Why do Farangs love to Hate Thailand ?

Banzai99

The endless whinging and whining, the constant Thai bashing, yet you still stay here, so It can't be that bad can it ?

Yet it seems that many ThaiVisa Farangs really dislike Thailand, a country they are free to leave at any time, but they don't, they stay, and complain.

Or they continue to come here on their annual holidays, ( I think most TV members fall into this catagory ), why would they come to a country they have such contempt for , let alone live here ?

It's really strange, to the people who never stop whining, why do you stay ?

To the whiners who are tourists, why do you keep coming back ?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Some posters are letting off some steam; it is not polite to complain in Thailand :)

Some complaints have merit, some do not.

If the OP feels that life is perfect here, well that is his opinion. If that is OK, then why is it wrong for another poster to say life here is not perfect and some times foreigners are wronged?

• Like 1

Nobody, that lives here, or comes back as a tourist, hates Thailand.

It's just expressing there miserable selves to an anonymous forum.

Situations from the past have made them miserable and by posting here negative comments, let the steam escape.

We all love this place......but please, let us have some fun, reading the answers on TVF.

I, disagree. I think that thier are, people who can hate is here but who steal stay here any, way.

Nobody, that lives here, or comes back as a tourist, hates Thailand.

It's just expressing there miserable selves to an anonymous forum.

Situations from the past have made them miserable and by posting here negative comments, let the steam escape.

We all love this place......but please, let us have some fun, reading the answers on TVF.

Feel free to have fun with the replies to this topic :)

Here you go again.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Of course, it's an unanswered question, can you explain it ?

It's been asked and answered a few thousand times on this website, in just the past two years alone.

Why are some people never satisfied with the answers they get?

Ah, yes, because they are not getting the answers they want to hear. So they keep asking, and asking, and asking ….

• Like 2

Maybe its best explained the same way that a lot of men behave - mental abuse dished out by their partner on a regular basis but they will not leave because they "love" their partner.

What about the Thai lady who is getting assaulted on the street by her lover...someone interferes to help her and she wants to then start fighting the good Samaritan and declines to press charges on her partner.

Same mentality. Some people honestly enjoy / accept abuse. I can't explain it.

Another theory is that (true in my case) is that in order to feed my addiction to random, beautiful girls who will sleep with me, I am forced to live in a country that requires me to interact with some pretty low class people. I would much rather stay in my own country if I had the same access to young, beautiful girls available in Thailand.

Take the girls out of Thailand and you would see a huge drop in tourism.

Another way to look at it is why do so many foreigners choose to live in Thailand when Malaysia has so much more to offer (without the girls)? Why don't they choose to live there instead?

• Like 2

Maybe its best explained the same way that a lot of men behave - mental abuse dished out by their partner on a regular basis but they will not leave because they "love" their partner.

What about the Thai lady who is getting assaulted on the street by her lover...someone interferes to help her and she wants to then start fighting the good Samaritan and declines to press charges on her partner.

Another theory is that (true in my case) is that in order to feed my addiction to random, beautiful girls who will sleep with me, I am forced to live in a country that requires me to interact with some pretty low class people. I would much rather stay in my own country if I had the same access to young, beautiful girls available in Thailand.

Another way to look at it is why do so many foreigners choose to live in Thailand when Malaysia has so much more to offer (without the girls)? Why don't they choose to live there instead?

Take te girls away and you would have almost no tourism at all. Neither would you have as many multinationals here.

The entirety of Thai modernisation has been from the benefits of having pretty girls.

Thai culture has exactly 0 other worthwhile characteristics.

Some dufus will object and say he loved the temples

• Like 2

Take te girls away and you would have almost no tourism at all. Neither would you have as many multinationals here.

The entirety of Thai modernisation has been from the benefits of having pretty girls.

You are a complete idiot, it has to be said.

The girls in Thailand are obviously part of Thai culture, being 50% of the population!

Thais enjoy life, they have fun, they go out in groups with their friends and their families, sanuk is in built.

Thailand has developed economically rapidly over the last 40 years because of various factors:

1. a bulwark against communism in the 60s and 70s

2. plenty of natural resources

3 a great location, strategically, between China and the Indian ocean

4. an open,tolerant society

Multinationals have plenty of reasons to be here and stay here.

As for tourists, what about all the families and couples?,Somehow I don't think they are here for the girls.

You are a complete idiot, it has to be said.

The girls in Thailand are obviously part of Thai culture, being 50% of the population!

Thais enjoy life, they have fun, they go out in groups with their friends and their families, sanuk is in built.

Thailand has developed economically rapidly over the last 40 years because of various factors:

1. a bulwark against communism in the 60s and 70s

2. plenty of natural resources

3 a great location, strategically, between China and the Indian ocean

4. an open,tolerant society

Multinationals have plenty of reasons to be here and stay here.

As for tourists, what about all the families and couples?,Somehow I don't think they are here for the girls.

I hate all these post's-see i told you misanthrope til i die.

Edited by marko kok prong

If this was a forum of all Thai culture is reasonable, non discrimative with warm hearts and smiles, Thailand number 1, I wouldn't be on here. I would just go speak to 1 of the 66.79 million Thai people.

I've been here long enough to form opinions and need a broader view point. All the view points help to balance out my own and some do change.

So thanks, everyone.

If this was a forum of all Thai culture is reasonable, non discrimative with warm hearts and smiles, Thailand number 1, I wouldn't be on here. I would just go speak to 1 of the 66.79 million Thai people.

I've been here long enough to form opinions and need a broader view point. All the view points help to balance out my own and some do change.

So thanks, everyone.

Don't you dare thank me,i hate it when someone thank's me.

I don't think its Thailand per se, there seems to be large numbers of farangs living in Thailand who would be whinging irrespective of were they lived, they are not happy unless they are complaining, they are just miserable ba@tards

Was just going to read tonight and not bother posting, but your comment nudged a brain cell. When I lived in Turkey, there were quite a few whinging ex-pats around.

They seemed to spend quite a bit of time drinking in bars.

With reference to the op's question, I don't recall any particular bias. They moaned about everything, not just the Turks and/or Turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Misanthrope old fart. That view hasn't changed as yet, Marko.

Hate you,rubbish post,blah,blah,blah.
So I suppose a bacon sarny is out of the question...

Please,do not even mention bacon,i could become abusive,i don't want to of course,but it could happen,i blame tesco.

Misanthrope old fart. That view hasn't changed as yet, Marko.

Hate you,rubbish post,blah,blah,blah.
So I suppose a bacon sarny is out of the question...

Please,do not even mention bacon,i could become abusive,i don't want to of course,but it could happen,i blame tesco.
Yer, could of been the Lotus epidemic they had.

I don't think its Thailand per se, there seems to be large numbers of farangs living in Thailand who would be whinging irrespective of were they lived, they are not happy unless they are complaining, they are just miserable ba@tards

Agreed Mr Peel. I have had the misfortune of meeting a few. It's always someone else's fault, blah, blah, moan , whine. The strange thing is that the story repeats wherever they go. It must be difficult being in their head with all the bitterness, grandiosity and resentments that they have.

Here you go again.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Of course, it's an unanswered question, can you explain it ?

It's been asked and answered a few thousand times on this website, in just the past two years alone.

Why are some people never satisfied with the answers they get?

Ah, yes, because they are not getting the answers they want to hear. So they keep asking, and asking, and asking ….

So, do you live in Thailand by choice ?

It's not a difficult question.

Edited by Banzai99

People keep telling me that it has been answered before, but, why the <deleted> would you live in a country that you don't like, non stop whining and complaining, yet you still choose to stay here !

WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!