Car wax

MZurf

The car needs some TLC/waxing and I would like to ask the esteemed TV members about their experiences with different car care providers in Pattaya.

Emphasis is on quality, but price is also of interest.

I've just had my car done I took it to a car spray shop .....and they stripped off the old wax off and re-cut the paint work to get rid of all the water marks and touched up a few stone chips and then re-polished and re-waxed ..it was a full 2 day process for 2 men. My pick up now looks brand new again......... ..well worth the ฿2800 charge

Heard of one on Pattaya 105 up on Nern Plab Wan. Cannot remember the details but price was 1500... tagline never be seen with a dirty car again...

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Edited by 2unique

@Banglay

An address / location would be nice

Its not in Pattaya it's in Bang Saray .....it's a spray shop near the traffic light on the Suk at Bang Saray

For a good job like that and also that cheap I am more then willing to drive 20kms

Driving away from Pattaya is that on the left or right and before or after the lights thanks?

@Banglay

An address / location would be nice

Its not in Pattaya it's in Bang Saray .....it's a spray shop near the traffic light on the Suk at Bang Saray

For a good job like that and also that cheap I am more then willing to drive 20kms

Driving away from Pattaya is that on the left or right and before or after the lights thanks?

driving towards Sattahip left hand lane

I've just had my car done I took it to a car spray shop .....and they stripped off the old wax off and re-cut the paint work to get rid of all the water marks and touched up a few stone chips and then re-polished and re-waxed ..it was a full 2 day process for 2 men. My pick up now looks brand new again......... ..well worth the ฿2800 charge

5555 3000 baht to wash and wax an Issan Rolls!

Not wash and wax I said re-cut paint which is to use a mild rubbing compound on the paint work to re-move water marks and small scratches ..this is a labour intensive procedure ,,,,,,it is not just a pressure spray and wax.....how many wash and wax takes a full 2 days?????????????

Not wash and wax I said re-cut paint which is to use a mild rubbing compound on the paint work to re-move water marks and small scratches ..this is a labour intensive procedure ,,,,,,it is not just a pressure spray and wax.....how many wash and wax takes a full 2 days?????????????

What i am sure is that you have never seen a Thai work 2 days !!!

2 days means a maximum of 4 hours for any Thai person ! understand ?

• 1 year later...

Another interesting Topic......especially Banglay

My wifes Mazda 2 looks like it has been in fight with everything & everybody......

I will pay them a visit, even though it is 20 kms from our home

a bit Annoying that I have just read this, as we were right there this evening, at a restaurant

The garage at BangSare where they also repair and do good bodywork is on the left hand side of Suk just before the lights heading towards Sattahip

From experience of this small firm doing jobs on my cars over a 5 year period they are very good and can be bartered with regards price.

Personally I wax and clean my own pickup, a good nano polish is essential, not sure what wax they use in the car washes but you can guarrannttee it will be a cheap one, doing it yourwself is good for you by the way (and cheaper)

Edited by n210mp

Hello, can you tell me what is the best wax available in Thailand ? As you seem to know your topic. Thank you <3

The garage at BangSare where they also repair and do good bodywork is on the left hand side of Suk just before the lights heading towards Sattahip

From experience of this small firm doing jobs on my cars over a 5 year period they are very good and can be bartered with regards price.

Personally I wax and clean my own pickup, a good nano polish is essential, not sure what wax they use in the car washes but you can guarrannttee it will be a cheap one, doing it yourwself is good for you by the way (and cheaper)

I need to wax my car but I only found expensive places so far . There used to be a place in Thepprasit that wash and waxed for 500 baht but they moved last year. Anything under 1000 in Pattaya / Jomtien ?

Hello, can you tell me what is the best wax available in Thailand ? As you seem to know your topic. Thank you <3

Coincidentally just finished polishing the Vigo this afternoon with a polish obtainable from Tesco it is G -Max at 780 Baht (Their most expensive one)

I used to use the more expensive ones from Big C (Carrefour) but the one above seems to be better than the ones costing over 1300 Baht IMO

The better ones like the one from tesco contain teflon canuba oil and a lot of other chemicals that the cheapos do not have also this one is advertised as a once a year polish but I do my truck every two months anyway both for the exercise and also the fact that the Sun does tend to effect the colour drastically without regular polishing

Just for information

regular polishing seems to keep the colour at its best, my Vigo is white and still retains that showroom white condition, any small cracks in the surface of the paint are mainly polish cracks and easily removed in my case with a little "Brasso" on a clean rag

Edited by n210mp

OK just by coincidence I found this place today , it¨s located on Thappraya rd, near the bridge. .

500 baht for wash & wax, and they did a great job with my car. Maybe not the best service that money can buy but my car looks almost like new so I'm happy.

20151119_162103.jpg
20151119_162110.jpg

Thank you, by bridge you mean passover where is the junction between the road coming from Bali Hai ? At the beginning of Thaoraya road ?

What did they use to wax ?

OK just by coincidence I found this place today , it¨s located on Thappraya rd, near the bridge. .

500 baht for wash & wax, and they did a great job with my car. Maybe not the best service that money can buy but my car looks almost like new so I'm happy.

20151119_162103.jpg
20151119_162110.jpg

• 1 year later...