Ibm Thinkpad 600

Gary A

I have an old IBM Thinkpad 600. The keypad has gone bad. It still works OK with a remote keyboard but that is a pain to deal with. I basically used it as a spare and to drag along with me when I went anywhere. I also have an even older Toshiba but it is VERY slow. Since I do use the laptop for downloading photos when I go anywhere the Thinkpad is much better than my antique Toshiba.

The question is if it would be even worthwhile to have a new keypad installed. Has anyone had this done? If it is not too expensive it may be worth the investment.

I have an old IBM Thinkpad 600. The keypad has gone bad. It still works OK with a remote keyboard but that is a pain to deal with. I basically used it as a spare and to drag along with me when I went anywhere. I also have an even older Toshiba but it is VERY slow. Since I do use the laptop for downloading photos when I go anywhere the Thinkpad is much better than my antique Toshiba.

The question is if it would be even worthwhile to have a new keypad installed. Has anyone had this done? If it is not too expensive it may be worth the investment.

It is possible a keypad to find in the Pantip Plaza (Coputer World) in Bangkok.

The estimated price will about be 1500-2000 Baht IMHO.