PTT board chairman Dr Parnpri Phahitthanukorn resigns

webfact

PTT board chairman resigns

%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B9%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%9B%E0%

BANGKOK: -- Chairman of the board of directors of PTT Pcl Dr Parnpri Phahitthanukorn has stepped down to pave the way for the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) to restructure the country's energy sector, and name a new board chairman.

He has submitted the resignation letter to economic affairs head of the NCPO ACM Prajin Juntong and to the PTT president and chief executive officer Pairin Chuchotetavorn to inform the Stock Exchange of Thailand and to the shareholders.

Dr Parnpri made clear that his resignation was not made upon pressure by politics as he has worked under such circumstances of political changes for the past several years with transparency.

He has long thought of resigning but has to await the right time to avoid impact on the organisation, he said.

He said now it was an appropriate time to step down after the situation has eased.

He decided to step down so that the NCPO could find a new chairman and work fully in restructuring.

ACM Prajin said the resignation of the board chairman would be discussed at the meeting of the State Enterprise Policy Committee on June 17 when information of all state enterprises would be submitted for discussion.

Dr Parnpri was a former deputy leader of the dissolved Thai RakThai party and former Trade Representative during the Thaksin government.

He was also advisor to former Deputy Prime Minister and former Information and Communications Minister Dr Surapong Suebwonglee.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ptt-board-chairman-resigns/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-16

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What this man knows is indeed a treasure trove of nefarious dealings at the behest of his ''friends,'' along with those he ''advised.''

One is led to wonder how long he may stay resident in Thailand or a free man.

Interesting to note the deafening silence from Thaksin regarding the situation of his old puppet pawns is it not ?

Indeed a true judgement on the value of being a Shinwatra pawn you are worth zilch, just a throwaway pawn.

You must know what "nefarious dealings" "this man" has done for you to accuse him of doing so. So what are they? Or is this another one of your increasing number of bleating posts that make accusations with nothing to back it up?

fab4 post # 8

You must know what "nefarious dealings" "this man" has done for you to accuse him of doing so. So what are they? Or is this another one of your increasing number of bleating posts that make accusations with nothing to back it up?

Mirror mirror on the wall.

​The truth is there for those who wish to see.

Cast the mote from thine eye.

jaidam post # 7

I'm surprised he has survived this long. Wasn't this the guy that when Thaksin said his family owned zero shares in PTT and he would give countless millions of baht if anybody could prove otherwise and after a couple of days the chief of PTT piped up and said the Shins owned 10's of thousands of shares in PTT, proving again that Thaksin is a dirty big liar with no shame.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

I'm surprised he has survived this long. Wasn't this the guy that when Thaksin said his family owned zero shares in PTT and he would give countless millions of baht if anybody could prove otherwise and after a couple of days the chief of PTT piped up and said the Shins owned 10's of thousands of shares in PTT, proving again that Thaksin is a dirty big liar with no shame.

Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong again, unsurprisingly.

1. Noppadol, (not Thaksin) stated that Thaksin or his family did not own shares in PTT when Thaksin was being blamed for high fuel prices in Thailand (some things never change) in March 2013.

2. Dr Parnpri Phahitthanukorn was not Chairman of the Board then, Vichet Kasemthongsri was.

3. PTT President Pailin Chuchotttaworn, accompanied by PTT's chief financial officer Surong Bulakul, told a press conference on Monday that the online allegations against the company were distorted, adding that the Shinawatra family’s share ownership in PTT represented only 0.002 per cent of the firm's total 2.85 billion shares. The family’s ownership in PTT shares has no significant meaning in relation to the company’s operations or management, he said.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/626980-angered-by-cyber-attacks-ptt-says-shinawatra-clan-holds-only-0002-of-shares/#entry6219050

4. Noppadol obviously spoke out of line, not for the first time.

So you were completely wrong in your accusations but you did manage to get Thaksins name mentioned in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

Well done you. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

fab4 post # 8

Mirror mirror on the wall.

​The truth is there for those who wish to see.

Cast the mote from thine eye.

jaidam post # 7

Oh how embarrassing siampolee. You really should learn to not take the word of someone just because it is what you want to hear.

See post #10

Cast your own bloody mote.

• Like 1

What this man knows is indeed a treasure trove of nefarious dealings at the behest of his ''friends,'' along with those he ''advised.''

Interesting to note the deafening silence from Thaksin regarding the situation of his old puppet pawns is it not ?

Indeed a true judgement on the value of being a Shinwatra pawn you are worth zilch, just a throwaway pawn.

Fab4... grow up and stop showing your ignorance...How long have you lived in Thailand.. ? This man has resigned his job at the orders from above... resign or face a military trial.. Same as all the Red Shit bosses.. Why do you think all your heros are so silent.. They want to keep and spend their looted millions.. They have all .. up to the last man .. sold out their "beliefs.." .. Get over it..! giggle.gif

Do you honestly think the junta would put the chairman of the biggest company in thailand and one of its few multinationals on a military trial?

My lord, you must think these blokes are stupid. Its enough they got him to resign, but what damage this will do to their reputation is enough.

• Like 1

My colleagues speak highly of him and say that his reputation is good..

Oh well my oh my, Ask the Koh Samet traders their view. Has he made anymore headway into the reason for the spill ??? Contractors fault ??? nothing to do with neglect ??? or withholding info on the slick ??? acting far too late in preventing a good % of damage.

Did we get any big follow up after the spill ??? very little only, a short while after they were promoting Samet as safe

1. Noppadol, (not Thaksin) stated that Thaksin or his family did not own shares in PTT when Thaksin was being blamed for high fuel prices in Thailand (some things never change) in March 2013.

2. Dr Parnpri Phahitthanukorn was not Chairman of the Board then, Vichet Kasemthongsri was.

3. PTT President Pailin Chuchotttaworn, accompanied by PTT's chief financial officer Surong Bulakul, told a press conference on Monday that the online allegations against the company were distorted, adding that the Shinawatra family’s share ownership in PTT represented only 0.002 per cent of the firm's total 2.85 billion shares. The family’s ownership in PTT shares has no significant meaning in relation to the company’s operations or management, he said.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/626980-angered-by-cyber-attacks-ptt-says-shinawatra-clan-holds-only-0002-of-shares/#entry6219050

So you were completely wrong in your accusations but you did manage to get Thaksins name mentioned in a thread that has nothing to do with him.

You might well be the only farang alive that believes that Nopphadol acted on his own without orders from his boss that pays him. Of course, lawyers do exactly what they are told to by their client, nothing more nothing less.

I'm also not sure how correct you are about people blaming Thaksin for expensive petrol. If my memory serves me correctly his frantic denials that his family "did not even own ONE single share of PTT" came about when the Thaksin/Hun Sen plans to divide the oil/gas rights in the disputed territory in the Gulf of Thailand between the 2 families(at the cost of the respective nations). The rumours were given a shot in the arm when Thaksin married off one of his nieces/daughters to Hun Sens right hand man.

I realize that this is an emotionally trying time for you, and am pleased to see that the lads on the forum are respectfully taking it easy with you at the moment, but you must move on and accept the progress that is taking place. In time you may even come to support the progression. Revising history to what you wish Thaksin had/hadn't done will only prolong the suffering. Acceptance is key.

Very obvious the PTT chairman has been up to something, personages of his statue just don't resign out of blue.....what he has been up to will come out in wash at some point

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well done you. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Your a laugh a minute fabie.

meh.

I was there when children of prominent families were buying PTT pre-IPO shares, some on behalf of dear leader. I bought a 80,000 baht or so worth at the same time, on the same list, with the same people.

There was a reason the public tranche of the PTT IPO sold out in 3 seconds. They'd all been given to people connected before hand. I was one of them.

Fab4... grow up and stop showing your ignorance...How long have you lived in Thailand.. ? This man has resigned his job at the orders from above... resign or face a military trial.. Same as all the Red Shit bosses.. Why do you think all your heros are so silent.. They want to keep and spend their looted millions.. They have all .. up to the last man .. sold out their "beliefs.." .. Get over it..! giggle.gif

My "ignorance" will be greatly reduced no doubt when siampolee actually posts something that has substance as opposed to his normal efforts.

Aren't you inquisitive about these so called nefarious dealings, or are you too under the spell of the TVF fallback statement "everyone knows"?

Edited by fab4

meh.

I was there when children of prominent families were buying PTT pre-IPO shares, some on behalf of dear leader. I bought a 80,000 baht or so worth at the same time, on the same list, with the same people.

There was a reason the public tranche of the PTT IPO sold out in 3 seconds. They'd all been given to people connected before hand. I was one of them.

Great, I'm pleased for you - did you have anything to add?

• Like 1

You might well be the only farang alive that believes that Nopphadol acted on his own without orders from his boss that pays him. Of course, lawyers do exactly what they are told to by their client, nothing more nothing less.

I'm also not sure how correct you are about people blaming Thaksin for expensive petrol. If my memory serves me correctly his frantic denials that his family "did not even own ONE single share of PTT" came about when the Thaksin/Hun Sen plans to divide the oil/gas rights in the disputed territory in the Gulf of Thailand between the 2 families(at the cost of the respective nations). The rumours were given a shot in the arm when Thaksin married off one of his nieces/daughters to Hun Sens right hand man.

I realize that this is an emotionally trying time for you, and am pleased to see that the lads on the forum are respectfully taking it easy with you at the moment, but you must move on and accept the progress that is taking place. In time you may even come to support the progression. Revising history to what you wish Thaksin had/hadn't done will only prolong the suffering. Acceptance is key.

Just sad. Really.

• Like 1

you dont give up a big salary for nothing...

perhaps he has been made an offer that he can not refuse thumbsup.gif

Yup, leave quietly now and don't make a fuss or face a raft of charges . . .

Got a funny feeling he won't get away without charges.