Suthep reports to DSI over sedition charges

webfact

Suthep reports to DSI over sedition charges

BANGKOK: -- Suthep Thuagsuban, secretary general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee, and other PDRC leaders reported to the Department of Special Investigation Tuesday and asked for delay in sedition charges.

Other PDRC leaders, who reported to the DSI, included Satit Wongnongtoey, Tavon Senneam, Akanat Promphan, Anchalee Phaireerak, Suriyasai Katasila, Chitpas Kridakorn, and Taya Teepsuwan.

The DSI summoned them to hear the date for the DSI to hand them over to public prosecutors for their arraignments.

But Suthep asked the DSI to delay the date for passing the case to public prosecutors on ground that the PDRC wanted more time to fin evidences.

DSI spokesman Pol Lt Col Paisit Sangkhahapong said the request would be submitted to acting DSI chief Pol Gen Chatchawal Suksomjit for consideration.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-17

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But Suthep asked the DSI to delay the date for passing the case to public prosecutors on ground that the PDRC wanted more time to fin evidences.

Suthep needs time to find some evidence? shock1.gif He has had a lot of spare time on his hands lately, although I suspect it is taken up by meetings with lawyers over the range of charges he up on.

Isn't it the role of the prosecutors to find and put the evidence, I would have thought he would be looking for alibis.

Suthep needs time to find some evidence? shock1.gif He has had a lot of spare time on his hands lately, although I suspect it is taken up by meetings with lawyers over the range of charges he up on.

Isn't it the role of the prosecutors to find and put the evidence, I would have thought he would be looking for alibis.

His time, it would seem from reports, has been taken up with visiting the protesters and their families injured by bullets and grenades fired at them by the red third hand. And raising money for them and the families of those killed.

It is also the role of the defendants to produce evidence in their defense.

But I suppose there would be those who would rather they just rolled over and played dead.

Particularly when defense evidence could implicate someone.

Edited by Robby nz
  • Like 2

This is all just high theatre for the masses.

Suthep and his group are actually more likely to receive some kind of award for their persistence in helping to bring down the Thaksin regime.

Not quite as much as they would have got if they had achieved their objective without the current powers having to be involved. They were the last resort.

If Suthep does not want to spend time in jail, he has an option to go live with Thaksin. The laws need to be enforced regardless of colors. If the junta claimed being neutral, they need to prosecute him according to the laws. The court trial should not wait for anyone because he is not above the laws.

wake up boy the dsi not the junta..are prosecuting him and others...stop twisting it to suit your last gasp postings..

• Like 2

If Suthep does not want to spend time in jail, he has an option to go live with Thaksin. The laws need to be enforced regardless of colors. If the junta claimed being neutral, they need to prosecute him according to the laws. The court trial should not wait for anyone because he is not above the laws.

And Yingluck and PTP for aiding and abetting.

• Like 1

Of course it should.

I wonder when we will see Plodprasop facing the judges on the long delayed charges of exporting endangered species ?

But hay, I see you have found Suthep guilty already without a trial.

As you are such an astute judge how do you judge Thaksin and the red leaders from 2010 ?

Edited by Robby nz
  • Like 2

Has anybody been prosecuted and put in prison for destroying Central World and all the bomb and injuries from the Crimson Shirts/Black Shirts ? I do not like the term "Red Shirt", reminds me of another Culturual Revolution which only cost a few million of their own citizens.

It will take time to straighten out this mess and patience is required.

By the way since when is Freedom of Speech and Rallie to protest a corrupt governent "Sedition", at the time there was no coup order to violate.

• Like 1

Hang on a moment....

I don't think anyone is putting Suthep above the law... If these are charges of sedition, and for what???...... For calling out for Thailand to be reformed, the Thaksin regime to be brought down, an interim government, and elections after reforms...... That is sedition?

So what status is the country in now?

I think you will find that the Junta is basically rolling out an exact copy and paste. So I think it highly unlikely that they will allow Suthep and Co go to prison for it.

Also, the reason most of the Thaksin lovers are not out dancing around the thread in glee, is that they know that I am right, and even a lot of them actually seem to be warming to the 'post-Thaksin' days.

• Like 2