Honda brakes

Quite right Ace, an older engine will suck ecess oil vapour into the servo, the rubber gets weak and has a jerky action, on the other side of the rubber is the master cylinder, this side has a drain hole in case the MC leaks, if this is blocked, leaking brake fluid can also contaminate the rubber,

I think what the OP is referring to is that Hondas are over servoed. At least that is my experience with my bookkeepers Honda Civic. One only has to touch the pedal. The OP will get used to it after about three or four junctions.

Third post on your topic.

I think your Toyota is so old it's either not power brakes or a very old generation of power brakes, nothing like a 2002, gonna take some getting used to

You're welcome.. whistling.gif

Edited by WarpSpeed

NOT!!! You lie Kartster!! tongue.png Slow off the line but at any rate the answer came very early on in the topic..

Warpy ok but you were already into brake fluid which obviously sent everybody off at a tangent biggrin.png i just got straight to the point no crap laugh.png

I think your Toyota is so old it's either not power brakes or a very old generation of power brakes, nothing like a 2002, gonna take some getting used to

No, the Toyota has power brakes and they work just right - progressively. That is, there is some travel and a smoothness to the pedal action. The Hondas I've tried its either no brakes or suddenly 99-100% of brake action from just a light touch. Very very sudden.

37 replies to find out he hasn't got 'grabby' brakes. He's hitting the brake pedal like a mule.

Not at all, I apply the brakes very softly and judiciously. I'm the type of driver that does everything very smoothly and easily, both to make a pleasant, comfortable ride for myself and any passengers, and to save money on fuel and repairs. You know the old saying - 'Drive like you have an egg under your foot'.

No, the Toyota has power brakes and they work just right - progressively. That is, there is some travel and a smoothness to the pedal action. The Hondas I've tried its either no brakes or suddenly 99-100% of brake action from just a light touch. Very very sudden.

37 replies to find out he hasn't got 'grabby' brakes. He's hitting the brake pedal like a mule.

Not at all, I apply the brakes very softly and judiciously. I'm the type of driver that does everything very smoothly and easily, both to make a pleasant, comfortable ride for myself and any passengers, and to save money on fuel and repairs. You know the old saying - 'Drive like you have an egg under your foot'.

Well if you are driving like 'you have an egg under your foot' and you still have a problem, perhaps your car has a fault?

You've plenty of advice so far.

Have you had a competent mechanic take a look yet?

As the saying goes..............common sense isn't too common.

• Like 1

NOT!!! You lie Kartster!! tongue.png Slow off the line but at any rate the answer came very early on in the topic..

Warpy ok but you were already into brake fluid which obviously sent everybody off at a tangent biggrin.png i just got straight to the point no crap laugh.png

sad.png I wasn't into brake fluid the first poster threw the topic off, HE was into brake fluid I set him straight and HE didn't like it as so many don't coffee1.gif ...

No, the Toyota has power brakes and they work just right - progressively. That is, there is some travel and a smoothness to the pedal action. The Hondas I've tried its either no brakes or suddenly 99-100% of brake action from just a light touch. Very very suddenly

Yes well the key here I guess in hind sight is that you misunderstood that one car is a 2002 HONDA and the other is a very old TOYOTA and there in lies the dif. so yes my first post accurate just not your knowledge and interpretation of my post and cars in general.. Basically I was saying that technology between manufacturers is different and then also between generations of automobile and they won't react the same way, who's to say which one is best or not (suspect the newer Honda is though) but certainly different and also no way of knowing what kind of maintenance, brake pads or a host of other variables apply to your situation but it sounded like it required more time for you to adjust to.. I'm often accused of going into too much detail and then something like this happens and it appears not enough detail was given, can't win but I give it a good try anyway.

Edited by WarpSpeed

Check the load sensing valve on the rear axle, if that is seized all the pressure goes to the front, or even put a coupla sand bags in the boot, add some weight on the rear, see if that makes a difference,,