Online car insurance from DirectAsia.com now available with 0% interest instalments

Jonathan Fairfield

direct-asia-thailand.png

Online car insurance from DirectAsia.com now available with 0% interest installments

For Immediate Release

Bangkok, 17 June 2014–DirectAsia.com, the company that started the online car insurance revolution in Asia has now launched 0% interest monthly instalments in Thailand.

This adds to their straight-through online purchasing, Best Price Guaranteed for Safe Drivers and dedicated Thai and English speaking customer care from quotes to claims

DirectAsia.com’s easy payment plan is 0% interest for 12 months over 10 instalments.

It is available for individual car insurance policy Type 1, Type 2+ or Type 3+, which are varying types of comprehensive cover from full comprehensive cover (Type 1) through to third party liability plus limited own vehicle cover (Type 2+ and 3+).

Car owners can simply select the Monthly Instalment option when they apply online at www.DirectAsia.co.th or can ask a friendly Customer Care staff on 0-2627- 7777.

DirectAsia.com will arrange to charge premiums as 10 instalments on your credit card, helping you save your cash today.

Comprehensive car insurance can be expensive in Thailand due to a high rate of accidents and own vehicle damage. Through its direct and online platform, DirectAsia.com is able to offer genuine savings on comprehensive car insurance and focus more on customer service.

With the addition of 0% interest easy payments and DirectAsia.com has moved a step closer to hassle-free car insurance in Thailand.

Get a quote today by visiting www.DirectAsia.co.th or call 0-2627 7777.

vouchercozy.jpg

About Direct Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd.

Direct Asia (Thailand) is a licensed insurance broker in Thailand established in 2013 and regulated by the Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC). Direct Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd. offers a smarter way to buy car insurance – online or over the phone at 0-2627-7777at lower prices. Its head office is at Asia Centre, Sathorn Rd in Bangkok. It is part of the DirectAsia.com Group whichis a subsidiary of Hiscox Plc.

For more information visit:

www.DirectAsia.co.th

www.facebook.com/DirectAsiaThailand

https://twitter.com/DirectAsiaThai

https://plus.google.com/+DirectasiaCoTh/posts

www.youtube.com/user/directasiathai

www.linkedin.com/company/directasia-com

• Like 2

I've not had to claim yet, but I got insurance for my wife's car through them and I must say that it was very easy and the staff (great English) were very helpful. The insurance for my car is at the end of the year so I will get it done through them as well.

They offered a good quote for my Fortuner... Currently about 20K, they quoted 13K

I'm guessing that may change once you complete the second form which asks fro more details.

Try GluayGluay.com, there you will have to pay first before they tell you what you get for your money.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/735294-heads-up-about-gluaygluaycom-comparexpress/

Hi givenall and kmj - We don’t cut any corners on claims service. Our better prices are because we don’t believe good drivers should subsidize bad drivers. We provide better prices to safer drivers and our direct contact model saves on traditional agent sales costs. Claims is the heart of our business. We provide an accident help guarantee and we dedicate a claims service staff to take care of your claim until resolved. They are trained experts and our mission is to be proactive and to keep you informed of the status of your repair or claim payment.

Thank you

DirectAsia Thailand

Hi Amecth and JesseFrank and Richard_smith237 We are working hard to provide cover for pick-ups and more European models now. It will take a little time but its important to us we are getting there. For Honda CRV (2.4 AWD), we list this as Honda CRV 2.4 Auto 5 speed, which covers both front wheel drive and 4 wheel drive. We try hard to make vehicle descriptions accurate while simple enough, but we dont always get it intuitive for everyone, so the feedback is really valuable.

Thank you

DirectAsia Thailand

Why not insure trucks?

As soon as they do, I would gladly move over to them.

Loads of us have Dmax's, Vigo's, Navara's that never see "off road" or "hard" action and are just used as family vehicles and are arguably safer than cars and cheaper to repair!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by kjhbigv

I was going to change over to them but i couldn't convince my thai wife to as they are new to thailand and she's very conservative about change ;)

i did some research on them and noted that they have been in singapore for a while and get good customer reviews. i was going to save about 7,000 baht over our present insurance company, LMG.

maybe next year, i can convince her. they have good options (cost more) such as getting the car repaired where you want and coverage for anyone driving your car without nominating them as a driver

Anyone here remember Emil Savrunda and his ''Fire Auto and Marine? I do, I wasn't a client though.

remember Berrnie Coldfield and Robert Vesco (I.O.S.) ? I do , I was a client, didn't lose much though.

Beware of amazing offers is my advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6-C6nLgVzE

Edited by siampolee

Hi Satcommlee – Prices will refine when you provide more details - up or down, it really depends on the details. We ask extra questions to give more accurate pricing and provide savings for safe drivers. Generally the reason for a price to increase or decrease should be fairly logical, e.g. if you add drivers the price may increase or if you declare you’ll be driving less, the price should decrease.

As an aside I was acquainted with one Andy Wing who was involved in Ex Pat Motors.

Any one remember him and the company?,

Andy it seems is no longer in Thailand I wonder why..

Just tried for a quote and got a pop up box "Sorry we do not insure this make" (BMW).

Tried for another quote for a Honda CRV it doesn't who the correct model (2.4 AWD).

I got a quote for 17k on my 2.4AWD which was much better than the 25k with LMG.

All sorted, and done in 30 minutes.

• Like 1

....been waiting for something like this in Thailand for ten years.

I used to use Direct Line in UK before I moved here.

My renewal of Comprehensive Type 1 is not due 'till November. The Direct Asia system won't quote me outside a 60 day period. Fair enough.

I'll try again for a detailed quote in September!

Be really interesting to see how many TV members use this service....and post their feedback on the forum.

Note for moderators: Motoring Forum, perhaps a better place for this thread?

....been waiting for something like this in Thailand for ten years.

I used to use Direct Line in UK before I moved here.

My renewal of Comprehensive Type 1 is not due 'till November. The Direct Asia system won't quote me outside a 60 day period. Fair enough.

I'll try again for a detailed quote in September!

Be really interesting to see how many TV members use this service....and post their feedback on the forum.

Note for moderators: Motoring Forum, perhaps a better place for this thread?

Cant complain about the service. My PA initially called them. Had a policy quote in 15 minutes by email.They phoned me shortly aftrrwards did the payment over the phone and all sorted. Much better than the usual hassle. 10 out of 10 for the service today.

Agree this might be better in motoring forum.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just tried for a quote and got a pop up box "Sorry we do not insure this make" (BMW).

Tried for another quote for a Honda CRV it doesn't who the correct model (2.4 AWD).

I got a quote for 17k on my 2.4AWD which was much better than the 25k with LMG.

All sorted, and done in 30 minutes.

I'm curious to know if your new policy has all the same coverage limits as the LMG policy, and how their authorized garages are.

I had very recently an experience with another online broker in Thailand, who had a policy that was about half price as the others.

Turned out that I had 1 ( one ) authorized repair center in a radius of 25 km , and it was one who couldn't afford a landline or fax.

They also plain refused to let me read the terms and conditions of the policy before I paid.

First check when selecting an insurance company in Thailand for first insurance: what shop do they use for fixing the cars. Some use workshops that look like somchai's gone drinking laokhao and ain't coming back anytime soon.

• Like 1

I'm interested in DirectAsia but I would like to know if anyone has experience with their partner workshops: speed and quality of the repairs. I've had the most terrible experience with Honda dealership where it took them about 5 months to repair my car after getting hit by a taxi.

When I selected the insurance I found out where Viriyah fixes their cars and asked the workshop which insurance companies they service. Ended up with Ayutthaya who use the same garage, with ~20% reduction in price. Not the cheapest, but given the frequency wife manages to scratch the troop carrier, they've been good. AFAIK Viriyah is one of the most expensive ones and has the best garages. Or one could simply walk into a garage with a good reputation and ask them.

So, does DirectAsia have a list of the garages they use ?

Hi Jesse and Dr Turner,

You’ll find that our coverage is equal or higher than leading insurers, we work hard to make sure this is the case. You will also be able to see the policy terms & conditions on our website before you buy. They are posted here in our public pages: http://www.directasia.co.th/en/car-insurance/policy-documents/

Through DirectAsia.com you can choose a Dealer Garage/My Workshop option, which allows you to repair wherever you prefer. You can also choose to have repairs made at one of 200 authorized Panel Garages around Thailand. With Panel Garages, we do our utmost to manage a quality and proximity balance. We are also working hard to get Panel Garages to provide a 12 month guarantee on repairs and can offer this already with 20 garages in Bangkok and 30 garages upcountry, with more to come. Wherever you want your car repaired, a dedicated DirectAsia.com claims service personnel can contact the garage for you and provide service until the repair is complete.

DirectAsia Thailand team

Yesterday I bought from AsiaDirect 1st class insurance, incl compulsory coverage, for my newly bought Ford Focus 2.0L Sport+ (full spec) from 2012. Insured value 760.000 Bht.

After doing the online quote I submitted and 10 minutes after I had one from the sales team on the phone. We went through the different options and he told me the price change whenever I asked. I ended up with 11.5 kBht cost for the normal 1 year period, which seems very competitive. The insurance is actually by Falcon, but AsiaDirect will handle all claims etc.

The phone talk took a while since he insisted in explaining all details, but that was good as I am new to Thai market and overall I am very satisfied with the procedure. 10 minutes later a mail ticked in with policies to be downloaded/printed, while originals will be snail-mailed in 5 days. Thumbs up for the sales phase, but of course I don't know anything yet about claim handling, which is separating the good from the bad...

BTW, I heard that LMG procedure is to visually inspect the car but nothing like that here.