Did Anybody Experience A Thai Guarantor To Start Teaching At A Government School ?

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

I'd just switched schools and had to come up with a government employee to make a sort of a guarantee for me .Wasn't difficult, as my neighbor, an older Thai teacher and friend, was happy to do that for me.

Just curious if anybody else has heard of a similar procedure yet?

Thanks a lot in advance.-thumbsup.gif

so youre a teacher and you do not know what you have been asked to supply a guarantor for mmmmmmm?so when pupils ask you a question this will be your standard answer

What a weird post. They didn't tell me anything. My Thai wife was also with me and she doesn't know why. So please consider my thread as a serious question and don't come with stuff like "standard answer."

They'd just told me that they wanted to see a Thai government employee who knows me.

If you don't have anything to say, why do you reply?

Maybe its more of a reference rather than a guarantor

seems like a good idea really on the schools part

As far as I could find out yet, it's more a "character reference", coming from a Thai citizen, who works for the government.

Thanks for the useful replies," gerry".-coffee1.gif

If you apply for a non-B visa then the school/employer is usually the guarantor so basically the director.

Otherwise it's just someone that is your reference and can tell the school that you are a good guy! :)

If your working hard and get the right friends you probably never again need to produce a reference again, schools will ask you to come teach there. I turned down 5 schools this semester... I only applied in 1!

But on the other hand many people know me, I attend many social activities whit my school from the small English camps around the area to the national student competitions.

they just need a reference and not a guarantor, just like you will normally have a reference in your CV, but in this case they needed a Thai. i have been asked to bring a Thai . i don't know about working in government.

I would agree that it is probably more a guarantor that you know what you are doing and are not a back packer or that your credentials are not crap.

Let's be honest no offense to your wife but she is teh last person in any country or nationality that i would trust.

Having a government employee cuts down on the risk of having somchai off the street get a new set of clothes and say you are great. LOL

All the best at the new school,