Who will win the 2014 World Cup

Maestro

not that strange a prediction. if refs are going to give pens as spurious as that one last night that cheat Suarez is going to get plenty even if he'll finish the tournament with cauliflower arse...

why didn't England take Ashley Young????

That's good 'ol FIFA - putting a weak ref with a record of giving penalties into a Brazil game. I sincerely hope that there are some decent refs for games with the likes of Suarez & Robben playing.

Isn't there some doubt about Suarez's fitness?

vaya Uruguay.

Brazilians have a racy old song that has a guy (on the prowl) saying something to a hot chick like; 'let's go way on down to Uruguay.'

LOL!........ I once drove from PA to Montevideo with my Brazilian gf but she never mentioned that! tongue.png

Oops, I completely lost my thread there and forgot to post what I was originally going to say. If I was a gambling man (but of course living in Thailand I never gamble now) I wouldn't bother with the four short odds teams but would go for a live outsider.

There is one who are playing good football, have a local advantage and are very attractively priced partly due to having a tough draw.... no, not Uruguay...... I'm talking about Chile. If they can make it out of their group they could give you a good for your money.

Enjoy, everyone. May the forza be with you!

Edited by bigbamboo

my fave team, Denmark, barely didn't make it to qualify, so I'm adopting debutantes Bosnia-Herzegovina - to at least make to the last 8.

In 1992, in my local Pub, the question came up who will win the EM; Gunnar the guy who only came for playing chess shouted behind his chessboard: Denmark!

Everybody was laughing and informed him that Denmark isn't even qualified... the rest is history.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I would say its Germanys turn again to win. Very simple reason. We win the world cup every 20 years

1954, 1974, 1990 ( 4 years early ) and now to get back on track: 2014 wink.png.

Just thought to bring this thread back up tongue.png

• Like 1