Poll: Should Wayne Rooney be dropped for England v Uruguay?

Jonathan Fairfield

Should Wayne Rooney be dropped for England v Uruguay  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should Wayne Rooney be dropped for England v Uruguay?

000_DV1767190.jpg

pic:afp

Wayne Rooney has been on the receiving end of some pretty fierce criticism from both the press and England fans since his performance against Italy.

Looking through the forum over the past couple of days it seems opinion is pretty divided among Thaivisa members.

Some of the criticism has been harsh; Rooney was played out of position against Italy and he did make the assist for Sturridge's goal, don't forget.

That said, he hasn't played well for England for a while, maybe it's time for a change?

So the question is what does Roy do with a problem like Wayne?

Drop him?

Or show faith and stick with the Stretford End's favourite scouser?

Vote in the poll and comment below with your opinions.

Perhaps you have another solution to Roy's Rooney headache?

... This is potentially the most pointless poll ever to be carried out on Tv.com.

If we collectively decide that Rooney should be dropped, what impact will that have on the England manager's decision...?!!

• Like 2

I think it is the manager and coaching. Where were the (<deleted> ... did you see that?! moments) However I did notice when England got possession they took the time to find their spot and make a picture perfect offensive formation. Rooney has what it takes but do the manager and coaches?

... This is potentially the most pointless poll ever to be carried out on Tv.com.

If we collectively decide that Rooney should be dropped, what impact will that have on the England manager's decision...?!!

I hope you don't expect that every comment you make or every opinion you voice to have impact on anyone else or their decision making process....

• Like 1

I hope you don't expect that every comment you make or every opinion you voice to have impact on anyone else or their decision making process....

It is quite obvious that many here think they have an impact, because they dropped him in their fantasy league, and it worked.

I shouldn't really be telling you this but Roy Hodgson is actually a Thaivisa member.

Look, of course this poll is in no way going to influence the manager's decision but then again, find me another poll on some other internet forum that would.

The poll was just more about trying to gauge the opinion of Thaivisa members on whether or not Wayne Rooney should be left out of the starting 11.

If I was considering saying something and felt that it would have no impact whatsoever on anyone else or any contribution to their decision-making process, then I would probably decide to keep my comment to myself..!!

It is either rooney or sturridge up front, problem is the both suck when out on the wing. Go for ot hodgson play rwo up front

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hasn't Sturridge played very well many times when coming in from the right side?