and I have been harassed by California border cops - 150 miles North of the Mexico border - and yelled at and searched for weapons - for the safety of the 5 or 6 armed cops and their dog - because the dog told them I had something in my car - like it was all my fault and the dog wouldn't lie. Son of a bitch chewed up my expensive cigar in the ash tray - it was awfull - tobacco everywhere. With police gaining more power all over the world there is attendant increase in the need to use their power by inflicting cruelty on people who are powerless.

And BTW it is a federal crime to move marijuana from one state to another - a felony - a one-year prison term - and police in any state, in any city, will be happy to charge you with this for the fun of it just to make you pay more money than you will make in a year to pay the lawyer to get you off.

And BTW2, the feds recently made a marijuana bust in Washington, where it is "legal", confiscating a ton of the stuff.

Federal cops often violate state laws in order to make arrests and destroy property where marijauna is present and state cops - in California, at least, continue to defy federal laws and destroy property and beat up legal medical marijuana patients and dealers.

The situation is a long long way from the image suggested by Joshstile..

I would have thought weed smokers that cross the border in to America would be more than welcome.

I heard somewhere that the US prison system is a big money making business, more people in prison means more money for the prison owners who ever they are.

Edited by rhythmworx

For years we could not do shit. The U.S. government would not let us legalize marijuana, afraid that Americans would come to buy it. But we were able to decriminalize possession of it.

This is a great move for everyone. We illegally export tons of B.C .pot to the U.S.

Many times I had to be arrested for pot my way of trying to make it legal, 40 years now and the government is listening.