Yet another rant!

thaibeachlovers

Actually have never had a problem, the air con guy is meant to be turning up at 1 today- so will keep you posted!

Not bad, 15 mins late. Good job - power washed the units inside and out, checked the gas etc

Now relaxing in the cool

PM me if you need phone number for a good air con company in Jomtien. ( ps nothing to do with me)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

part of being in Thailand is also understanding if you pay sh*tty wages or squeeze prices too much you can expect sh*tty companies and even these make you wait. that applies especially to expats married to Thai ladies who are proud to post in Thaivisa how their wives achieved the best deal.

After reading this 3 times, I'm still trying to figure out if that last part is a bad thing and you're scolding us -- or if its a good thing and you're jealous. wink.png

yes, the last part is a good thing if you get a good service for the price your wife negotiated and no, i am not jealous of anybody who is married to a Thai lady tongue.png

part of being in Thailand is also understanding if you pay sh*tty wages or squeeze prices too much you can expect sh*tty companies and even these make you wait. that applies especially to expats married to Thai ladies who are proud to post in Thaivisa how their wives achieved the best deal.

After reading this 3 times, I'm still trying to figure out if that last part is a bad thing and you're scolding us -- or if its a good thing and you're jealous. wink.png

yes, the last part is a good thing if you get a good service for the price your wife negotiated and no, i am not jealous of anybody who is married to a Thai lady tongue.png

smart thai wives were brought up bargaining and know exactly how much they can safely squeeze

"Are all Thai companies so rubbish?"

No, they are not, but there is a serious shortage of skilled workers and engineers.

They are trying to please, but they can't find the manpower to do so.

Sorry for a slight thread spinoff, but the lack of skilled workmen is really an issue.

It seems commonplace to assume that any poor farmer automatically qualifies as a builder, plumber etc., simply because he/she is "used to manual labour"...

Also, they don't even get proper tools to use. Cost cutting madness...

Ideally Thailand should increase the capacity of vocational schools for educating workers (can be ex-farmers) in these sectors. But as usual, who would pay for that.. Perhaps the tax base has to increase first.

The vocational schools are full of idiots who like to kill other schools students, my niece impregnated at fourteen by a student now on full probation for shooting at a bus her bf, I could go on but would spoil. The soaps as it is much more real life.

smart thai wives were brought up bargaining and know exactly how much they can safely squeeze

...their husbands? laugh.png

I just had the most pleasurable experience trying to decide between two companies to install some air con and heating at my place here in farangland. First company took the specs down and told me "If no one calls in 2 days" for me the customer to call. Two and a half weeks later no one called so I called them and the sales person said he didnt even receive the specs from the tradesman. Second company the serviceman was 2 minutes early to agreed appointment time, was very professional, wrote up quote on the spot and was even cheaper. In fact even if he was more expensive I would have gone with them for one thing. SERVICE. one thing that is non existent most of the time in LOS.

Can you believe it: $6500 worth of work and the serviceman didn't even give the specs to sales to call me - Have to question are some companies out there to make a buck or not? unbelievable

Let me get this right. You are saying, "SERVICE. one thing that is non existent most of the time in LOS." because you cant get an AC installed in the West?

Agree, that's a pretty bizarre rant from khun kinmaew. He gets crappy service in farangland, so he complains about service in the LOS. And who says we don't have certifiable nutjobs here on TV.

I don't know where it went. I had the water bill in my pocket. I was going to Lotus to pay it with a cashier. You can pay the water bill almost anywhere; Lotus or a bank or 7/11. I reached in my pocket and the bill was gone. I don't know where it went. I wrote my name and address and phone number on a piece of paper and gave that and 200 baht to a motorcycle driver and she paid the bill for me at the water office a couple of miles away. No problem.

Gas went out. I called the gas company and they dropped off a new bottle of gas 230 baht including delivery charge. It took them 10 minutes to get here from the call. No problem.

It must be karma.wai.gif

Take off those rose-tinted glasses, man. Or start your own feel good forum. Stop raining rainbows on our sullen parade. We're here to rant!!

T

The OP's big mistake is complaining.

He should bend over and take it to prove himself worthy to those who do likewise.

It was just a rant to get it off my chest. I didn't expect so many replies.

Living in an area sans farangs, it's difficult to vent to another person in the flesh.

BTW, the guy did eventually turn up unexpectedly, so he was lucky that anyone was home. He got caught in big downpour though- karma?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

He should bend over and take it to prove himself worthy to those who do likewise.

Living in an area sans farangs, it's difficult to vent to another person in the flesh.

BTW, the guy did eventually turn up unexpectedly, so he was lucky that anyone was home. He got caught in big downpour though- karma?

TBL, on the basis of your normal contributions to TVF I can't see any justification that you would be labelled as 'Anti-Thai', or a 'Hater'.

But look how quickly the pack turn and start biting over the slightest negative comment,

TBL, on the basis of your normal contributions to TVF I can't see any justification that you would be labelled as 'Anti-Thai', or a 'Hater'.

But look how quickly the pack turn and start biting over the slightest negative comment,

I was looking for a "thank you" emoticon, but they don't have one!

So, thank you for your kind comment, and indeed, I don't "hate" Thais without reason, as with any other race. Just as well for my wife, eh!