Looking for Updated Information about Mukdahan...

pianoman

I will be taking a freind to Mukdahan next week so that he can do his "In & Out" Visa run... I haven't been there in about 4 or 5 years and wondering if there is anything New or Different to do while I wait for his return from the border??? The last time that i was there about the most exciting thing other than the Indo Market along the river was a rather run down smaller Tessco / Lotus...

As I will probably have a couple of hours to kill, looking for somewhere to shop and possibly somewhere good to eat (hopefully Western food) for after he returns from the border / bridge...

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions...

Pianoman

The last time I was there they had a new Big C supercenter a lot bigger than the on in Kalasin had quite a lot of other shops in the complex as well

do a search on google

enjoyed a lot of your info on Kalasin

Regards

New Big C complex with plenty of shops and some western food. New Makro, a couple of new hotels and my favorite, I monster Global House hardware store. Gotta love a good hardware store.

The new Big C complex is quite OK, you could easily spend an hour or so there.

Craighj

Thank you to all for the input and information... Sounds like Mukdahan has kept up with the rest of Isaan and is growing... I should have no problem finding enough to keep myself busy for the hour or so that my friend's visa run will take... Then somewhere for hopefully and decent lunch and then back to Kalasin...

Thanks again for the feedback...

Pianoman