Top 3 Places to Listen to Music or Relax

hdkane

Hello All...I'm a bit unfamiliar with BKK, so was hoping that more experienced residents could offer their opinion on their Top 3 Places to Listen to Music or Relax...Western music or Thai music...young or more experienced...I'm open to any suggestion...Thanks in advance, hk

Late night place in Bangkok is " Wongs Place." It's a fun place for relaxing and good music, do a search on Wongs Place Bangkok and you will find it.

Address:

27/3 Soi Sribamphen, Rama 4 Road, Yannawa +66 (0)81 901 0235

Note: It opens at 10pm.

• Like 1

3rd vote for Saxaphone - casual but classy, friendly and romantic. Great music, a little loud sometimes but usually the volume level is just right.

The Skybar at Lebua usually has a nice jazz band playing.

The Bamboo Bar at Mandarin Oriental Hotel is good too.

For something different, you can go to The Pintsman for Rockabilly Fridays with the Trix O'Treat band.

• Like 1

4th vote for Saxaphone. If you want to hear some of the best Thai musicians around...it can be blues as well jazz oriented. A short walk from Victory monument's BTS station.

However, for a decidedly younger sound and very cutting edge, check out "Parking Toys". Located in the northern suburbs, not all that easy to get to if you don't have a car or take a taxi, but some great indie groups playing on the nights I went.

Google it up...Parking Toys...getting great reviews.,

• Like 1

I like Whisgars on Sukhumvit 23 (back of Guisto Italian Restaurant)

Friday night blues with Keith Nolan and Love Gone Wrong with a drink and a cigar is a nice way to end a busy week.

Music on Wed and Sat too.

Sounds like an interesting place. Not far from home for me so I think I'll check it out.

Checkinn99 with Music of the Heart Band on Sukhumvit Road opposite the Landmark Hotel about 10 yards along from the entrance to Soi 5 (not in Soi 5).

Apoteka Bar on Soi 11 on Wednesdays with Keith Nolan and Love Gone Wrong (a long way down and just around the corner where soi 11 takes a 90 degree turn to the left).

Bangkok Beat on Soi 7 / 1 (the little soi almost underneath Nana BTS)

and there are so many others :-)

Wow, 19 posts and no one has said Adhere 13 blues bar. It's on Samsen RD, only 10 min walk from KSR. It's very small but has real character. They have a very good house band that plays there Thur to Sun from 9pm on.

Brown Sugar is another nice place for jazz but I'm unsure if they've moved as they were on Sarasin (sp) next to Lumpini.

I'm going to book mark this thread as I want to check out some of the mentioned places except the RLD venues as the only one that had decent music blaring from it was the bar outside nana next to Stumble Inn.

• Like 2

Does anyone know of places that play American country-western music? There seems to be quite a few jazz or blues places, but have not found a country western location. Thanks!

I did a search but did not find anything (but that could just be due to my poor searching skills! 555)

• 6 months later...

Wow, 19 posts and no one has said Adhere 13 blues bar. It's on Samsen RD, only 10 min walk from KSR. It's very small but has real character. They have a very good house band that plays there Thur to Sun from 9pm on.

Brown Sugar is another nice place for jazz but I'm unsure if they've moved as they were on Sarasin (sp) next to Lumpini.

I'm going to book mark this thread as I want to check out some of the mentioned places except the RLD venues as the only one that had decent music blaring from it was the bar outside nana next to Stumble Inn.

Forgive my ignorance but what is KSR? Adhere sounds interesting. Many thanks.

Forgive my ignorance but what is KSR? Adhere sounds interesting. Many thanks.

KSR - Khao San Rd

AdHere 13 is north, on Sam Sen Rd, over the klong bridge and twenty yards up on the left. Opposite Blue Diamond House and a bit further North. Google map it - it's marked. Next door is good food, although AdHere does snacks and such, that it brings in from there. Some times they do a kebab type thing on the sidewalk.. Doesn't really get going until at least 9.30pm - 10pm. Closes at 12pm. 7 days a week. Best nights are Thurs to Sat. Usually a two band thing happening with the lesser starting 8.30. It is a tiny place and can get busy. The Banglamphu Band is great. If I remember correctly the bass player is related to the famous Khun Took guitarist of Chiang Mai, who now plays regularly in BKK. If you get a chance to see Khun Took, take it - he is outstanding. I'll try to find out where he plays in BKK.

I've heard good things about Parking Toys as well - thanks for the tip.

It's definitely in the middle of nowhere though.

Not if you live in Lad Phrao as I do.

Definitely intend to check it out. I will probably be the oldest person ever to set foot in the place but dont care.

• Like 1