Miss Thailand?

A finalist to the Miss Thailand World 2006 beauty contest poses for a photo shot at the press conference at a Bangkok hotel Wednesday.

The Nation.

Number 8 eh?

I'm sure my mate short-timed her from Soi Cowboy one night last week. Could be mistaken tho'.

Anyone recognize her?

I will never understand the Thai obsession with trying to be white. For my taste, the most beautiful women come from the Isaan, are Thai-Lao in bloodline, brown skinned, black/brown hair, small, but with big features. I guess it's just me. :o

I will never understand the Thai obsession with trying to be white.

It's not just the Thai.

It's all over Asia that (especially) women want to look white or whiter. It's a culture thing that the hi-so people in Asia cherish the beautiful whiter skinned ladies and the rest follows.

That's why you see so many people, but especially women carrying umbrellas against the sunshine, covering their faces.

The western people however want to get their skin 'browned' by the summer sun but in fact, getting brown, is nothing more than dead skincells which give the skin a browner colour :o

In fact the Asian people are more clever to protect their skin from the sun.... :D

LaoPo