Nightmare in Pattaya

Yann55

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back 4 or 5 years years a lot of middle aged Thais were taking roids. I battered quite a few of them. Absolute psychos. You could see they were on roids because there was no fat between the skin and muscle. They've stopped now, don't know why? Haven't had any road rage incidents for years.

It is safe to re-enter the waters!

Going back 4 or 5 years years a lot of middle aged Thais were taking roids. I battered quite a few of them. Absolute psychos. You could see they were on roids because there was no fat between the skin and muscle. They've stopped now, don't know why? Haven't had any road rage incidents for years.

It is safe to re-enter the waters!

Had one 2 days ago, for no reason guy comes right up behind me then undertakes where the motorbikes go pulls in between me and the car in front then repeats on the guy in front, then he stops on the hard shoulder bit and does it all again, then stops on the hard shoulder comes up behind me flashing lights and then tries to undertake again on the hard shoulder but I block him as Im tired of his crap, then we get him driving up my arse and lights flashing to which I stand on the brakes, he skids and then carries on trying to do the same.

Its the point now where i am going to ram him off the road as he is totally nuts, he comes up the inside again then stops and does a u turn???????? go figure??

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies, both kind and interesting.

Yes I often think I should move out of here and I know what you mean, 'beachproperty', when you say that people seem more tense here, although strangely they shouldn't, right ? I mean you'd assume that they get enough sex and that this is a holiday/retirement place where folks can and should unwind... but the aggressivity is often massive and surprising, both from Thais and farangs (more from the second I must add).

Your suggestion about the steroids sheds a new light, ATF... and you could very well be right because the guy was all muscles. I didn't get to see if there was fat between his skin and his muscles because he was clothed and my eyes and mind were otherwise occupied ! smile.png

To 'Yipyipya123', thanks for your suggestion about stabbing except that I had nothing to stab him with as I don't usually go out assuming that i'm going to have to stab someone. May I also point out that I did get badly bruised and my self pride was in bad shape for sure, but in the end I was neither 'judged by 12' nor 'carried by 6' so perhaps my line of action wasn't so bad after all smile.png

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

I’ve been living here long enough and heard my share of horror stories about Thais colliding with a farang and calling local ‘law enforcement’, the result being that the farang has absolutely no chance of getting his side of the story through and ends up paying the big bucks, having to bribe high and low and possibly spending time in prison.

Good post but not strictly true. If you can't speak Thai and have no influence or influential friends then you will pay. True, tourists likely will pay.

I've been in accidents where I got full compensation.

I used to be quite violent on the road in that I'd honk my horn a lot but now rarely do. A friend's son was shot in the head for doing so and near my house in Khon Kaen last year someone was killed for blowing their horn.

It is wise to carry a gun in your car, if you drive at night regularly.

Is it any worse than America? I heard people get killed there for road rage and they even drive by and shoot innocent kids!

Sorry to hear about your plight....BUT ....lesson learned!

If I were you I would move out of Pattaya.....Crazy Thai's, Crazy Russians, Crazy tourists in general ....seems like everybody in Pattaya is wound too tightly...

If he's still here two years after the attack, I'm guessing he's moved on - or not - but I'm done defending Pattaya in threads that quickly abandon the incident in question in favor of the usual bashfest on a town that pumps billions of baht into the Thai Isaan economy. It's Sin City, and sin sells, apparently.

If I were you I would move out of Pattaya.....Crazy Thai's, Crazy Russians, Crazy tourists in general ....seems like everybody in Pattaya is wound too tightly...

If he's still here two years after the attack, I'm guessing he's moved on - or not - but I'm done defending Pattaya in threads that quickly abandon the incident in question in favor of the usual bashfest on a town that pumps billions of baht into the Thai Isaan economy. It's Sin City, and sin sells, apparently.

It was not my intent to bash Pattaya. Pattaya "is.. what it is!" A few times a year I like to visit as the shopping is great as is the food.

Not into the girly,night time drinking....just make day trips.

But driving there!!!!!w00t.gif ...No matter how defensive you drive,the zillions of motorbikes coming from all directions....enough to drive a man crazy....maybe that's the reason for all the crime in Pattaya.laugh.png

Edited by beachproperty

i would have stabbed him the first time but i have

no tolerance at all for personal attacks

better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Problem with " better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Is the fact that there are NO jury trials here in Thailand .. at most you will be judged by 3 all judges!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It was not my intent to bash Pattaya. Pattaya "is.. what it is!" A few times a year I like to visit as the shopping is great as is the food.

Not into the girly,night time drinking....just make day trips.

But driving there!!!!!w00t.gif ...No matter how defensive you drive,the zillions of motorbikes coming from all directions....enough to drive a man crazy....maybe that's the reason for all the crime in Pattaya.laugh.png

100% agree that the traffic is insane - they need to spend serious money and they need to do it now, but then I'd say the same about every city on the eastern seaboard in Australia. I'm still asking myself if I have the cojones to go back to Jakarta and sit in that nightmare gridlock, but that's precisely the kind of future a large chunk of the Asia-Pacific can look forward to in 2030 if the powers-that-be dont act now. When a 90-minute trip from BKK to Patts takes 3 hours, you know there's a problem and its not confined to the origin and destination cities - this entire province has exploded in just a few short years. Think happy thoughts and always keep water in the car.

• Like 1

I must say....

I'm a Farang and I have an SUV and I have had old Farang Motorcycle riders dangerously riding in front of me, then turning round giving me a glare....!!!

I'm all over them from that instant, I want to pull them over and drum into them that if you bring a motorcycle to a fight with a Fortuner, you're gonna lose, and , you never challenge people on the road, it's dangerous, a friendly burn up , ok, but aggression, especially when you are the wrong side of 60 is not a good idea.

Old Farangs should be banned from driving in Thailand.

If you were a falung why would you use a pic of a Sikh? Indians are caikes not falungs and you should be more considerate driving in a tourist area however stupid the scooter riders are.

I must say....

I'm a Farang and I have an SUV and I have had old Farang Motorcycle riders dangerously riding in front of me, then turning round giving me a glare....!!!

I'm all over them from that instant, I want to pull them over and drum into them that if you bring a motorcycle to a fight with a Fortuner, you're gonna lose, and , you never challenge people on the road, it's dangerous, a friendly burn up , ok, but aggression, especially when you are the wrong side of 60 is not a good idea.

Ah, so it was the OP's fault? It was the OP who was "aggressive." He deserved to be chased down, punched and extorted?

Of course. Just more Thai bashing, right?

So, with all the Thai bashing on this site, why do you stay here?

I knife is no protection against someone like that especially with the age gap. A knife is only effective if you are real close to him, not if you are trying to get away. If you want to use a knife in self defence, learn how to throw one, and don't forget, you will only have one chance.

I must say....

If you were a falung why would you use a pic of a Sikh? Indians are caikes not falungs and you should be more considerate driving in a tourist area however stupid the scooter riders are.

so your'e racist , good luck with that .

Caikes are caikes falungs are falungs. Oranges are oranges and apples are apples. Watch you don't knock a Russian off his bike.

I knife is no protection against someone like that especially with the age gap. A knife is only effective if you are real close to him, not if you are trying to get away. If you want to use a knife in self defence, learn how to throw one, and don't forget, you will only have one chance.

And with this skill you can always find work at a carnival and never fear going hungry again.