Returning Happiness to the People - Offical Thai Army Video

The song “Return happiness to the people” is being played throughout the days before TV announcement or hourly news on the radio, broadcasting the message from the army:

“All we ask of you is to trust and have faith in us
The land will be good soon
Let us return happiness to you, the people”

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I suppose settling the seemingly insuperable insurgence problems in the muslim dominated, deep south, successfully instilling throughout the kingdom respect for the rule of law, eliminating corruption starting from the top to show an example and legitimise the necessarily resultant hard-hitting reforms in respect of tax collection, training, buying-in and remunerating teachers commensurate with their significance as well as broadening the education syllabus, and eliminating organised crime, might, eventually lead to the majority of the population having their happiness returned to them or it might not.

What if it lead to the majority of people ceasing to enjoy life as much as they previously had, stress levels increasing, frustration and dis-satisfaction abounding, personal freedoms diminishing and cynicism setting in?

Personally, I agree (with the junta) that something has to be done but to avoid the baby going out with the bath water, I believe they must attack the real bad boys and the real threats to the prosperity/happiness of the kingdom.

Edited by piersbeckett