How many tonnes of cassava in a ten wheel truck?

Just curious, are you trying to figure out how much cassava it takes to fill a 10 wheel truck? If the truck is licensed to carry 15 tons you still don't know. These trucks carry sand dirt, corn, gravel....and a full load of each of these will weigh more than a load of cassava. I would try to watch a few full trucks go through the scales and see how much a full load weighs. Or maybe someone here know the total weight of their crop and how many truck load they had hauled.. Unless they are going out on the highway, I doubt the drivers look too closely at the limits. This interests me as someday I may have to decide about renting a truck.

No sure if you mean the fresh tubors or the dried chips. The latter being lighter.

Round our way the big trucks are only used by the companies that chip and dry and mostly to deliver the chips to the mill.

The average etan/tuk tuk holds around 3 tons of fresh tubors. On that basis I would think the big twin trailer trucks would carry well over 20 tons but that is just guesswork.

In our area the cassava is taken to a distribution point where it is loaded into 10 wheel trucks, still fresh non dried, non chipped, and delivered to the cassava factory, I was just curious how many tonnes these held. What I really want to know is how many kilos are in a loosely packed cubic metre of cassava.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In our area the cassava is taken to a distribution point where it is loaded into 10 wheel trucks, still fresh non dried, non chipped, and delivered to the cassava factory, I was just curious how many tonnes these held. What I really want to know is how many kilos are in a loosely packed cubic metre of cassava.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just measured up a friends truck and it works out about 630 kilos/cubic metre.

• 2 weeks later...

Sugar haulers typically haul about 20-25 tons per truck. 50 tons for a rig with a trailer as well.

For all the years I have been in Thailand ,still makes me shake my head ,all these Ford 6600's hauling sugar 20 ton+ ?,with the weight of the trailer ,an old chopped down sip -law, one guy still haul's with a old Ford 5000.