Thai men and their offspring - why do so many not care after a divorce?

Tmymaimee

Very relevant opening post and some interesting replies.

Just refreshed my summed up knowledge with my cleaver GF to hear her explanation

»Its all about money« she says and gives some typical examples:

Girl/lady/wife get pregnant and begin to complain about need for more money, that the father-to-be have to work harder and provide bla, bla, bla father-to-be get tired of his ladys complaints and just leave

A man considers a wife inventory or property, something he has bought

Man gets bored when wife/GF gets pregnant or having the baby, the man finds a gik, and wife/GF finds out and leaves

A young couple goes for example to BKK for work; she sends money from her salary back to her parents, he sends money from his salary back to his parents; she gets pregnant and tells him to work harder or work double time, as he now need to provide for his own family, the coming baby, as both she and probably also he shall continue to send money back to parents; arguing and split up

When finished, means finished in Thai; you move on and dont keep contact with an ex

The family keeping the baby/child pays, more often the moms family than the dads. Usually the parents or grand parents take care of the child whilst mom or dad needs to work and send money back

I often read Marios excellent replies about family matters and that today a Court may order child support of 3,000 baht/month plus half of school money.

An actual case from my GFs Isaan village: A young wife village married at 15, gave birth at 16 leaves husband; problems with in-laws living at husbands family house and shes also feeling not enough money or wealth coming her way marrying a social level up within the local community; takes baby child with her. Husbands family offers to keep the baby son and take care, but she or her family refuses. However, her family wants child support from husbands family; meeting at police station where it is stated that the family keeping the child pays for it; case closed

Whereyoustay asks good question when comparing with our Western culture and the given examples why is Thai or Asian culture so different?

However sanuk711 comes with a possible explanation for that: »And Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha) looked down at his newly born child, & said, this child will be a ball & chain to me, binding me to my wife. So he got on his horse and he rode off into the night leaving both his wife & child behind.«

Make me think of, how often a driver runs away after a traffic accident seems like the same when its domestic problems. Can it be an Asian way for easily solving a problem?

I use to keep in mind what a cleaver little Thai lady once told me after I witnessed some kind of exorcism ritual in a distant temple close to the Cambodian border: »Per, there are so much about Thailand you dont understand!«

Walking away is in general act of not willing to face, a.o, reality, live up to responsability or the truth. IMO this a female trait as well in Thailand.

You asked your gf but it would be more interesting to hear the side of thai men on this subject.

There are indeed many things foreigners, thais i guess too, dont understand about Thailand. After staying there long enough one sees WHAT it is. Figuring out WHY can become revealing.

Personally, of what i have seen, there must be more to it than slagg off thai men as irresponsible alcoholic selfish prigs who own the mothers of their children and refuse to pay childsupport.

• Like 1

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very relevant opening post and some interesting replies.

Just refreshed my summed up knowledge with my cleaver GF to hear her explanation

»Its all about money« she says and gives some typical examples:

Girl/lady/wife get pregnant and begin to complain about need for more money, that the father-to-be have to work harder and provide bla, bla, bla father-to-be get tired of his ladys complaints and just leave

A man considers a wife inventory or property, something he has bought

Man gets bored when wife/GF gets pregnant or having the baby, the man finds a gik, and wife/GF finds out and leaves

A young couple goes for example to BKK for work; she sends money from her salary back to her parents, he sends money from his salary back to his parents; she gets pregnant and tells him to work harder or work double time, as he now need to provide for his own family, the coming baby, as both she and probably also he shall continue to send money back to parents; arguing and split up

When finished, means finished in Thai; you move on and dont keep contact with an ex

The family keeping the baby/child pays, more often the moms family than the dads. Usually the parents or grand parents take care of the child whilst mom or dad needs to work and send money back

I often read Marios excellent replies about family matters and that today a Court may order child support of 3,000 baht/month plus half of school money.

An actual case from my GFs Isaan village: A young wife village married at 15, gave birth at 16 leaves husband; problems with in-laws living at husbands family house and shes also feeling not enough money or wealth coming her way marrying a social level up within the local community; takes baby child with her. Husbands family offers to keep the baby son and take care, but she or her family refuses. However, her family wants child support from husbands family; meeting at police station where it is stated that the family keeping the child pays for it; case closed

Whereyoustay asks good question when comparing with our Western culture and the given examples why is Thai or Asian culture so different?

However sanuk711 comes with a possible explanation for that: »And Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha) looked down at his newly born child, & said, this child will be a ball & chain to me, binding me to my wife. So he got on his horse and he rode off into the night leaving both his wife & child behind.«

Make me think of, how often a driver runs away after a traffic accident seems like the same when its domestic problems. Can it be an Asian way for easily solving a problem?

I use to keep in mind what a cleaver little Thai lady once told me after I witnessed some kind of exorcism ritual in a distant temple close to the Cambodian border: »Per, there are so much about Thailand you dont understand!«

Walking away is in general act of not willing to face, a.o, reality, live up to responsability or the truth. IMO this a female trait as well in Thailand.

You asked your gf but it would be more interesting to hear the side of thai men on this subject.

There are indeed many things foreigners, thais i guess too, dont understand about Thailand. After staying there long enough one sees WHAT it is. Figuring out WHY can become revealing.

Personally, of what i have seen, there must be more to it than slagg off thai men as irresponsible alcoholic selfish prigs who own the mothers of their children and refuse to pay childsupport.

Spot on – but seems from the examples like hasip/hasip who walks away, lady getting tired of man v.v. – would also like to hear the other side of the “story”; apart from the one example given with question of child support; there the girl was exposed as the difficult part, but the story may sound different when told by her?
One Thai friend, a law firm front office manager, told me about his previous marriage; he said to me: »You know, when a man need to sleep with seven pair of underwear it’s time to change the wife.« And so he did, around the age of 60, to a new 20-year old model, becoming wife number 7…
Another man I know, coming from Isaan, his wife had something going on and they split up; without revealing details, apart from she had been very bad and ripped him off financially; so he was in a sad mood and moved from village to begin a new life…
None of them told about eventually children “left behind” or age of ex wife…
My GF’s examples were Isaan-related, so I’m not generalizing. I do know quite a number of Thai men who takes very good care of their family with minor children – a few of them even have a gik or mia noi at the same time and wife knows – so can well be a question of financial capability; as my GF said: “It’s all about money...”
May be difficult to understand when looked at through Western spectacles…
It’s however a fact, that here are many self-supporting single moms with children.

I am foreign and my daughter is 5 her dad is Thai. We were together for 5 years before she was born, when my daughter was 2 years we broke up (because he was a lying cheat but that could be a foreigner or Thai man that does that) after that he has been to see her no more than 4 times since we broke up hes sent about 3000 baht in the past 3 years. He used to really be the best dad always helped with her and took her everywhere then one day just cut her off, I think its partly to do with his new girlfriend but i have never stopped him seeing her he just chooses not too, one day my daughter can decide for herself, I will never turn her against him no matter what I think of him. I dont have the answer to your question but i see this a lot it is very unfair on children i'd like to say its to do with culture but I think it is more the thai women get very jealous and just dont let them see their kids but anyways it is very sad

• Like 1

The women are maybe lacking education to use contraception, or are culturally inhibited from doing so. Until the women take more proactive roles in babymaking, the inequality will continue. And until the mothers, who are the main educators of their darling little sons, decide to teach them how to be more responsible, and not to continue the "little emperor" syndrome, change will be slow.

Or they want a baby and don't care if it has another parent.

Or they want a welfare check.

Once you are out of "middle-class" land, the father has no money to contribute anyway, so it doesn't matter if he sticks around.

(talking about the USA, not Thailand, but this thread is just a poor attempt at Thai bashing)

IMHO I believe that Thai men only have children to conquer and control as many women as they can. And by having children this is their own selfish way of exhibiting their manhood. BTW this only applies to all of the breeders out there. There are many Thai ment that do totaly love and cherish their children.

And it's evident in most SEA countries as well.

Just for the record, I am one of those who was used as a Pawn by my Western Wife, when I loved my kids Dearly. But I think that happens a lot more to guys who have more money then the average guy. Makes it easier to Barter Kids for more money.

Having said that, I am not sure which part of the West you are from, but from my Bird's Eyed View I have seen many Men in the West walk away from their children and responsibility to. I have also seen a Man in the West standing on a busy street corner holding a sign and begging his wife let him see his children. But then I have also seen a Young Thai Man, who had gotten his Thai Teen Girlfriend Pregnant and stuck around, became a Great Dad, and got married to his Girlfriend later.

So although I agree with you that there are differences here, I don't really think it is in the Men so much as it is in the different systems. For instance it is much easier for a Man in Thailand to walk away from his responsibility. Especially Financial Responsibility! Seldom if ever you hear of the Police or Courts hunting him down to make Child Support Payments here. Under those circumstances, there is a greater likelihood that the Girl's Family would thus not want anything to do with him. So all this makes it easier for him to just walk away.

On the other hand, in Canada for instance, if you have a child from a previous Girl Friend or Marriage, and think you can just walk away from that, "Forget It Bud!". They will hunt you down like a "Rabid Dog". both in and out of Canada. You may not get any Visitations Rights to even see your kids, as that is up to you to get alone fighting in Court with expensive lawyers, but you certainly will get all the Bills for free. Your wife has access to free Legal Council and the Police will come to your door and haul you away if you do not pay. So in Canada, at least, you are forced to take on this responsibility even if you don't want it. Probably the same in most other Civilized (if I can call it that) Countries.

Another difference, and although I don't have the official statistics, it seems to me that more Thai Teenage Girls get Pregnant here than in the West these days. I do know Thailand Teens Pregnancies are 10 times greater than Singapore Teens, which has the lowest rates in the world. So making the First Time Father Younger than the West to. So I also think it is much more difficult for a Man (Boy) to take a more serious outlook of being a Father when he is still in High School. Perhaps the Army after that.

Again, I don't have the Official Statistics and even if I did I am not sure I would believe them, but I think the big difference in unwanted Thai Teen Pregnancies has more to do with Sex Education, Woman's accepted role in Asian Culture, and less access to Birth Control. Western Teens are far ahead of there Thai Peers in this area. Where a Western Teenage Girl can visit any Doctor without fear of being found out, and get Birth Control Pill's at his Office or Clinic for free. Where a Teenaged Boy can get a Condom from any Bathroom at his High School. Maybe even Junior High School.

But I also remember a time in the West when Teen Pregnancy was also very high and higher than here. A time when a Teenage Girl who went to visit her Family Doctor to get Birth Control Pills, which was the only way she could get them, knowing he was forced by law to call her Parents if she was under 18 years old. Or her counterpart, a Teenaged Boy who went to the Pharmacy to buy a Condom, which was also the only place you could buy them back then, and he would be laughed out of the building as you needed to be at least 18 years old. Why? Who Knows? But also a time when many Teenaged Boys walked away from their responsibility and kids and perhaps like they do here.

So although I agree with you that there are differences here, I don't really think it is in the Men so much as it is in the different systems. For instance it is much easier for a Man in Thailand to walk away from his responsibility. Especially Financial Responsibility! Seldom if ever you hear of the Police or Courts hunting him down to make Child Support Payments here. Under those circumstances, there is a greater likelihood that the Girl's Family would thus not want anything to do with him. So all this makes it easier for him to just walk away.

On the other hand, in Canada for instance, if you have a child from a previous Girl Friend or Marriage, and think you can just walk away from that, "Forget It Bud!". They will hunt you down like a "Rabid Dog". both in and out of Canada. You may not get any Visitations Rights to even see your kids, as that is up to you to get alone fighting in Court with expensive lawyers, but you certainly will get all the Bills for free. Your wife has access to free Legal Council and the Police will come to your door and haul you away if you do not pay. So in Canada, at least, you are forced to take on this responsibility even if you don't want it. Probably the same in most other Civilized (if I can call it that) Countries.

If you have nothing at all in the USA or Canada, you can just walk away from your children.

What are the authorities gonna do? Deduct from your welfare check?

Do you actually understand how little most of the poor have?

As I said, only the middle class have to pay.

Again, I don't have the Official Statistics and even if I did I am not sure I would believe them, but I think the big difference in unwanted Thai Teen Pregnancies has more to do with Sex Education, Woman's accepted role in Asian Culture, and less access to Birth Control. Western Teens are far ahead of there Thai Peers in this area. Where a Western Teenage Girl can visit any Doctor without fear of being found out, and get Birth Control Pill's at his Office or Clinic for free. Where a Teenaged Boy can get a Condom from any Bathroom at his High School. Maybe even Junior High School.

But I also remember a time in the West when Teen Pregnancy was also very high and higher than here. A time when a Teenage Girl who went to visit her Family Doctor to get Birth Control Pills, which was the only way she could get them, knowing he was forced by law to call her Parents if she was under 18 years old. Or her counterpart, a Teenaged Boy who went to the Pharmacy to buy a Condom, which was also the only place you could buy them back then, and he would be laughed out of the building as you needed to be at least 18 years old. Why? Who Knows? But also a time when many Teenaged Boys walked away from their responsibility and kids and perhaps like they do here.

In Thailand you can walk into any pharmacy and buy birth control pills without prescription, more or less self-service – condoms are for sale at all 7-eleven and like stores, even those next to schools and not allowed to sell cigarettes and alcohol…
The supply situation may however be different in a rural Isaan village, may need to go to a nearby town…
But agree that education and information may be a reason…
Also culture will be needed to take into consideration. Many village girls still get married as teens – often village marriage, so no statistics – girls at 15 or 16 years old not unusual. Does anybody know how many of these marriages have offspring and how many marriages that lasts…?

Just trying to stir it up about the Isaan comment.smile.png Some people are overly sensitive about their wife coming from Isaan because so many prostitutes are from Isaan. Just meant it as a bit of humour.smile.png

What I just can't understand is why so many Thai men have no interest in their children. Contrary to what some guys believe that male animals only wish to breed, I just assumed most guys would be thrilled to be a father and want to be apart of their child's life forever. I took this as a given as my friends have all said the day their child was born was one of the most memorable days of their life.

Is it not the same feeling for most Thai men?

And for the posters that claim men in the west only pay support under threat of jail....is this true? Wouldn't most men voluntarily want to take care of their children without any court order? I would love the chance to have Thai mixed children if I could meet a Thai lady of equal financial capacity and education. I just feel a successful marriage should be one of equals and not some gross mismatch where the man has 10,000 X more baht than her.

Whereustay, have you never met Thai male parents who just adore their kids? I have. Every single day. You make it sound as if every Thai guy abandons their kids. Someone else mentioned it, but the fact is that the Thai government simply doesn't enforce child support payments. If the US gov hadn't created draconian laws to force deadbeat dads to pay child support, the problem would be massive in the states. I'm not defending deadbeat dads, but there are plenty of guys of every nationality who would shirk their parental responsibilities if they could get away with it.

I do notice that farangs in Thailand tend to date/marry disproportionately single mothers. This is a wonderful thing, by the way, as I think many of these ladies would make great mothers/wives. But this tendency alone would seem to give the typical farang a rather distorted view of how Thai males view their offspring.

Yeah, I've noticed so many Western guys that are marrying Thai girls with kids from a Thai dad. I have no idea why this occurs as the majority of single Thai girls are childless. I have no idea where farang are meeting these single moms, but so often it seems the poor Thai men are the ones that aren't interested in staying a part of their child's life and the mother without a good job and education is the one marrying a foreigner.

It's quite hard to find a girl over 20 who is childless.

Another example of your gullibility, Thai hooker lies and you believe.

Do you also believe, this is the first week she works in a bar? Thai men no good? She is only the cashier and never goes with customers except you?

Of course you do!

Yeah, I've noticed so many Western guys that are marrying Thai girls with kids from a Thai dad. I have no idea why this occurs as the majority of single Thai girls are childless. I have no idea where farang are meeting these single moms, but so often it seems the poor Thai men are the ones that aren't interested in staying a part of their child's life and the mother without a good job and education is the one marrying a foreigner.

It's quite hard to find a girl over 20 who is childless.

Another example of your gullibility, Thai hooker lies and you believe.

Do you also believe, this is the first week she works in a bar? Thai men no good? She is only the cashier and never goes with customers except you?

Of course you do!

You actually believe what you wrote? Hard to find a Thai girl over 20 who is childless? I actually have found the opposite...outside of Nana, the majority of working professional single girls are childless.

When she says "Thai men no good", what she is in fact saying is that she doesn't have the necessary qualities to attract a Thai man who is good, as why would he be interested in her? She's either ugly, stupid, uneducated, or comes from an unsuccessful Thai family.

You see the Thai men who are successful? Driving the new BMWs in Thonglor and Ekamai. Do they go out with the trash? Never. They date the beautiful, white skinned, tall, rich girls with prominent last names. These girls do not have access to this dating pool so of course they say "Thai men no good." Because its true. The Thai men willing to go with them probably are no good.

Say this in Thai to a girl next time she feeds you this line. Then look in her eyes. The pasted smile has no turned to anger.smile.png Then tell her truth hurts, doesn't it.smile.png I have actually had a girl cry when I told her. Confronting the truth is so hurtful for many people.

Edited by Whereustay
  • Like 1

Why are Western men accepting single moms with limited prospects when they should be able to do so much better?

The chances of a western guy over 50 getting his hands on a Thai woman who isn't also a single mom are close to zero.

Why? Many Thai men over 50 can get their hands on a Thai girl who isn't a single mom. Why the disparity?

They date the beautiful, white skinned, tall, rich girls with prominent last names. These girls do not have access to this dating pool so of course they say "Thai men no good." Because its true. The Thai men willing to go with them probably are no good.

Not being a racist, I don't judge beauty by the color of a persons skin.

They date the beautiful, white skinned, tall, rich girls with prominent last names. These girls do not have access to this dating pool so of course they say "Thai men no good." Because its true. The Thai men willing to go with them probably are no good.

If you saw 4 black men walking towards you, dressed in hoodies at 2AM in Detroit, would you cross the street? Would it be racist to assume these 4 guys were gang members out to rob you, only because they were black?

How much did they weigh?

• Like 2

If you saw 4 black men walking towards you, dressed in hoodies at 2AM in Detroit, would you cross the street? Would it be racist to assume these 4 guys were gang members out to rob you, only because they were black?

Its a fact that money is often correlated with skin colour and height among Thai girls. Why, I don't know but its obvious to most people and is not racist for stating fact.

Do they sweat?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you have nothing at all in the USA or Canada, you can just walk away from your children.

Just because you may have nothing now in America, and just want to walk away and forget about it, the government won't. You should also know that Able Bodied Men cannot easily get Welfare in the USA or Canada. What did one of YOUR President say about this? Oh Yah! "Work for Welfare!".

So what can they do to you if you decide to walk away and not pay Child Support? For a starter they will not forgive your Debt even through Bankruptcy. They will just keep adding your monthly payments until you can start to pay. This is one of the very few debts that is not forgiven. They can also throw your Butt in Prison if you continue to refuse to pay. Also the only debt around that you can still go to jail for. So even though you may not have any money now they will collect from you later when you do.

So if you find a job again and start working, but still refuse to pay, they will Garnish your wages from your employer and force them to pay for you, which may also cost you your new found job. They will hold back any money owned to you by the government like a Tax Rebate, or anything else except perhaps a Welfare Check. They can and will seize any property of value and sell that in a forced sale, like a car. You will get to keep your clothes, baring things like a Mink Fur Coat, so as the old song truthfully says, "You get to keep the shirt on your back".

Other things they can do is withhold any money owned to you or given to you, like inheritance. They can prevent you from getting your Drivers License Renewed, or even Passport. With the many agreements our countries have with others, in this regard, they can even go after you outside of your country, like in Thailand for example. In case you have duel citizenship. So there is really no place you can go and hide... forever.

So unless you are some strange young guy, who plans on spending the rest of your life on the street, never working again, and living like a beggar, then there is lots they can do to you if you don't pay. If you have a Court Order to pay Child Support, it also doesn't even matter where the money comes from. You can be some Drug Dealer and even though they may not have caught you selling drugs, if they find money on you you can still go to jail for not paying Child Support. They call it "Contempt of Court!" I guess it sounds better than going to jail for not paying a debt.

Don't fool yourself thinking that if you don't have money now there is nothing they can do. As I pointed out here, there is lots they can do to you and will. If anyone can squeeze Blood out of a Stone it is these people. So now you also know where the rest of those Nazi War Criminals are hiding and went to work after the war. Sadly many people learn the hard way and think like you do though.

But you are the first and only one I ever heard here and say on TV, that: "No Money...No Problem!". Do you really believe that?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just because you may have nothing now in America, and just want to walk away and forget about it, the government won't. You should also know that Able Bodied Men cannot easily get Welfare in the USA or Canada. What did one of YOUR President say about this? Oh Yah! "Work for Welfare!".

So what can they do to you if you decide to walk away and not pay Child Support? For a starter they will not forgive your Debt even through Bankruptcy. They will just keep adding your monthly payments until you can start to pay. This is one of the very few debts that is not forgiven. They can also throw your Butt in Prison if you continue to refuse to pay. Also the only debt around that you can still go to jail for. So even though you may not have any money now they will collect from you later when you do.

So if you find a job again and start working, but still refuse to pay, they will Garnish your wages from your employer and force them to pay for you, which may also cost you your new found job. They will hold back any money owned to you by the government like a Tax Rebate, or anything else except perhaps a Welfare Check. They can and will seize any property of value and sell that in a forced sale, like a car. You will get to keep your clothes, baring things like a Mink Fur Coat, so as the old song truthfully says, "You get to keep the shirt on your back".

Other things they can do is withhold any money owned to you or given to you, like inheritance. They can prevent you from getting your Drivers License Renewed, or even Passport. With the many agreements our countries have with others, in this regard, they can even go after you outside of your country, like in Thailand for example. In case you have duel citizenship. So there is really no place you can go and hide... forever.

So unless you are some strange young guy, who plans on spending the rest of your life on the street, never working again, and living like a beggar, then there is lots they can do to you if you don't pay. If you have a Court Order to pay Child Support, it also doesn't even matter where the money comes from. You can be some Drug Dealer and even though they may not have caught you selling drugs, if they find money on you you can still go to jail for not paying Child Support. They call it "Contempt of Court!" I guess it sounds better than going to jail for not paying a debt.

Don't fool yourself thinking that if you don't have money now there is nothing they can do. As I pointed out here, there is lots they can do to you and will. If anyone can squeeze Blood out of a Stone it is these people. So now you also know where the rest of those Nazi War Criminals are hiding and went to work after the war. Sadly many people learn the hard way and think like you do though.

But you are the first and only one I ever heard here and say on TV, that: "No Money...No Problem!". Do you really believe that?

Excellent points Goldbuggy I think there is a realistic chance that anyone not payying child support will not get the passport renewed and will also be arrested upon return to the US. Child support is serious business in the US.

Its simple in my view. Men are just sperm donors and financial providers. In many girls minds we have no other purpose in life.

The Western girl is motivated to use the systems available that having a child brings.

Those systems are not available to Thai women.

Basically the Thai man cant afford to support himself. never mind a family.

The Western man is the cash cow.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I can't believe that TV. upholders of all things Thai continue to allow this nasty little racist troll to post here under all his handles.

Upholders of all things Thai ? I am sure that if this racist troll, as you call him, steps over the line, he will have to face the consequences.

I wonder more why you worry so much about it. What has he done to annoy you, and others, so much that you need to make such nasty comments. Would it not be better just to ignore him. Show that you are the better and bigger person.

I can't believe that TV. upholders of all things Thai continue to allow this nasty little racist troll to post here under all his handles.

Upholders of all things Thai ? I am sure that if this racist troll, as you call him, steps over the line, he will have to face the consequences.

I wonder more why you worry so much about it. What has he done to annoy you, and others, so much that you need to make such nasty comments. Would it not be better just to ignore him. Show that you are the better and bigger person.

why do you wonder so much? cant you ignore him?

please provide % by country that dont care after divorce.

According to US stats, 40% of kids don't see their father after divorce.

"While 40 percent of children whose fathers live outside the home have no contact with them, the other 60 percent had contact an average of 69 days in the last year."

http://fatherhood.hhs.gov/charting02/executive.htm

• Like 1

Men will pay millions in child support payments following custody judgements.

There's your answer. No compulsory child support in Thailand. If there was none in Western countries... there's be just as many dead beat dads.

There's your answer. No compulsory child support in Thailand. If there was none in Western countries... there's be just as many dead beat dads.

EXACTLY.

Having grown up in Australia with a single mum and a dad who tried to avoid all responsibility I don't think that the situation of "men pi**ing off on their kids after a divorce" is isolated to Thailand or anywhere else for that matter. I met a sh*tload of other kids in the same situations at mother groups etc. The only reason its changed now over in Australia is because child support is taken straight out of the wages. Over here I don't think there is any such thing. Correct me if I'm wrong.

thumbsup.gif You have a good point...

– another can be culture; Western dads/men are taught to have responsibility either by custom or by legal system…