Long Time Overstay No Problem

>>>>>>was stupid enough to let some of my poorer thai friends borrow my money a couple of months ago when I had enough to pay my (then) little overstay fine). As they still cannot afford to pay me back<<<<<

Kiss that money GOODBYE, you'll never get it back

Time for plan B

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai immigration is inviting you to play the game. If you have good reasons to play it, then I hope you win.

ChiangMaiThai, for some reason it doesn't matter how many posts you read, you just don't get it. you have commented that its "illegal sort of" and now its a game.

football is a game, not overstay.

Depending on the distance he looks at it (even if already in the cage), isn't it ChianMaiThai freedom to consider that even life in itself can be a game as well ?!?... :o

I have a one week overstay stamp in my passport. I got it because my old passport was full and had to wait for the embassy to issue a new one. The lady at the immigration police in Suan Plu asked me when I would leave the country. I said tomorrow, and she then handed back my passport and asked me to pay at the border.

ASIC

Thai immigration is inviting you to play the game. If you have good reasons to play it, then I hope you win.

ChiangMaiThai, for some reason it doesn't matter how many posts you read, you just don't get it. you have commented that its "illegal sort of" and now its a game.

Old CMT is a conformist who wishes to be something excitingly different, but lacks the courage to rebel.

>>>>>>was stupid enough to let some of my poorer thai friends borrow my money a couple of months ago when I had enough to pay my (then) little overstay fine). As they still cannot afford to pay me back<<<<<

Kiss that money GOODBYE, you'll never get it back

Time for plan B

How true. I suggested she make a call to the family while she's still free.

Huski, your concern for your fellow expat is truly remarkable and is to be commended. Surely you see the contradictions in the Thai immigration policy. It is illegal until you make it to the airport counter where DESPITE THE FACT THAT YOU ARE STILL IN THAILAND and could easily be arrested on the spot, you are greated with smiles and assuming you have $500, are waived through. All that's missing is a cold one. Why not have a large Chang waiting there too for the poor farang who has made it and won the GAME?

If you read what I said, I say 'If you have a good reason to play' as in 'if you are in a situation where overstay is your most realistic option, then I wish you the best.' Perhaps you have never been pushed to such a point in your own life. Perhaps everything has always been safe, easy and straightforward. Glad to hear it. All the best to you. But not everyone's life is as such.

Thai immigration has left the door open. There is a way out. Just make it to the airport. LET THE GAME'S BEGIN!

Old CMT is a conformist who wishes to be something excitingly different, but lacks the courage to rebel.

Its amazing how you draw these conclusions. Are you a psychologist as well as a lawyer?

ChiangMaiThai, we could go around and around forever on this. you are not stupid and understand what's going on at the airport/borders, it's the other readers on this forum that shouldn't get the impresssion that overstay is ok to work into their travel plans.

Its amazing how you draw these conclusions. Are you a psychologist as well as a lawyer?

I certainly comply with the immigration laws CMT.

Huski, you are right. We could go around forever. Doctor, I comply with the rules too (for the most part :o

I am not suggesting long overstay to anyone.

By now, I think this thread has plenty of information and the potential overstayer can make up his own mind.

Agreed CMT :D